Petition to stop 7-day PVEs for new releases

13»

Comments

• NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    I didn't mind the hulk release so much since there was an alternative way to get him...but Miles? aarrrrgh

Adding insult to injury I just realized that my preferred time slices (s3) that ends on 11pm local time ends on.....Christmas Eve....Merry Grindmas

nope, passing up on this event. Miles looks nice but that's just not worth it. I'll hope the rng-gods will take mercy on me and give me a miles cover soonish.
  • BillyBobJoe
    BillyBobJoe Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    I hate MPQ for doing a new 4* release over every holiday this year. I hate MPQ for releasing new 4*s over 7 day PVE events. I hate myself the most because I continue to play.

2ae8593ca4e95aa4bb15be5b28a63382.jpg
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hate MPQ for doing a new 4* release over every holiday this year. I hate MPQ for releasing new 4*s over 7 day PVE events. I hate myself the most because I continue to play.

2ae8593ca4e95aa4bb15be5b28a63382.jpg

After all the problems and big mistakes on devs parts lately I am really considering why I am still playing. I guess the only explanation is that after two years I am addicted to the game, I want more and more and I can't stop the cycle. I have had a lof of fun with this game, but not in the last months. Maybe it is time to move to greener pastures... If I can cut the cord...
  • Here's a simple solution to those complaining about seven day events. Don't play them. Maybe that'll show the Devs. Probably not, since MPQ is a world wide game, different time zones, different cultures, and different holidays. The game will go on no matter what. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Disclaimer: This is my opinion having played both MPQ and MFF for some time!

Not even close to a good comparison.. sure someone can get a dainty 2* lvl 1 version .. how long will it take to get them to 4* and higher as F2P? probably many months.. and until then, they are pretty useless once you have a few 4*+.. which took MONTHS to get 2.. but i play casually.. so if someone grinds all day in MFF i am sure they can have a usable 4 or 5* in about a month or so..

While you want to dismiss the character that you get as a dainty lvl 1, it is not like a single cover 4* in MPQ isn't equally useless. The grinding to progress is still there in MFF too, but a crucial difference is that it is far less dependent on luck since you can steadily chip away at your target rather than hoping for a random cover that way never appear. There is a lot more flexibility in how their version of covers actually works too since some items can be applied to an entirely different character, further reducing the negative impact of RNG on the player's experience.

In general, I much prefer the gameplay of MPQ over MFF, but there are many ways that the latter is more flexible when it comes to progression etc.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    While you want to dismiss the character that you get as a dainty lvl 1, it is not like a single cover 4* in MPQ isn't equally useless. The grinding to progress is still there in MFF too, but a crucial difference is that it is far less dependent on luck since you can steadily chip away at your target rather than hoping for a random cover that way never appear. There is a lot more flexibility in how their version of covers actually works too since some items can be applied to an entirely different character, further reducing the negative impact of RNG on the player's experience.
    Also, in MPQ, some 4* are just plain useless in high-level play. Mr.F, Star-Lord, Elektra, etc. The MFF developers strive to make as many characters relevant as they can. They've buffed Cap a couple of times, Thor got a really nasty 6* skill, Hulk got buffed again, etc. Many of the 'oldie' characters in MFF are still very powerful at the high levels, like Vision & War Machine, and you can, as you say, 'chip away' at those characters each & every day. Not like MPQ where if you want Red Hulk, you're completely dependent on token pulls until that single cover for him rolls around in DDQ or PVP, which only happens every, what, 6 weeks? 8? More?

Anyway. I've not even bothered to start ISO-8 this time around. Think I'll just skip it entirely.
  • I also hate 7 day pVe events and wish they would go away for ever.

They do rapidly increase my burn out factor and make me want to stop playing altogether.

I am sure I am not the only person that is FORCED into participation in these due to alliance obligation. That means I can not show my true feelings and skip, boycott, turn my back on this ridiculous event without breaking my obligation to my alliance by either letting down my team and/or getting in hot water for not making my requirements.

So congrats.. you burn me out on the game and you ruin my Christmas holiday completely by forcing me to compete in a 7 day torture I have no desire to be a part of -- or you force me to break the requirements of my alliance and let my friends down. Nice choices!

Just stop these 7 day misery torturefests for good.