A 5* players frustrations with MPQ's matchmaking.

13»

Comments

• Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Oh a little caveat goes with this suggestion. Get rid of defensive losses! They have been an annoyance since day 1and shouldn't even exist outside of true player versus player. Seriously why should the players get punished because the AI plays differently to how we would?
    so non-stop grind from event start? whoever deprives everything else more than everyone else wins. no thanks. you thought 2.5 hr refreshes were a PITA in florida? this would be worse I'm afraid if no defensive losses. no shields means no hp spending, which would completely change a chunk of the hp economy in the game. curious to hear how to make that something other than a grindfest. current pvp is not a grindfest at all. its all about 1) how high you can climb to your 1st shield and 2) how many shields/hops you want to invest in the event. here in the CC era, they play a role as well, but definitely not a grindfest like I envision your suggestion ending up.

There was a time before shields and yet I am sure they staff still got their wages at the end of the month. You see a grind fest, yet what I see is an opportunity for players if all ranges to utilise the full extent of their roster. Now as it is most players have 2 main teams, 1 team to climb to their first shield then another team to either deter attacks or to go full out assault to finish games quickly. With every player being visible to everyone else all the time and points being safe then you may well see a more diverse composition of teams and players may he more willing to experiment with their line ups.

A smart developer will be able to figure a way to compensate for the loss of income that shield purchases generate, a lazy developer will allow it to become a grind fest. As has already been mentioned premium boosts are a way but how about a different kind of boost, say for 75 Hero Points you can get 1.5x points for every victory for 3 hours? For a measly 5 Hero Points double mana of a select colour is earned for the next awarded or damaged taken is mitigated? The concept of premium boosts still allows there to be a pay to win factor that the accountants and whales love but still allow the freeloaders a feeling of being able to compete.

Another suggestion that may or may not to be to peoples liking is to hide the leaderboards and change the placement awards to a top percentage, this way larger and fuller brackets offer more rewards overall while being offset by the smaller brackets. May also help to dissuade the players who join events late and hope to get top 10 with 500 or so points.

This board is absolutely chock full of ideas some good, some bad (like most of mine) but for some reason the development team seem hell bent on just forcing new characters out every other week instead of actually investing in the long term game and making a diverse range of gameplay modes. I mean come on 11 months for a new story event? It really took nearly a year to come up with that?!