Ant-Man advertisement

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they want better synergy then they should offer an antman cover if you buy the dvd, two if you buy the 3d version.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Why, if this was Facebook, I could at least post a status update declaring that I do not grant permission to post to my device in such a manner!

(But yeah, maybe an "Okay, I got it" button?)
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Oh Noes! I have to hit an extra "X" every time I play the game for free.

Sorry for the sarcasm. This feels like complaining for complaining's sake.
  • JimmyKick
    JimmyKick Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Lidolas, many of us are not playing for free. We've spent money (some people a lot of money) and are still seeing the advertising.

It reminds me of Hulu's business model where even paid subscribers are given ads.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    JimmyKick wrote:
    Lidolas, many of us are not playing for free. We've spent money (some people a lot of money) and are still seeing the advertising.

It reminds me of Hulu's business model where even paid subscribers are given ads.
    but you're not paying to play. You're paying for an advantage over others. You can pay absolutely nothing and still play this game
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    For the record, I still haven't seen antman yet. or the ultron film. REALLY hoping either Amazon or Hulu picks up digital streaming rights. . . icon_mrgreen.gif
    I believe Netflix has streaming rights to Disney/Marvel starting in 2016
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Looks like some people didn't click the link giving you an Ant-Man cover.
    icon_cool.gif The blue one, specifically.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait...are people actually getting grumpy about this?
    Why? It doesn't stop you playing the game. It's not mandatory to sit and watch the trailer for at least 10 seconds before playing. It's just another pop up ad, one we've seen thousands of throughout the game's life.

Are we...manufacturing anger now?
  • Blahahah wrote:

Ahh just like legendaries another cover I didn't need icon_lol.gif
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    This is just poor form on D3s part, especially as it pops up everytime you launch the game... guess they're making money of 'views' and when you can stick it front of someone every time they start your app, ching ching icon_neutral.gif

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • Melevorn
    Melevorn Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    As a player who has contributed an embarrassingly large quantity of real dollars to this game (more than I've ever paid for/into any game other than Star Citizen), I am disgusted to now be presented with advertisements.

Games that cost $2.99 come without ads. Games into which I've put $100s should be ad-free.

D3 can tell who has put real money into this game - they have the technology (as was demonstrated by the granting of 5 CP to everyone who'd bought HP/ISO in the past).

Disable advertising popups for any player account that isn't 100% free.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't mind the advert. At least it's not a flashing banner that hogs up the screen real estate.

What would be cool, if there were codes from the bluray/DVD purchase to get some freebies.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Why are people still claiming that this ONLY pops up when you LAUNCH the game?

It literally pops up every single time your screen goes to sleep and then wakes back up again, when you go back to the game's main menu, after certain matches / fights, etc.

Uhm..........?
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Part of me is wondering if this is a new Marvel thing. As part of their licence, they might be required to pop up advertising on Marvel's behalf when requested to. It is a tad obtrusive, and I dislike the obviousness of the advertising, though, given that the entire game is sort of a Marvel ad anyway.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    It's gone.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blahahah wrote:

This made me laugh. Thanks for that. I actually need a blue to get mine to my preferred 5/4/4 spec.
    Wait...are people actually getting grumpy about this?
    Why? It doesn't stop you playing the game. It's not mandatory to sit and watch the trailer for at least 10 seconds before playing. It's just another pop up ad, one we've seen thousands of throughout the game's life.

Are we...manufacturing anger now?

I think it's indicative of how people feel about the game right now. If they had a positive outlook on it, it would be a minor nuisance that many would overlook. The forums do seem to have a more negative outlook on the game, and that outlook is deserved, based on the direction the game has gone to, intended or unintended. So if there is something else to add on to the pile, it's going to get added on. I don't mind the pop up myself, since it's just another pop up. It is for the Ant-Man DVD/Blu release, which is an advertisement, but so are the other ads that pop up directing us to a token page to buy tokens for the newest character. It just happens that it's not directly related to the game, which is a stretch, but a complaint is a complaint, and I don't mind seeing more of them getting lobbed at Demiurge and D3 Go!
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also hope this game doesn't turn into one giant advertisement. Thats the main reason I stopped playing Asphalt 8: Airborne. I was spending more time clicking off ads than actually playing the damn game!
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    I get upset about a lot of things in this game, but this is not one of them.

They showed a pop up that can be closed immediately for a Marvel movie in a Marvel game? Oh heavens, no! Help us!! icon_rolleyes.gif

If they start advertising 3rd party things in constant places, it'll be an issue. A note that pops up and says "check out our new movie" is not of concern.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also hope this game doesn't turn into one giant advertisement. Thats the main reason I stopped playing Asphalt 8: Airborne. I was spending more time clicking off ads than actually playing the damn game!

MFF is starting to do this, over and over and over.. last week there were 3 screens to close before you got to the forever loading screen... Yah, it is a turn off.. thankfully this one banner , is AFTER the game is loaded, and closed in an instant, with no chance at missing the X to close and being re-directed to other sites or the play store.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453

Seriously...why is everyone so bent out of shape on this issue? Hell, why is it even an issue?

Because many consumers HATE ads. Look at Hulu. This year, they started an upgraded subscription service allowing viewers to SKIP ads if you pay an additional 4 bucks a month on top of the regularly monthly $7.99 fee. And I'm sure there are subscribers who paid up.

And if you go to the movie theater, there are a LOT of people who come in late for a showing JUST to avoid the ads that are shown before the film itself.