Ant-Man advertisement

13»

Comments

• The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Blahahah wrote:
    Looks like some people didn't click the link giving you an Ant-Man cover.
    icon_cool.gif The blue one, specifically.

I KNEW you were jerking us around, but you can be damn sure I immediately went into the game and clicked the link, just to be sure. Well done.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:

Seriously...why is everyone so bent out of shape on this issue? Hell, why is it even an issue?

Because many consumers HATE ads. Look at Hulu. This year, they started an upgraded subscription service allowing viewers to SKIP ads if you pay an additional 4 bucks a month on top of the regularly monthly $7.99 fee. And I'm sure there are subscribers who paid up.

And if you go to the movie theater, there are a LOT of people who come in late for a showing JUST to avoid the ads that are shown before the film itself.
    The popup in game didn't bother me because it's a free game... but I absolutely agree about Hulu and movies at the theaters and their commercials.

I used to watch Hulu for free online, and I'd suffer through the commercials because I was watching it for free. But when I found out that even the paid subscription had commercials, it was an absolute No Go for me. I will not pay for access to something, then be forced to watch advertisements... forcing advertisements is not something you do to a paying customer.

At least the commercials they show before movies come on before the advertised Show-Time. The previews start at the advertised show time. And I love the previews.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    i like the idea i forgot the entire movie was coming out... Too bad its nowhere to be found in redbox
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Blahahah wrote:
    Looks like some people didn't click the link giving you an Ant-Man cover.
    icon_cool.gif The blue one, specifically.

I KNEW you were jerking us around, but you can be damn sure I immediately went into the game and clicked the link, just to be sure. Well done.
    The extra layer to the joke?
    His blue is named "small-time crooks". icon_cool.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did clicking the ad actually give out a cover? Cos...I'm gonna start kicking myself if it did 8I

Had no reason to view the trailer because I saw it in cinemas and bought the blu ray. (Fun film, y'all should check it out).
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just had the popup pop up randomly while sitting on a menu.

Escalation?

I really hope not icon_lol.gif

Yeah, right after I post my message, the banner returns.
    Clicked it this time, but no cover...so either glitch or I've been duped 8P
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't really mind advertisements, as mentioned before, it is a free game, so as long as they're not deceitful or nagging, I feel like it's fine.

I do admit, this one was a little annoying, since it was exactly the same and it popped up every time the game thought I reconnected (i.e. sometimes multiple times per session).
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't mind ads when the game gives you free premium content like FF. ( over the last week future fight has given me lord knows how much in free energy because of a happy gm. I'll close a few ads for their other games, especially with a cool looking update in the works)

In this game, yeah. Nope. I've very little good will unfortunately.