Petition to stop 7-day PVEs for new releases

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmmm... Kylo Ren or another 7 day grind for a 4* I won't be able to usefully cover for who knows how long? I'm going with Ren.

10135123_2.jpg?v=8CD79C624A226C0
    Hmmmm...what to dooooo...
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmmm... Kylo Ren or another 7 day grind for a 4* I won't be able to usefully cover for who knows how long? I'm going with Ren.

10135123_2.jpg?v=8CD79C624A226C0
    Hmmmm...what to dooooo...

if the new PVE is a new 4 star it be 4 days
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Sign me up under any and all aliases! The moment I saw that the next event was a 7 day one, let alone one that releases Miles into the MPQ world I thought what a great way to add salt to the wounds just fresh off of the Exploitgate scandal. I really would like this new Spidey but I don't think it's going to happen during the holiday season. Good day to you MPQ, good day to you.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crazy to compare how MPQ does a new release compared with Marvel Future Fight which has just released three spiderverse characters including Miles. He is getting given away for a week of logins, whereas in MPQ it takes a week of strict clears in the week before Xmas to get a character that will still be unsuable even if you get covers for all 3 powers.
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Sign me up!

7 day grinds for only 1 lt and covers of another new 4* who will sit on my roster under covered and usable for months.

Love a lot of the suggestions in this thread. I just wish d3 would actually acknowledge them. Shorten the event or make it a 2 part series 48,48 then 24,24,24 yielding 2 lt and more rewards.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Just stop 7-day PVEs altogether. They suck. They suck the life force right out of you.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    Crazy to compare how MPQ does a new release compared with Marvel Future Fight which has just released three spiderverse characters including Miles. He is getting given away for a week of logins, whereas in MPQ it takes a week of strict clears in the week before Xmas to get a character that will still be unsuable even if you get covers for all 3 powers.
    And in FF I drew Silk from my daily Hero chest. And FF just changed the gear upgrade system such that your gear automatically upgrades to +5 as you level your characters (to make up for the fact that they nerfed the drop rate on gear upgrade kits some time ago I suppose).

MPQ continues to be a tight-fisted grindfest to get anything new, because they really just want you to fork over $100 or more, while FF gives away goodies all the time to let you have fun playing the game however you want to play.

Netmarble will continue getting monthly purchases from me. D3 / Demiurge, nope, not a chance.
  • JimmyKick
    JimmyKick Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Bumped, signed, and agreed.

It's gotten to the point where I dread new 4 star characters being introduced. "Oh great, the chance for me to ever get a single usable four star character has just increased by another 6 months". I've got a rooster full of 1 to 3 covered 4 stars. What a waste.
  • Brett572
    Brett572 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Signed!

I knew a rage post about this would have already hit the forums.

Seriously, D3! It's Christmas! Literally the busiest time of the year for most of us. Clearly you put little, or no, thought into what makes sense for the players.

This is one of the most anticipated and talked about characters on the forums. So why not make his 4* release event 7 days, and end it on Christmas eve?!

have the Devs ever participated in an event competitively? Specifically a 7 day 4* event release and attempt to get Top 100, Top 20, or Top 10? It is a time consuming kick in the teeth!

I guess I'm the sucker that keeps playing though... Merry F. Christmas, D3!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    madok wrote:
    I seem to have found a bug on the forums. I can't upvote the original post 1,000,000,000 times. Surely this must be a bug.

Maybe I have to try it on another device to get it to work. icon_rolleyes.gif
    so if anyone finds the exploit to upvote multiple times, spread it around icon_e_wink.gif
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Signed.

Stop 7-day PVEs in general... They suck.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    And in FF I drew Silk from my daily Hero chest. And FF just changed the gear upgrade system such that your gear automatically upgrades to +5 as you level your characters (to make up for the fact that they nerfed the drop rate on gear upgrade kits some time ago I suppose).

MPQ continues to be a tight-fisted grindfest to get anything new, because they really just want you to fork over $100 or more, while FF gives away goodies all the time to let you have fun playing the game however you want to play.

Netmarble will continue getting monthly purchases from me. D3 / Demiurge, nope, not a chance.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion having played both MPQ and MFF for some time!

Not even close to a good comparison.. sure someone can get a dainty 2* lvl 1 version .. how long will it take to get them to 4* and higher as F2P? probably many months.. and until then, they are pretty useless once you have a few 4*+.. which took MONTHS to get 2.. but i play casually.. so if someone grinds all day in MFF i am sure they can have a usable 4 or 5* in about a month or so..

The point is this, all games will end up being the same.. If you want to go far, you have to put in time and effort.. If a 7 day PVE isn't your thing, head on over to PVP for constant 3 day events.
  • Agree. 7 days is too long.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    The grinding will continue until morale improves.

Good policy for a strip club. Bad policy for MPQ.

I read that as "the grinding will continue until Morales improves." I was thinking, is he starting off **** like Chulk? I should really hit the coffee before I start reading the forums. icon_lol.gif
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    Crowl wrote:

Not even close to a good comparison.. sure someone can get a dainty 2* lvl 1 version .. how long will it take to get them to 4* and higher as F2P? probably many months.. and until then, they are pretty useless once you have a few 4*+.. which took MONTHS to get 2.. but i play casually.. so if someone grinds all day in MFF i am sure they can have a usable 4 or 5* in about a month or so.. oh wait....this thread is about no-one wanting to grind.. nevermind...

The point is this, all games will end up being the same.. If you want to go far, you have to put in time and effort.. If a 7 day PVE isn't your thing, head on over to PVP for constant 3 day events.

Exactly my thoughts. I made a huge ramble about all this here back when MFF was first released, and quit shortly after HB release. Returned to the game not long ago after reading so many ppl praising MFF that I thought they fixed those issues, but nope, they made it slightly faster than before in that you're not limited to exactly 3 tries per day per mission to get those character items (which previously saw me get exactly 0 progression on bad days), but it doesnt speed up progression by much. In fact if i were to push myself to get the maximum progression available i might end up staring at my phone more than i do for MPQ.

I'll give MFF this though, it's still better than MPQ in 2 ways: you don't have to pay anything to get a character on a roster, and enemies don't scale with progression, which are just plain stupid ideas IMO. But either way both games are still a huge grindfest, which still sucks.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:
    Not even close to a good comparison.. sure someone can get a dainty 2* lvl 1 version .. how long will it take to get them to 4* and higher as F2P? probably many months.. and until then, they are pretty useless once you have a few 4*+.. which took MONTHS to get 2.. but i play casually.. so if someone grinds all day in MFF i am sure they can have a usable 4 or 5* in about a month or so.. oh wait....this thread is about no-one wanting to grind.. nevermind...

Come on. This is another silly reductionist response from you. Degree and scale matter. If the degree of grinding required in one game is significantly different, that's a very valid point of discussion.

If your responses are going to constantly simplify someone's post to the point of absurdity and then respond to that simplified summary out of context, there's little if any value to those posts.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

Come on. This is another silly reductionist response from you. Degree and scale matter. If the degree of grinding required in one game is significantly different, that's a very valid point of discussion.

If your responses are going to constantly simplify someone's post to the point of absurdity and then respond to that simplified summary out of context, there's little if any value to those posts.

As a player of both games significantly, the time requirements are just about the same to progress to the upper levels. That said, MFF has a solid upper hand in number of things to do, and is mostly non-competitive, so even now that i play just a little each day, there are things to do, but i progress very little as well. MPQ requires only 1 hand to play, and not near as much of my attention, so i can watch tv etc while playing, so it is my addiction of choice. Either game requires a modicum of commitment to progress far though.. neither is ultimately superior, very different games, so it is a matter of preference, both have things that could vastly be improved.

Both do require grinding, and lots of it, in MPQ for placement, iso, etc.. MFF for materials, gold, exp, etc.. So time requirements are about the same (i do wish MPQ had clear tickets though, wouldn't that be nice for PVE, but even with those, you have to clear it once manually first)

Sure 7 day PVE's are a pain, especially when it is a new release, and life gets in the way, but there will be other ways to pick up the new character, and if i miss out on him in the PVE, i know i can get him in his PVP, but while trying for him in the PVE, i will gain loads of iso, some HP, and some CP, so win win either way. With this weekend and next week being packed for me, even a 3 day release event would put me out of the running. So my personal opinion is, it doesn't bother me either way.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed! 7-day PVEs are the very worst and make me hate the game so much!
  • mpqr7 wrote:
    Agreed! 7-day PVEs are the very worst and make me hate the game so much!

This.....there is already a significant lack of variety in events. Why drag out the same enemies for twice as long......
  • Overall 7 days dont bother me. If its not a 7 day its a 3 followed by a 4 and ill play any way. That being said new character release is a dif story. A 7 day for old toons is fine....if i want to push t 50 one sub but not the next i can. I will play and grind this one to hopefully a t 20 finish but please no new toons on 7 day events . I get the hulk. ...hulk for a hulk clever...but this is lame. The stretch of new toons in 4 day events was great....dont go back