R90 Error: Looking for resources to download

Clamoe100
Clamoe100 Posts: 53
I just did the latest update. Marvel Puzzle Quest won't open at all. And the download icon says it's looking for resources to download. I did a force stop of the app but that didn't help. I have saved through Facebook but I'm afraid to do an uninstall because I don't want to lose everything. Any suggestions? I'm on a galaxy s6 edge Android.

Moderator edit: modified subject line for clarity. Merged multiple threads on this issue. -DayvBang

Comments

• Im having the same issue after the r90 update. Uninstalled n reinstalled. Still same issue.submitted a ticket...waiting for response...but now i cant play
  • Damn... wish I saw this before I updated. Have exactly the same issue as you, game does not launch after updating. Also have a s6 edge.
  • I just installed the new update, and the app can no longer run at all. Crashes immediately. I uninstalled, redownloaded, and same issue. In the notification center there is a message for Puzzle Quest stating 'Looking for resources to download'.

Thankfully I've been in the process of testing out two tablets, so I'm still able to play on the other tablet I haven't updated on. For now at least. I'm leaning towards the keeping the tablet with the broken Marvel Puzzle Quest, so it looks like I'll no longer be able to play the game later this week?

For reference, this is an ASUS MeMO Pad HD 7 (Android 5.0).

You may want to avoid this update right now?
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    LG G4 running 5.1 reporting in.
    Update runs fine for me.
  • BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker
    I'm experiencing the same issue. I'm on Android (HTC M8 One phone). The app fails to launch, and I get an ongoing task that says "Looking for resources to download".
  • I have the same issue, including same notification. This is on an ASUS MeMO Pad HD 7 (running Android 5.0). Uninstall / redownload does not help.

I stupidly made a thread in the General Discussion area. Obviously this thread is more appropriate - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36689
  • So I uninstalled and reinstalled. I was able to use my saved game from facebook. It all works now, but I was nervous about erasing all progress for a game I've played nearly two years.
  • Same thing happened to me on my galaxy s6 Edge. I uninstalled and then reinstalled and had my game saved on facebook luckily. But I was very nervous about losing everything.
  • nic13
    nic13 Posts: 87
    Works fine on my Note 4 and Tab S.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    LG G4 update worked fine for me.
  • Thorzhamer
    Thorzhamer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    I installed the update yesterday.... prior the update i have over 84k in iso and while i was taking my lvl 94 4Clops into the DDQ i decided to lvl him... thats when i noticed 90% of my iso had dissapeared.....sent in a tick to CS but have yet to get a responce....
  • I also have the same issue on a LG G Vista.
  • BumpoTheClown
    Clamoe100 wrote:
    So I uninstalled and reinstalled. I was able to use my saved game from facebook. It all works now, but I was nervous about erasing all progress for a game I've played nearly two years.

Thanks for trying this. I'm always very wary of doing an uninstall / reinstall. I haven't lost my saved game yet, but I have been locked out of it several times before until tech support could resolve the issue, and I've had to replay the tutorial more times than I can count. But if there's no other resolution soon, I'll give it a shot.
  • Clamoe100 wrote:
    So I uninstalled and reinstalled. I was able to use my saved game from facebook. It all works now, but I was nervous about erasing all progress for a game I've played nearly two years.

Thanks for trying this. I'm always very wary of doing an uninstall / reinstall. I haven't lost my saved game yet, but I have been locked out of it several times before until tech support could resolve the issue, and I've had to replay the tutorial more times than I can count. But if there's no other resolution soon, I'll give it a shot.
    FYI - at least in my case and another poster in this thread, uninstall / re-download did nothing to help.

Obviously YMMV
  • iLL619
    iLL619 Posts: 170
    I cant login since update!! Im pissed. I tried unistalling reinstalling it wont work help
  • BumpoTheClown
    In addition to posting in this thread, I'd encourage anyone else having this problem to post a formal bug report using the form here:

https://d3publisherofamerica.zendesk.co ... quests/new

If nothing else, it will help them track who has been locked out, which might increase the odds of them tossing you a heroic token once they get things worked out.
  • iLL619
    Had this problem since last night. Uninstall reinstall wont work
  • iLL619
    I sent them message a few times. They told me to uninstall reinstall nothing works smh
  • BumpoTheClown
    Customer support got back to me with the usual boilerplate "uninstall/reinstall" instructions. I've done so, and the problem still exists.
  • iLL619
    Customer support got back to me with the usual boilerplate "uninstall/reinstall" instructions. I've done so, and the problem still exists.

Same here. They told me sane thing their soultion doesnt work