A thanks for Amadeus event

13»

Comments

• Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Have to agree....this and the ant-man event have been my favorite thus far....if all new chars were added this way many of us with busy lives/schedules could still have a shot at new chars....like to see more opportunities to earn 4* covers in this way....my Ant-man is 3/0/0 and 2 of them came from his events....would love to get him playable from running these type events...thumbs way up!
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eichen wrote:
    There is one thing that they should do different though. By the end of this event there will be a bunch of people with a single Awesome Hulk cover. It is great to have but really useless for now. Why not do a release where, with enough work, we can get one of each colored cover? It would make the new character more playable for us and at the same time it would make more money for you. Nobody is going to buy 4 more covers at the end of the event to have a 5/0/0 hulk. However if players have a 1/1/1 hulk at the end of the event there is a Really Good chance that many will pay the money for extra covers. You could do it as progression rewards were we have to grind for it. (The event is 20 days, plenty of time to grind for extra rewards.) Or just make the last node have one of each color cover in it so we have to play it over and over again for the extra colors. (and tons of 20 iso) To me that would be a win-win from both the players and bean-counters perspective.

I think they should make the first cover you gain give 1/1/1 rather than a single cover, just leave buying covers locked out for the first week or until you got a 2nd cover, on a weaker roster you can often find that a boosted 4* 1/1/1 character can be worth using unlike a single cover that just sits in your roster outside of essential nodes.
  • Dwarfsteel
    Dwarfsteel Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Any advice for beating Galactus? Facing a lvl 165 version of him. Tried numerous times with different rosters and wipe every time within about 6-8 rounds…

I've got a mostly lvl 70 roster of two stars, a bunch of poorly covered 3's and the 1 stars… seems to be just up to a very lucky board and luck of Galactus picking easily matched tiles…

The event has been challenging, but achievable up to this point. Now it seems impossible. Am I SOL?
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good job devs, fun event!

The Hulk wave battle and Galactus fight were really fun surprises. I freaked at first at the level 395 waves but after realizing it was all single hulks I put in Daredevil, who won the node for me by himself with his Billy Stick.
  • Dwarfsteel
    Dwarfsteel Posts: 55 Match Maker

Limited to 2*s and forced to use loaner Cho.... OBW 2Thor, max AP boosts, lucky board?

Use OBW to delay CDs and steal of course.

Use Thor red to feed yellow, and yellow to tear up the board and fuel Cho green. Yes, Cho green, as it will do more dmg and can destroy targeted tiles.

Or....OBW Bagman for double CD delay?

Yeah, I tried OBW and Thor with boosts… a few times… still got obliterated. Got of one CD extension before the end. Just couldn't keep blues going and everything built up beyond control. Appreciate the help though.

It would be nice if you matching his tiles did extra damage or some kind of edge beyond a lucky board. As usual it seems cascade city for the AI after a nasty blast… then another… then another… then the big wipe. Just not enough room to breathe as the damage is high and non-stop before the end smack.

Like I said the other nodes were tough and I wiped a few times, but with a solid strategy and a bit of luck I was able to pull it off. This just seems entirely luck based and praying for blues to fall like rain so I can extend the execution...
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Try OBW and modern Magneto. That will give you more blue plus the chance to destroy the board.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really liked this one too, actually better than Antman. Much better way to introduce a new character without having to pve grind.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    A bit late to the party as usual, but I also wanted to say thank you to the devs. As always, thank you for your hard work. Please make more awesome non-competitive events like this one! Looking forward to what you have in store for us next! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    A bit late to the party as usual, but I also wanted to say thank you to the devs. As always, thank you for your hard work. Please make more awesome non-competitive events like this one! Looking forward to what you have in store for us next! icon_e_biggrin.gif

There seems to be an error on your post. You made the phrase NON-COMPETITIVE smaller, not larger. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Arctic_One
    Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    I too love this type of introduction to new characters. Could be better if one of each cover could be won though. Perhaps make the 4 rewards on the last node be one of each color cover and a CP? You would likely need to beat that final node 5-15 times to gain all rewards.