Petition to stop 7-day PVEs for new releases

Unknown
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Please. Stop this.

I get that Amadeus doesn't have the best skillset so quite a number of folks won't be going all out (myself included), but it's really really really too much time to commit for attaining new covers in the future.

Please make it so as to NEVER EVER release new characters over a 7-day PVE. The burnout is real, it's happening, and doing this doesn't help anyone.

The only way to (maybe) make 7-day PVEs worthwhile is to double the prizes in terms of progression rewards, covers and legendary tokens. Else it really isn't worth the grind.

Come on D3, you did good by releasing the "Amadeus' Inferno" event. Please don't take 1 step forward then 7 steps back... icon_cry.gif

Comments

• Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't take any petition seriously that isn't on change.org.
  • I think they put a particular event to Cho precisely because they know that some people will not play pve a week, I for example.
  • I think it's not as bad as it could be since you can also get a cover through the non-competitive PVE event.
  • Starsaber wrote:
    I think it's not as bad as it could be since you can also get a cover through the non-competitive PVE event.

It isn't, coupled with the fact that Cho kinda fails as a 4* character.

The point I'm trying to get through is to stop 7-day PVEs for FUTURE CHARACTER RELEASES. I'm completely nonchalant about the current one.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would say - stop 7 days pve events (or give 2 lt tokens in them).
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic wrote:
    I would say - stop 7 days pve events (or give 2 lt tokens in them).

Just this.

7-day events are bad for everything not just for new 4 releases. Now the game has turned for most of us to get as many Legendaries as possible, and in that regard this type of events are really bad. If they want to keep going with 7-day events (because they have some already), they have to seriously rethink the way they give the rewards, at least for the progression rewards and final rewards.

3-4 day events are cool, 7 day event are bad, it is that easy.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    I've stopped "competing" in 7 day events due to legendaries. The first two they ran after introducing that progression award only gave me duplicate covers for the one 4* I had fully covered (at the time), and they were just too crushing of disappointments to go through that again. It's just not worth it. I can shrug off a 3 or 4 day event if it gives me another XFW, or one day of throwing myself against a 4* DDQ, but not a 7 day grind.

I will go for those CP's in each sub tho. That's about the right amount of effort/grinding I can do for it right now, especially since I picked up Amadeus' Green cover already. I'll use that to plow into the next event.
  • rossmon
    rossmon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    They did stop doing 7-day releases. But: With a new Hulk, it only makes sense to release him in a Hulk event. So they gave everyone a free cover (through the 30-day antman refinish).

So if you don't want to grind a 7 day event, don't! you'll can still have him for your trophy rack and essentials!
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Signed. 7 day 4* character releases are really bad. They have the survey about recommending the game to friends and since they had stopped 7 day releases my likely hood of recommending the game to friends increased. No rational human being would want another to have to grind through a 7 day cutthroat release..
  • Looks like my thread isn't getting much traction. I guess the majority of forumites are masochists . :/
  • rossmon wrote:
    They did stop doing 7-day releases. But: With a new Hulk, it only makes sense to release him in a Hulk event. So they gave everyone a free cover (through the 30-day antman refinish).

So if you don't want to grind a 7 day event, don't! you'll can still have him for your trophy rack and essentials!

The Hunt was 7-day and became 4-day. Why not do the same with The Hulk?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    The change I would make to 7 day events would be to include the 4* essential in the progression rewards, it would make the event more worthwhile and reduce the randomness of a second LT.
  • SERIOUSLY D3?! THIS AGAIN?! icon_evil.gif
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadpooool wrote:
    SERIOUSLY D3?! THIS AGAIN?! icon_evil.gif

I might have quit the game, but I can't stop coming to the forum, because it's funnier than watching epic fail videos
  • Hmmm... Kylo Ren or another 7 day grind for a 4* I won't be able to usefully cover for who knows how long? I'm going with Ren.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    The grinding will continue until morale improves.

Good policy for a strip club. Bad policy for MPQ.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I seem to have found a bug on the forums. I can't upvote the original post 1,000,000,000 times. Surely this must be a bug.

Maybe I have to try it on another device to get it to work. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • This has to be bumped and stay at the top of the forum. FOR JUSTICE!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I say just stop the 7 day PVE period. It is bad enough I willingly played the Heroic to get a legendary token to try and get some more 4* and get ISO.

They should do one new story and 1 new 4* per month and take all the current 7 day events and cut them in half and run them back to back. Just that change would make them feel more worth while
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or even do it in stages

stage 1 would be 4 days Maybe 48 48
    stage 2 would be 3 days 24 24 24

double rewards