Options

Comments

• Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    - All 3-Star characters labeled “GOLD CHARACTER” (Daken (Classic), Steve Rogers (Super Soldier), Thor (Modern), and Storm (Mohawk)) have been renamed “RARE CHARACTER” and their star rating no longer pulses. (No other changes have been made to these characters.)

Boo!
    Boooooooo!

So much this!! ^^^

One of my first 'achievements' in MPQ was to get was "all the shiny ones" icon_e_biggrin.gif (cause, you know, fully covering a 3* was just a pipe dream) and now they are no more icon_e_sad.gif

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

What's Better...
      - Passive abilities (Carnage’s
    Alien Instincts, Bullseye (Classic)’s Contract Killer, etc.) no longer fire once a battle is finished.

Can you also make this change to Old Man Logan since his passive harms him? I know it will heal the next match if you have his yellow ability but it would be nice to have it eliminated at the end of a match also.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]What's Better...
    Alien Instincts, Bullseye (Classic)’s Contract Killer, etc.) no longer fire once a battle is finished.

Can you also make this change to Old Man Logan since his passive harms him? I know it will heal the next match if you have his yellow ability but it would be nice to have it eliminated at the end of a match also.
    The "etc" implies that all passive abilities got this treatment.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone, it's time to take a peek at the last Marvel Puzzle Quest update planned for 2015!

R90 Patch Notes Preview
    (As usual, anything listed below is subject to change before release.)

As 2015 ends, two rivals appear, locked in a battle of strength, speed and agility...

Who is Miles Morales' rival??

it depends on whether we're talking cancer patient or not.

brachs-butterscotch-hard-candy-125237-w.jpg Too much candy will do that to you.
  • monstermike
    Options
    Glad to see the 5*scaling is being fixed...
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Very underwhelming update.
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    - All 3-Star characters labeled “GOLD CHARACTER” (Daken (Classic), Steve Rogers (Super Soldier), Thor (Modern), and Storm (Mohawk)) have been renamed “RARE CHARACTER” and their star rating no longer pulses. (No other changes have been made to these characters.)[/list]

I think I have to play the "If you don't have anything nice to say..." card here and just keep my mouth shut.

Or, how about a bright side.. looks like this cosmetic change, possibly to make way for a new feature, or to fix a bug (maybe why we don't have sparkly victory screen?, so they need to reclaim the flashing gold stars.
    I think it's just because we've been complaining forever that certain characters that are not Gold characters should qualify as Gold characters, like Human Torch. Instead of fixing that, they just remove Gold characters altogether. At least everything is consistent now I guess.

Inb4 they reuse pulsing stars to introduce 6-star characters...
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Glad to see the 5*scaling is being fixed...

I let out a cackle!
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]- All 3-Star characters labeled “GOLD CHARACTER” (Daken (Classic), Steve Rogers (Super Soldier), Thor (Modern), and Storm (Mohawk)) have been renamed “RARE CHARACTER” and their star rating no longer pulses. (No other changes have been made to these characters.)

This is long long overdue and something I've suggested multiple times over a long time.

This is important and though not a big change or really going to affect anyone, it shows a level of attention to (smaller) detail that this game can lack at times.

Very glad to finally see it.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

What's Better...

So pretty much KK will no longer smile at me after I win icon_cry.gif
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

What's Better...

So pretty much KK will no longer smile at me after I win icon_cry.gif

She should, because your team is still livin'. Think of it as an "attaboy!"
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    She should, because your team is still livin'. Think of it as an "attaboy!"

I would prefer this for an "attaboy":

600x450xlove-boat-600x450.jpg.pagespeed.ic._VrCDKa5Gz.jpg
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    - All 3-Star characters labeled “GOLD CHARACTER” (Daken (Classic), Steve Rogers (Super Soldier), Thor (Modern), and Storm (Mohawk)) have been renamed “RARE CHARACTER” and their star rating no longer pulses. (No other changes have been made to these characters.)

No more pulsating 3 star.png ??? NOOOOOOO!!!!!

It was fun messing w/ newbies' heads, and suggesting these characters were so AWESOME as to merit special golden light. icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif
  • LovelyMagickUnicorn
    LovelyMagickUnicorn Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hmm... If it's Peter and not Miles then does that mean that we might see the Green Goblin?

Probably not but one can hope, right?
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The spiderman symbiote suit is immune to ghost rider's penance stare...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbiote_(comics)#Powers_and_abilities

Juuuuust a little too convenient, if you ask me.

But, yeah, it's probably Miles.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]- All 3-Star characters labeled “GOLD CHARACTER” (Daken (Classic), Steve Rogers (Super Soldier), Thor (Modern), and Storm (Mohawk)) have been renamed “RARE CHARACTER” and their star rating no longer pulses. (No other changes have been made to these characters.)

This is long long overdue and something I've suggested multiple times over a long time.

This is important and though not a big change or really going to affect anyone, it shows a level of attention to (smaller) detail that this game can lack at times.

Glad to see things being consistent, but when we talk about long overdue how about rebalancing some of the 3* like IM. How horrible is it that the Devs keep saying they want us to level our characters yet they have a character that is best suited to only have 2 yellow covers. Also it would be nice to have them bump up some of the lesser 3* like Spiderman, Psylock, and even Punisher could use some polish
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    yogi_ wrote:
    "David wrote:

Glad to see things being consistent, but when we talk about long overdue how about rebalancing some of the 3* like IM. How horrible is it that the Devs keep saying they want us to level our characters yet they have a character that is best suited to only have 2 yellow covers. Also it would be nice to have them bump up some of the lesser 3* like Spiderman, Psylock, and even Punisher could use some polish
    100% agree.

There are countless past threads on this but it's not a topic you see as much of these days and/or the long time players have grown weary of suggesting it.

As much as I love bashing my head against the proverbial wall, it's well and truly clear that these are lower or lowest priority game elements that just don't rate as important enough, so for me, I gave up asking or suggesting related things some months ago.
  • Mikey Boy
    Mikey Boy Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Absolutely nothing wrong with a small patch containing nothing but bug fixes and tweaks, especially when the holiday season is approaching. Thanks to the devs for continuing to find and fix issues, even when there are no big, flashy new changes.
  • Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      - Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented all rewards from being received - if the app was closed while receiving a batch of rewards.

Is this just a fix for an issue centered around when the app was closed or will it address all the current issues around receiving rewards?

On 4 separate occasions now I've not been given the HP reward after a sub / event, even though all other rewards were issued. The game was not closed nor did it crash during the 'rewards ceremony'.

Tickets were submitted in each instance and Customer Services have been contacted and to date 2 of the 4 rewards have been retrospectively issued (the other two are very recent and as such I'm sure they will be sorted in due course). Although CS are quick at sorting the issue out each time its infuriating to have to go 'cap-in-hand' for your rewards.

Hopefully R90 will resolve this issue, do we have a roll-out date for the update?
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As 2015 ends, two rivals appear, locked in a battle of strength, speed and agility...

Of course...
    51v6WurBdQL.jpg
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wooodd wrote:
    Hopefully R90 will resolve this issue, do we have a roll-out date for the update?
    It's usually the Monday after the Patch Notes come out, so I'd guess Dec 14.