A thanks for Amadeus event

Comments

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    This is a great event and I haven't even finished it because I actually have the time to go easy and fit in a node here and there. Kudos!
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I loved it!

I did try and muscle the Hulk nodes... didn't work out well. She hulk came out the gate with Red, then Blue, then Green... and of course she sucked up the 2 AP that I was going to actually use for attacking, and cascades... I was dead before she-Hulk's first turn ended. So I came back with SW/Hood/OBW and had them all stunned most of the time with SW 5-turn stun, SW Green to keep gathering the Purple from the corners, Hood's Twin Pistols to shake up the board and damage and Black to speed up SW blue CD tile... and OBW to heal me and extend any CD's... Didn't use OBW purple steal because SW stun was much more productive. Took very little damage.

Brute force is not the way to deal with 3 hulks... lol.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brute force might not be solution but it can be icon_e_wink.gif I've managed to beat the with Angels (having only 4 blue for Prof X i can't call this winfinity). All of them survived 3 waves with less than 200 health each. It was fun!!
  • _Ryu_ wrote:
    Awesome! Hulkapalooza, 5th wave 4* Avengers and Galactus, great!

I love the challange but it was all with the right start up team makeable and it was fun, best event since long time.

Thx for that, yet a nother 4* unicorn for me but real thx!

Wondering how strong your roster is to think those parts of the event were challenging.

I thought the 3x 395 Hulk, She Hulk,Red Hulk gauntlet was a pain though.
  • I have also enjoyed the event so far- I'm on the Galactus event (mainly because I forgot how to approach him and ran out of Health Packs).

Good Job Developers
  • Great event. I had fun with it
  • gravel wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    On the other end of the spectrum, some of us can't even get past THE FIRST node, due to having 5*s........
    I tried the first wave fight, I got a weak roster (high 90 levels) and a SS. the Hulks are l301-305, I lost against Rhulk, don't know if I can make it unless I keep getting lucky cascade effects.

Not sure of your roster, but in the Hulk fight, stuns are the best defense. Keep the Hulks from triggering anger by unleashing your bigger attacks when they are stunned, and just keep working with match damage. If you are high 90's 3 stars, depending on covers Daredevil, Scarlet Witch, Spidey, etc. If you are still in 2 stars, Modern Mags/cStorm combo might be able to get you through with her 4 turn stun and his blue generation.
    Thanks - I went with SS, 2 stars BC and 2 stars Mags. Next time I'll try cStorm, the most difficult thing will be keeping her away from attacks. I don't know if she can face the greenflag.png attack from Rhulk icon_e_sad.gif
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Credit where credit is due this was a homerun!
      Fun non competitive PVE New Story Continued the unfinished previous story 4* release Play on your won time (21 days)
  • Devs, good job! You seem to have listened to the requests for more noncompetitive PVE, and this definitely counts! Thank you
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    You rocked me Amadeus

falco.jpg

Just a shame you have terrible abilities
  • SuperRecoome
    SuperRecoome Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Add me to the list of people who think this was a great event. I was disappointed with how hard it was to get a Ghost Rider (who happens to be my favorite marvel character and the one I wanted the most) This event was a good comeback from that though. Not too easy but not impossible. Galactus took me like 6 tries, but even from the first try I could see that it wasn't going to be impossible to do, just hard.
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    It was a really really fun event. Challenging yet not frustrating.

There is one thing that they should do different though. By the end of this event there will be a bunch of people with a single Awesome Hulk cover. It is great to have but really useless for now. Why not do a release where, with enough work, we can get one of each colored cover? It would make the new character more playable for us and at the same time it would make more money for you. Nobody is going to buy 4 more covers at the end of the event to have a 5/0/0 hulk. However if players have a 1/1/1 hulk at the end of the event there is a Really Good chance that many will pay the money for extra covers. You could do it as progression rewards were we have to grind for it. (The event is 20 days, plenty of time to grind for extra rewards.) Or just make the last node have one of each color cover in it so we have to play it over and over again for the extra colors. (and tons of 20 iso) To me that would be a win-win from both the players and bean-counters perspective.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    SangFroid wrote:
    Credit where credit is due this was a homerun!
      Fun non competitive PVE New Story Continued the unfinished previous story 4* release Play on your won time (21 days)

Exactly, really great event! Great work guys!

I would LOVE if all new 4s would be presented like that.
  • T-rom12
    T-rom12 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Count me in as one of the many admirers as well.

A lengthy, non-competitive event for guaranteed new character release will get my approval 100% of the time (not that my individual approval matters).

Even though I didn't care for his abilities, getting that one cover made sure I rostered him. I never won a Ghost Rider, so I can't roster him, but if GR was rolled out in the same fashion as Chulk, I would likely have dropped some cash to get HP for the roster slots (or play like crazy for 2 weeks before the cover expires to win 850 HP or whatever I'm up to now for a slot!). My obsessive compulsive collection habit makes sure I try to get every character, no matter the cost.

So I say, if I can get a guaranteed character, at my own reasonable pace, you have my attention and I will ensure I have the roster space for that character. Kudos!
  • eShock
    eShock Posts: 42
    Totally agree! Big props demiurge, thanks!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I always thought that there should be much more of this type of introduction to new characters. I didn't use him much in the first pass but as I play through again i'll play around with his abilities and see what he's all about. they really need more of this for new releases - the more the better. thanks to all involved. very enjoyable and while not easy, not exceedingly hard either. gotta go get those cp now lol. have plenty of time to do it.
  • Trin
    Trin Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I agree - this was a great event, and I'd love to see more like it.
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Yes. The event was great. Don't like how the story was changed, but the difficulty was tricky without being insane. Totally Awful Hulk on the other hand...
  • Good idea for an event, but I burn my health packs to dust, I'm getting green because of my anger icon_lol.gif
  • Love this event. Really well done in terms of variety, challenge level, etc. Would love to see more like this!

-GK