A thanks for Amadeus event

wirius
wirius Posts: 667
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Really fun event. I felt like I needed to think carefully about stuns, AP denial, and proper ability firings. I didn't have to grind my soul, and the reward was just right. I bought a Stark's salary as I feel that if this is the future of the game, I fully support it. Keep it up guys, this was great.

Comments

• Completely agree. Challenging, but not over-the-top-til-i-wanna-slit-my-wrists challenging.

Thank you!
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Middle of the event = "Here, fight a level 374 Hulk, Shulk, and Rulk all in order"
    End of Event = "Fight this stage 1 Galactus"
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blahahah wrote:
    Middle of the event = "Here, fight a level 374 Hulk, Shulk, and Rulk all in order"

The Hulks were 395 for me. But, i learned how to deal with 395 hulks while in 2* land in my first Hulk PVE.

I really did enjoy the event.. and the CP in the galactus node? Yes pls!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:

The Hulks were 395 for me. But, i learned how to deal with 395 hulks while in 2* land in my first Hulk PVE.

Yup, Got both comps after 7 plays. Now I will ignore it for the next 20 days
  • GTannen73
    GTannen73 Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Malcrof wrote:

I did too. Managed to pull the CP on the first try (well, the first win--I actually screwed up the first attempt). To make it even sweeter, that was a 25th CP, so I went ahead and pulled a Legendary token. Turned out to be my first blueflag.pngicon_silversurfer.png . So, yeah...Life is good. Thanks guys!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I groaned when I saw the survival node of level 395 - 395.
    Ugh, really? This is going to utterly, utterly suck.

Then I realised what it was. Three on one for three waves. Fantastic! This will take a while, but it'll be FUN.

Loved this event. At no point was I frustrated (Well...maybe on the Hulk waves because the board completely dried up on green and Patch was useless all of a sudden, but that's very minor). Galactus at the end was a surprise and I was really grateful he wasn't a powered up Galactus. I was surprised he was stage 1, even.

So yeah, this was fun from beginning to end. More 4*s should be released this way. We need a lot more PvE like this, especially if you learn to rotate the covers a bit.

The Ghost Rider PvE was a bit hit and miss, some really annoying decisions made in that, but this feels much better.
    Please, D3. More of this. Less of the grind.
  • GTannen73 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

I did too. Managed to pull the CP on the first try (well, the first win--I actually screwed up the first attempt). To make it even sweeter, that was a 25th CP, so I went ahead and pulled a Legendary token. Turned out to be my first blueflag.pngicon_silversurfer.png . So, yeah...Life is good. Thanks guys!

There's 2 CP rewards in the Galactus node. Don't miss out on the second one!
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Add me to the list that absolutely loved the event! Very challenging without feeling like it was a chore. Between the excellent prizes and the fun along with the difficulty made this event an A+! Great job!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I may or may not have uttered an expletive along the way, but it was more of the "you magnificent bastards" variety than "oh **** this."

As I said elsewhere, I would very much like to see this sort of character roll-out become, if not the norm, at least a regular way to introduce new 4* (and it will encourage roster slot spending, so there's that).

A++ would play again
  • uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Very much enjoyed it. Also takes a lot of the stress out of the upcoming Hulk event. More like this please!
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    I for one would certainly like if they released all their new characters like this icon_e_smile.gif
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is the way to release 4*. Now I don't have to worry that much about the 7 day long grind (it's not going to happen) and I still have a first building block.
  • I agree that this was the most fun I've had with MPQ since... Growth Industry actually. The Hulk waves was BRILLIANT; something new, refreshing, and difficult to begin with, but very possible with some planning.

Seeing Galactus at the end was quite fun too, I loved the disgruntled "I could have beaten him, sulk sulk sulk" comment afterwards, great fun! More of this please!!!
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish there was a reason to replay the nodes (besides Galactus' 2nd CP). They look fun to play. However healthpacks are a finite commodity and I just let Charlie's Angels do all nodes. Since nothing is worse than going into an unknown wave node with Cap/Falcon and not seeing any goons and then getting obliterated.
  • I am also thankful for this event. Coming off the horrible grind that was Heart of Darkness it is good to see this event take place before/same time as the next Hulk pve that has Chulk placement rewards.

I am a little disappointed though that MPQ has twice now gone to Hell (story-wise... literally) and we didn't see some new goons e.g. Demons or something. Likewise I could of sworn I was about to fight Mephisto as a new non-playable enemy type like Gorgon when he kept popping up in the story panels.

Also, I hope that the next time when they re-run this pve that they alternate the cover reward colour. I enjoyed this event as much as Antman's Growth Industry but it was disappointing when they re-ran it and kept the same purple Antman reward.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I must admit, I tried a winfinite combo for the first time this event. That said, I enjoyed it greatly!
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    On the other end of the spectrum, some of us can't even get past THE FIRST node, due to having 5*s........
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    Awesome! Hulkapalooza, 5th wave 4* Avengers and Galactus, great!

I love the challange but it was all with the right start up team makeable and it was fun, best event since long time.

Thx for that, yet a nother 4* unicorn for me but real thx!
  • TLCstormz wrote:
    On the other end of the spectrum, some of us can't even get past THE FIRST node, due to having 5*s........
    I tried the first wave fight, I got a weak roster (high 90 levels) and a SS. the Hulks are l301-305, I lost against Rhulk, don't know if I can make it unless I keep getting lucky cascade effects.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    TLCstormz wrote:
    I tried the first wave fight, I got a weak roster (high 90 levels) and a SS. the Hulks are l301-305, I lost against Rhulk, don't know if I can make it unless I keep getting lucky cascade effects.

Not sure of your roster, but in the Hulk fight, stuns are the best defense. Keep the Hulks from triggering anger by unleashing your bigger attacks when they are stunned, and just keep working with match damage. If you are high 90's 3 stars, depending on covers Daredevil, Scarlet Witch, Spidey, etc. If you are still in 2 stars, Modern Mags/cStorm combo might be able to get you through with her 4 turn stun and his blue generation.