Patch Notes - R90 (12/14/15)

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
R90 Patch Notes

As 2015 ends, two rivals appear, locked in a battle of strength, speed and agility...

What's New...
    - Winter Holidays PvP warfare!

What's Better...
    - Passive abilities (Carnage’s
Alien Instincts, Bullseye (Classic)’s Contract Killer, etc.) no longer fire once a battle is finished.
- To prevent a minor bug with mission reward timing, players are no longer able to pause the game during the Victory screen.
- Fixed a bug where certain minion abilities were never firing when part of minion-only teams.
- Events that do not give out rewards based on placement (Avengers Vs. Ultron, Galactus Hungers, etc.) will no longer say “Rewards are Pending” after the event has expired.
- Team-Ups from 5-Star characters no longer randomly display levels over their current level cap.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented all rewards from being received - if the app was closed while receiving a batch of rewards.
- All 3-Star characters labeled “GOLD CHARACTER” (Daken (Classic), Steve Rogers (Super Soldier), Thor (Modern), and Storm (Mohawk)) have been renamed “RARE CHARACTER” and their star rating no longer pulses. (No other changes have been made to these characters.)

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      - Passive abilities (Carnage’s
    Alien Instincts, Bullseye (Classic)’s Contract Killer, etc.) no longer fire once a battle is finished.
    but will fire when a survival node wave is finished? how about those traps that disappear between waves?
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]-Fixed a bug where certain minion abilities were never firing when part of minion-only teams.
    don black will actually use black now and not save it for wave 4. sweet. feeder nodes might get slightly better too if some weren't using the cd ability.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"] Passive abilities (Carnage’s Alien Instincts, Bullseye (Classic)’s Contract Killer, etc.) no longer fire once a battle is finished.

Shield hoppers everywhere rejoice!

Overall though, underwhelming build is underwhelming. The new, upcoming features must be sucking up all available resources.
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]All 3-Star characters labeled “GOLD CHARACTER” (Daken (Classic), Steve Rogers (Super Soldier), Thor (Modern), and Storm (Mohawk)) have been renamed “RARE CHARACTER” and their star rating no longer pulses. (No other changes have been made to these characters.)

this is the most important update
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    As 2015 ends, two rivals appear, locked in a battle of strength, speed and agility...

Next two characters: "Miles Morales" versus "puberty". Calling it now.
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]All 3-Star characters labeled “GOLD CHARACTER” (Daken (Classic), Steve Rogers (Super Soldier), Thor (Modern), and Storm (Mohawk)) have been renamed “RARE CHARACTER” and their star rating no longer pulses. (No other changes have been made to these characters.)[/list]

Good/overdue idea!! I'm sure those pulsing stars have confused the heck out of many a new player.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Where are my sparkly victory screens!! This is unforgivable!! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    - All 3-Star characters labeled “GOLD CHARACTER” (Daken (Classic), Steve Rogers (Super Soldier), Thor (Modern), and Storm (Mohawk)) have been renamed “RARE CHARACTER” and their star rating no longer pulses. (No other changes have been made to these characters.)[/list]

Thank you for this. I'm finally ready to start spending $$$ on MPQ again.
    #missionaccomplished
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone, it's time to take a peek at the last Marvel Puzzle Quest update planned for 2015!

R90 Patch Notes Preview
    (As usual, anything listed below is subject to change before release.)

Who is Miles Morales' rival??
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Another 2 characters before the end of the year? Perhaps it's a combined pair like Rocket & Groot.

Spider-Clones. Ben Reilly makes his MPQ debut.
  • Malcrof
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone, it's time to take a peek at the last Marvel Puzzle Quest update planned for 2015!

R90 Patch Notes Preview
    (As usual, anything listed below is subject to change before release.)

Who is Miles Morales' rival??

So far, his biggest enemies have been the writers of his series....
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Venom has always been Spidey's biggest rival (other than Norman and Harry Osborne, of course).
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      -Winter Holidays PvP warfare!

I am excited about this and I don't care who knows it. I look forward to Nick Fury sending all his red and green characters in search of the ultra-rare Peppermint ISO.
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    I know nothing about Miles or his storyline, but a quick search showed me a man named Conrad Marcus becomes Venom at one point. *shrugs* I guess it's a guess lol.
  • Moon Roach wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Another 2 characters before the end of the year? Perhaps it's a combined pair like Rocket & Groot.

Spider-Clones. Ben Reilly makes his MPQ debut.

If it weren't for the 2nd part of that, I'd think it was the Superior Spiderman (two rivals, Doc Ock's mind inside of Peter Parker's body) but the 2nd part refutes that. It would make more sense if they were engaged in a battle of wills. (Peter's Mind vs Doc Ock's mind)
  • JordonLee wrote:
    I know nothing about Miles or his storyline, but a quick search showed me a man named Conrad Marcus becomes Venom at one point. *shrugs* I guess it's a guess lol.

That was only in the Ultimate Universe. Main universe it is Flash Thompson.

Mile's most likely rival is his uncle Aaron, the Ultimate universe Prowler.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    2015 ends not with a bang, but with a whimper for MPQ, it seems.

Hopefully those big new features will be arriving early in January, then.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2015
    "David wrote:

R90 Patch Notes Preview

FINALYY! SABERTOOTH CONFIRMED!

Devs next Post:
    "We are proud to announce two new characters: 1 for the vets and 1 for the newbies plus a new daily game mode!

4* Sabertooth vs 1* Wolverine (Weapon X) in an on-going daily 1v1 that takes the best features from 4* DDQ into an all-new gameplay. icon_wolverine.png vs icon_devildino.png (we're using Devil Dino's icon for now)

You choose the loaner character! Prizes for winning using 4* Sabertooth include a Standard token to give you chance to pull a 1* Weapon X! Prizes for winning using 1* Weapon X include a 1/4 chance to win a Legendary token for a chance to pull 4* Sabertooth!

Of course there will also be critical boosts rewarded! bluecrit.pnggreencrit.pngpurplecrit.pngredcrit.pngyellowcrit.pngwhitecrit.pngicon_e_biggrin.gif

We'll inform you on the forums of what the next 1v1 will be 3 hours after its released! Obviously those who are constantly playing will see the event up before we post! So keep playing! icon_e_wink.gif

Update to 4/4 Rewards: We still have not figured how to give the first 4 rewards before 20 Iso but we added a new mechanic that increases the odds to pull one of the 4 rewards for each Healthpack you use! Each healthpack grants you an extra 10% pull! We believe it's best to let some characters die and revive them just like in the comics!"

icon_lol.gif
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very underwhelming update.
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    - All 3-Star characters labeled “GOLD CHARACTER” (Daken (Classic), Steve Rogers (Super Soldier), Thor (Modern), and Storm (Mohawk)) have been renamed “RARE CHARACTER” and their star rating no longer pulses. (No other changes have been made to these characters.)[/list]

I think I have to play the "If you don't have anything nice to say..." card here and just keep my mouth shut.
  • Malcrof
    Very underwhelming update.
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

I think I have to play the "If you don't have anything nice to say..." card here and just keep my mouth shut.

Or, how about a bright side.. looks like this cosmetic change, possibly to make way for a new feature, or to fix a bug (maybe why we don't have sparkly victory screen?, so they need to reclaim the flashing gold stars.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    - All 3-Star characters labeled “GOLD CHARACTER” (Daken (Classic), Steve Rogers (Super Soldier), Thor (Modern), and Storm (Mohawk)) have been renamed “RARE CHARACTER” and their star rating no longer pulses. (No other changes have been made to these characters.)

Boo!
    Boooooooo!
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    This update isn't underwhelming. Nor is it overwhelming.

It's just... Whelming.