Important Announcement: Legendary Tokens Exploit

Comments

• The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    There would not be players looking for such exploits if we weren't stuck opening Starlords and Invisible Womans in most of our Legendaries. Also doesn't help that most of our other token pulls consist of Moonstones and Hawkeyes.

When the odds are fair, the players play fair (most of the time).

Know that this comes from a position of respect, but that way lies madness. Based on your previous posts, I think I understand your ongoing frustrations, but it just sounds too much like the guys I know who file share and justify it as "I totally WOULD pay for music/movies/TV if the system wasn't so corrupt, man!" I almost have more respect for the ones who just say "I did it because I didn't want to pay for it."
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Will the banhammer affect end of season rankings? Inquiring minds wanna know. icon_lol.gificon_twisted.gificon_mrgreen.gif
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it possible to say the nature of the exploit without saying how to do it? Just wondering.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe I'm the only one, but I read the "increase" part as "We've been banhammering people who use the exploit, but now we're seeing a lot of them so we want to say as publicly as possible that if you try to get infinite legendary pulls, your **** is grass."
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Maybe I'm the only one, but I read the "increase" part as "We've been banhammering people who use the exploit, but now we're seeing a lot of them so we want to say as publicly as possible that if you try to get infinite legendary pulls, your **** is grass."

If the exploiters are put out to pasture in ban-camp before end of season placements are set, I'm fine w/ however D3 decides to ban cheaters---wave by wave or one by one.
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I also find it funny that the Devs aren't addressing issues we have had for months, but they hop into action for this. I shouldn't be surprised though, it affects their bottom line.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    jtmagee wrote:
    Call them out on here. Serves them right.
    And replace their five stars with Star Lords
  • evil panda
    Stony wrote:
    I also find it funny that the Devs aren't addressing issues we have had for months, but they hop into action for this. I shouldn't be surprised though, it affects their bottom line.
    I'm happy that they moved this to the top, though, even though I wasn't aware of this exploit until an hour ago. This **** just ruins the game in so many ways
  • Stony wrote:
    This is a pretty big issue that required an immediate response. Anything less would be insane.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    how do you know if you get sandbox
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2015
    scottee wrote:
    Is it possible to say the nature of the exploit without saying how to do it? Just wondering.

Someone in this thread explained it, and the post was deleted, so. . . . It wasn't anything that required any technical know-how. Just the knowledge of the exploit, and the desire to cheat.
    Flare808 wrote:
    Sandboxing is already happening at this moment- I was in third for the season behind Noobulator and someone else. Woke up yesterday in second with Noob in first. Not sure how quickly they'll catch everyone, but the banhammers have been swinging.

I still see him there in 1st place. EDIT: Nope, now he's gone. EDIT 2: Now he's back!
  • Chirus
    Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    slidecage wrote:
    Easy if you're in an alliance. You'll be removed and will unable to join or make another alliance. Also any events you attempt to join will only have you in the full leaderboard, so you'll win first in every event. At least that's what I hear is what being sandboxed is like.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    You can not join any alliance
  • evil panda
    slidecage wrote:
    Why do you ask? Did you use this exploit?
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    evil panda wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    Why do you ask? Did you use this exploit?

/sandboxed
  • BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker

This is demonstrably not true in virtually any system composed of humans.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Going to drop a potentially unpopular opinion; if they were using a hack it otherwise manipulating their game files, then that's ban worthy, but if it was just exploiting a glitch, then I say let them stay and fire the developer behind that piece of code for costing the company money.
  • Mawtful wrote:
    Going to drop a potentially unpopular opinion; if they were using a hack it otherwise manipulating their game files, then that's ban worthy, but if it was just exploiting a glitch, then I say let them stay and fire the developer behind that piece of code for costing the company money.
    Why not penalize the players who knew they were not playing by the rules as well as fix the dev issue?
  • Mawtful wrote:

no

coding's hard and firing someone for a single mistake is silly
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    There would not be players looking for such exploits if we weren't stuck opening Starlords and Invisible Womans in most of our Legendaries. Also doesn't help that most of our other token pulls consist of Moonstones and Hawkeyes.

Know that this comes from a position of respect, but that way lies madness. Based on your previous posts, I think I understand your ongoing frustrations, but it just sounds too much like the guys I know who file share and justify it as "I totally WOULD pay for music/movies/TV if the system wasn't so corrupt, man!" I almost have more respect for the ones who just say "I did it because I didn't want to pay for it."

The frustrations are still strong with me. Looking back at my post it sounded like I exploited so I changed my original post. It's actually more fitting now icon_e_biggrin.gif