4* DDQ: Bobby bought some Jeans

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
You know the drill: speculations on Creepy Bob's opponents!

I'm interested to see how my 0/0/0 Iceman will do. Probably better than Mr Fantastic tbh

I think anyone with even just one blue cover can make it. A 2-turn stun is sufficient for you to get another 6 Blue AP, provided the board doesn't run out of blues

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like my 2/3/3 Bobby's chances. He's not gonna nuke anybody, but gather 6 blue, stun for four turns, gather 6 more blue, stun again, use purple to refresh the board, repeat until they die from match damage is a viable strategy.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think anyone with 3 blue can pretty easily win this one. Unless it's against silver surfer, galactus or ultron.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    I would love to see a Human Torch matchup. A man on fire versus a man on ice? Bring me some popcorn! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    I would love to see a Human Torch matchup. A man on fire versus a man on ice? Bring me some popcorn! icon_mrgreen.gif
    Torch fought Thing, but I suppose they could use 2☆ Torch vs Iceman
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hulkbuster for a red vs blue match, maybe?
  • If I were to put an opponent would Beast.

Reasons:

1° It could be a training because they are both X-men.
    2° Two colors in common: Blue and green.
    3° Mutagenic breakthrough can activate attack tiles that cause damage to the Iceman even if Beast is in stun mode.
    4° Cold as Ice can destroy special tiles of the Beast. This can reduce the damage of inside animal.
    5° Without need a lot of blue to have a stronger blow and Mutagenic Breakthrough decreases the amount of blue on the board.
    6° Medical Marvel recover blood Beast and can still generate tiles to protect Beast.

Maximized Iceman Classic had no problems to defeat him, but it would be very difficult for those who have little leveled Iceman.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Have less Iceman covers than I did of MrF or FalCap, both of which I recently failed....
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Hulkbuster for a red vs blue match, maybe?

Two weeks ago I would have said, "Obviously the Iceman fight is going to be Hulkbuster." But with the way the last few of these have gone, I won't be surprised if it ends up being Silver Surfer. Just because forum rage seems to be sweet nectar to them.

This is a hard one for them to balance, because a cheap 4-turn stun is an OP tool in a 1v1 fight. Ultron Prime might be a reasonable choice. Can't be stunned, but his powers are pretty weak without special tiles to duplicate.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No 4* opponents? Is that something implemented after XFDP fought Xforce in his DDQ node? (Serious question, no sarcasm... Might have missed that)
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    No 4* opponents? Is that something implemented after XFDP fought Xforce in his DDQ node? (Serious question, no sarcasm... Might have missed that)

We also had Jean Grey and Carnage.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    No, we had Carnage as an opponent after that. And as far as I know, Iceman will have a 4* opponent; as will Cyke
  • Mystique makes the most sense. Tie in with X-men, share similar skill set and she is very tough 1v1.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My 2/1/2 IM wouldn't stand much of a chance against anyone but I've been tempted to buy covers for him so might just use this as an excuse to. He's one of the few 4* that can stand up to 5* (except SS) due to his cheap stun.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    regardless of who it is, he's on of the best 4 stars, and would not be surprised if he was the most purchased. He'll just freeze them and then beat em. Hulkbuster would be a simple win because of the red ap drain.
    I can't think of a problem character for him.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    My 2/1/2 IM wouldn't stand much of a chance against anyone but I've been tempted to buy covers for him so might just use this as an excuse to. He's one of the few 4* that can stand up to 5* (except SS) due to his cheap stun.

I definitely think Iceman is worth whaling, but not for DDQ4. Just doesn't make sense to spend money on a cover to get another random cover.

Also, if you don't have the ISO to take advantage of the additional cover(s) then it's not going to be as beneficial.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was thinking Human Torch as well.

But again, I'm skipping it. 0/1/4 ain't gonna cut it. Haven't bothered with the 4* DDQ for at least a month now.
  • My 2/1/2 IM wouldn't stand much of a chance against anyone but I've been tempted to buy covers for him so might just use this as an excuse to. He's one of the few 4* that can stand up to 5* (except SS) due to his cheap stun.

It really is helpful in the land of 5 *.
    Consumer dream: PX / ICE / OML
  • My 2/1/2 IM wouldn't stand much of a chance against anyone but I've been tempted to buy covers for him so might just use this as an excuse to. He's one of the few 4* that can stand up to 5* (except SS) due to his cheap stun.

I definitely think Iceman is worth whaling, but not for DDQ4. Just doesn't make sense to spend money on a cover to get another random cover.

Also, if you don't have the ISO to take advantage of the additional cover(s) then it's not going to be as beneficial.

I also think Iceman worth whaling, but I needed it 8 covers not counting the Iso. 8 x 2.5k = 20k. That's Stark Salary. Making the conversion to dollars, would come out at around US$ 80.25. icon_eek.gif

I would like to know why the game is so expensive. Rather spend that money on comic books.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options

I think we all need to move to your house; in the States, Starks are $100....you're getting a discount!

Only if the place isn't cold. Not a fan of winter, i'm afraid. icon_lol.gif
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 0/2/2 Iceman would have to get extremely lucky to win. Punch a snowman only does 900 or so, so I'd be relying on chain stun and +100% match damage to win.