4* DDQ: Bobby bought some Jeans

Options

Comments

• Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cakewalk for a 2/3/2. Hopefully they reset the cycle because apart from my 2/3/3 X23 the rest of my crew are poorly covered and ugly. My least favourite combination.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    Surprised to see Jean again, but she did "out" Iceman, so maybe there's lingering resentment.

Great point, I didn't even think of that. Coupled with their exact match on colors, this is one of the node's best matches of both story and strategy.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Nice call on saving the blue for stuns only. I had a very unfriendly board, but got her down a good bit. Should be able to knock this one out with a tad bit of luck.

Edit. Ugh. I just can't dish out enough damage before she gets a power ready. Mine is 2/1/1.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    not terribly difficult but my 1/2/3 bobbygollum level 131 did need 3 tries (first 2 had her down to 1K health). all for starlord yellow - at least he's done now. actually using him in pve some, meh. power has crept so much his cds could become instant, non-cd powers and they wouldn't be OP. anyway, thanks for the lighter match.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3/3/4 lvl 160 Bobby, only boosted B/P stockpile, lawled my way through it on the first try. She was stunned so much I don't think she made more than 5 moves the whole time.

Still hoarding dem tokens for a big payday.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    2/1/3 lvl 125. Did it on the third try with it being the first "real" try with boosts and such. Got a purple ProfX (had only a single blue previously).
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1/2/2 lvl 111 done with 4* ddq for a while, came close a couple times (had her under 2k).. even good luck is a bad thing.. had her down to 2k, and i had 2800hp left.. made a blue match, which would gave me the ap to stun her.. the match created a cascade into 2x 5 matches.. and im dead.

10 tries this morning, 10 fails.. out of boosts, out of patience... oh well, maybe later.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nice call on saving the blue for stuns only. I had a very unfriendly board, but got her down a good bit. Should be able to knock this one out with a tad bit of luck.

Edit. Ugh. I just can't dish out enough damage before she gets a power ready. Mine is 2/1/1.

Same here. I'm debating dropping HP on another blue because 3 turns might make the difference. It'd be a hit, but I'd also be building up a top-tier character and picking up a LT.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Huh, I did it with a 0/1/4, level 131 Iceman.

Of course, I used 50% damage boost blue/purple and all round 100% damage boost because I had to rely on match damage.
    I was lucky eough to get a nice cascade of non-5-match purples and a 6th blue. Stunned her, did the purple twice to remove a ton of reds and get a load of blues. I pretty much kept her locked down and as I was agonising over a move I glanced at her health and saw she had 25 left. Such a good feeling, first one of these I've won (or even attempted) in weeks.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beat her on the 2nd try with my 0/2/2 level 106 Iceman. First time I tried to chain stun her but forgot to let the cd tile run out. So I punched her for 906. Not effective. Second time I boosted +100% match damage, +50% blue/purple damage and +2 blue/purple. Pretty much kept her stunned the whole time and denied purple/green. Long match, but not too difficult.

Got my 5th Kingpin yellow with the token.
  • slowej25
    Options
    Beat it with 1/3/1 lvl 131 Iceman. Took 4 tries to get the right board to basically stun lock her. 50% match boost and +2 stockpile blue/purple. Won with 230 health remaining.

Got Fury yellow for it. I think 3 blue is the key to this Crash but can be done with less with the right board
  • Slarow
    Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options
    stowaway wrote:
    They followed one of the hardest fights yet with one of the easiest. Did they make a change at the last minute, based on the reaction from five days ago, or are they really this inconsistent?

It's a result of their pegging the 4*DDQ enemy at 270 regardless of the two characters. The result is wildly different matchups depending on who the two characters are.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Slarow wrote:
    stowaway wrote:
    They followed one of the hardest fights yet with one of the easiest. Did they make a change at the last minute, based on the reaction from five days ago, or are they really this inconsistent?

It's a result of their pegging the 4*DDQ enemy at 270 regardless of the two characters. The result is wildly different matchups depending on who the two characters are.

Yeah, a 270 4* is a lot easier than a 270 3*.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,494 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I did it third try with my 2/2/2 127 Iceman. Like many here, I didn't even bother trying to "punch" the snowman, just used it for stunning her. Using your stun tactically is really important in this one - if the board isn't favorable, you wait (since you use the same colors as her bad for you is bad for her.) You can generally survive one shot of her green or purple, but don't let her get two. A bit of luck and it's doable. I managed to stun-lock her for quite some time.

Also, stun her before you match-5, eh? icon_e_smile.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Slarow wrote:
    stowaway wrote:

Yeah, a 270 4* is a lot easier than a 270 3*.

Also, Mr. Fantastic is a flaming pile of dog poop while Iceman is not only one of the best characters in the game but uniquely suited to dominate a one-on-one matchup. With boosts, he'd wipe the floor with a 270 Juggernaut.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    10 tries with a 2/2/1 level 111 iceman, none of which has even come close. The board has yet to give me enough blue to keep the stuns going, and no amount of defensive play can stop the AI from lol-cascading to victory.

I think it's time for me to quit, my last attempt I did a match 4 on blue on the bottom rows for my first turn, that chained into THREE match 5s that insta-gibbed me.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1/2/1 Iceman, max level 94. 1st try failed. 2nd try I used the boosts All AP +2, Green damage +50%, all color damage +50% and won. Deny green and purple. Once you start getting some blue she'll be stunned most of the time.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Options
    2/1/4 iceman.

First started at level 110, ended up soft capping at 152. ap boost for blue/purple and damage for all else.

Not enough damage or health to kill fast or withstand her AOE, so it ended up being a game of survival. Was harder than I thought it would be, way harder. Cost me quite a bit of iso, but figured iceman is a good investment anyway.

6 tries.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My level 90 2/1/0 Iceman doesn't have enough damage or stun. Enough of one would be enough, but a tiny bit of both isn't helping. Also haven't encountered a blue heavy board.

Might be the first one I miss. But I'll go down swinging.
  • dan54321
    dan54321 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Pretty happy to win this one, because it's been a while for me to win one of these, too. Lucky to have Iceman as one of my few fully covered 4*, but sounds like that wasn't even necessary, based on everyone else's experiences.

And got a Rulk, pretty happy with that -- but wouldn't mind a few 5* coming my way!! It's been a long time since I got one of those.