Heart of darkness point Messup. Give LT token at 52K

Comments

• John Wayne74
    John Wayne74 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    I might be overstepping here but,

This post was originated by a soft capper who is complaining about it being too hard to obtain a legendary token in the very format that they maintain a soft capped roster for????

Furthermore it is validated by those who believe that it should be able to be obtained by simply hitting refreshes with no grinding nessecary. Really????

I have a not even close to a soft capped roster and I do grind and I had not one single issue with obtaining said token or for that matter breaking 100k.

If you chose to forge a complaint toward the developers of this game, I would advise you to make it a legitimate complaint. ISO shortage, or the likes would be more relevant than simply expecting something for virtually nothing put forth.

Side note: Why soft cap if not grinding? Makes no sense!
  • JamesV
    JamesV Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Furthermore it is validated by those who believe that it should be able to be obtained by simply hitting refreshes with no grinding nessecary. Really????

Progression should be achievable just by doing refreshes without grinding. Every PVE in the game is set up that way (including the alliance events and solo events (Gauntlet, Deadpool Daily, Growth Industry). You hit your refreshes, you complete them, you earn your progression rewards. Technically that is also the underlying heart of the PVP structure as well. Grinding nodes is strictly a way to separate people for placement and give people extra rewards.

Literally every other event in the game has trained users that if you play based on the timers in the game you will achieve reward X, but this one. So there is validation in the sense that if you are just playing for progression -- and just playing based on the rules established by the game -- you should have achieved progression.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker

This post was originated by a soft capper who is complaining about it being too hard to obtain a legendary token in the very format that they maintain a soft capped roster for????

I have a not even close to a soft capped roster and I do grind and I had not one single issue with obtaining said token or for that matter breaking 100k.

If you chose to forge a complaint toward the developers of this game, I would advise you to make it a legitimate complaint. ISO shortage, or the likes would be more relevant than simply expecting something for virtually nothing put forth.

Yes, you are overstepping. You, like many others, are not grasping what the actual complaint is.

The complaint is not that we have to reach a lot of points. The complaint is that the ONLY way to reach those points is by grinding nodes down, when EVERY PREVIOUS PVE EVENT has not required that. Some people do not play to grind and hit the top ranks, they just play for progression. Hit the end of progression, move on with life. And previously, all you had to do for that was do 3 full clears of each sub.

So we did 3 clears of sub one. Low points, but we knew it would increase. We did 3 clears of sub two. Got nearly twice as many points per clear as in sub one. So we just KNEW that, just like every previous event, the final sub would give out enough points to make it worthwhile, which is good, because we were still about 30-35k points away.

Final sub comes in. It's worth about as much as sub 2. This is confusing. And also infuriating.

The argument isn't even necessarily that we have to grind. The argument is that they changed the rules without letting anyone know. We expected the pattern to continue. Trust me, if we had known in advance that there wouldn't be good points in the final sub, we would have tried to grind more. But we didn't know, because there was no info. We expected that the established pattern that worked for other pve events would work for this one. And we screwed ourselves.

It's funny that we keep asking for new content, and whenever it comes out, they show us we need to stop asking.
  • John Wayne74
    John Wayne74 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Arguement is still not made on your part. If you did 3 full refresh clears on subs 1 & 2 as you are stating then it was still possible to get the token in the 3rd sub. The 3rd sub properly ground down was worth over 40k. 3 clears on both previous subs would have put you at 29k. So it was not impossible unless you sluffed one or both of the previous subs. And if so then you set yourself up for failure.
  • TheWerebison
    Arguement is still not made on your part. If you did 3 full refresh clears on subs 1 & 2 as you are stating then it was still possible to get the token in the 3rd sub. The 3rd sub properly ground down was worth over 40k. 3 clears on both previous subs would have put you at 29k. So it was not impossible unless you sluffed one or both of the previous subs. And if so then you set yourself up for failure.

Well, if that's the case, then I apologize for your lack of reading comprehension. Clearly the fact that they changed the rules for this pve event, substantiated by evidence gleaned from all pve events, does not prove my argument that they changed the rules for this pve event. I stand corrected.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    The. Argument. Is. Not. That. It. Was. Impossible.

I got the LT as part of the grinding I needed to get me a Ghost Rider. I know it's possible. everyone knows it's possible. People did it. It doesn't even matter that it was still possible even if you found out the progression rewards were set wrong after you cleared the first two subs.

The. Progression. Rewards. Were. Set. Wrong.

They were set wrong according to basic math. They were set wrong according to historical precedent. They were set almost exactly for a total that was more reasonable for a four day event, which some have said HoD was originally planned to be.

And one other thing. Three full clears a day is grinding. It's not T10 grinding, it's frequently not even T100 grinding, but depending on the event and the sub, it's playing 30-50 nodes a day on a somewhat strict schedule. It's playing the same nodes repeatedly to accumulate points. That's the very definition of grinding. So, as one of the people who you obliquely called out for "wanting to get the Legendary token without grinding', um, no.
  • TheWerebison
    For the record, I'm not expecting an LT, or any other form of compensation, from this unexpected change. I'm just very annoyed by it.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2015

MY MAIN POINT IS

STAGE 3 did not move up as much as STAGE 2 From STAGE 1

I never had a problem Ever reaching the LT in any other PVE, I usually make it by the first clear of stage 3 or last grind of stage 2.

point is

STAGE 3 Gave almost the same amount of points STAGE 2 did and they has NOT Been a single PVE in the last year that has done this. Every PVE the pts have move up between stages... simple point is i still say this was set for a 4 day event. Ice even said 4 days when it was first posted and then some reason they took it down to 3... Do i really expect a LT out of it . Nope do i really care anymore nope. Will i put more cash into this game.... nope (well that is until i see what they bring out in jan then maybe i give them the 50 im sitting on)

dont care if you overstep really not taking anything personal on this or trying to make it personal towards anyone else

Simple point

Stage 3 Gave same pts of stage 2 if i knew that i would of done more in stage 1

missed the token by 3k pts so i was close so very close AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If anyone disagrees show in proof where a single PVE has not gone up between stages .
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who needs community relations or anyone to check errors when you have a community that'd rather rabidly degrade and insult each other instead of simply not posting if you disagree. Like literally bringing up someones past posting history to try and invalidate an argument that is entirely unrelated is Mr.fantastic Levels of reach.

Bringing up placement has nothing to do with anything here. Some people will get placement but not earn an OBW.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    I played this PvE the same as I've played every other PvE I (comfortably) hit the LT on. I missed it on this one by 3500 (63,510/258th).

While anecdotal, this tells me the progressions were a little too high.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards

So we did 3 clears of sub one. Low points, but we knew it would increase. We did 3 clears of sub two. Got nearly twice as many points per clear as in sub one. So we just KNEW that, just like every previous event, the final sub would give out enough points to make it worthwhile, which is good, because we were still about 30-35k points away.

Final sub comes in. It's worth about as much as sub 2. This is confusing. And also infuriating.

The argument isn't even necessarily that we have to grind. The argument is that they changed the rules without letting anyone know. We expected the pattern to continue. Trust me, if we had known in advance that there wouldn't be good points in the final sub, we would have tried to grind more. But we didn't know, because there was no info. We expected that the established pattern that worked for other pve events would work for this one. And we screwed ourselves.
    I bolded and italicized the problems with this argument.
    You obviously did not KNOW... you assumed.
    They did not change the rules... as they gave you no rules. If you have found official RedName rules posted somewhere, please provide the link.
    There is not a single PVE that is exactly identical to another.
    There are similarities in PVE progression between events, but also disparities.
    The community begged for a progression that was BEYOND the normal max progression for those who enjoy grinding. They gave us that in the form of LT. Now everyone conveniently forgets that it is BEYOND the normal previous max progression and is not and should not be obtainable by the average minimal effort player.
    We can see this because where previously we expected top 100 players to typically have to achieve 2 to 3 times old max progression to place well individually as well as within a Top 100 alliance. Now, very few can double the new max progression.
    The sense of entitlement here is infuriating, thus the high numbers of people with very little sympathy for the plight of the minimalists expecting maximum reward.

I saw 67K and was worried it would not be very easy at all. Whenever the LT progression is high, I personally grind as many points out of first few subs instead of relying on last day sub, as there is no guarantee (and no rules) that the points will increase, or that real life won't interfere.

As a side note... aren't there 4 clears per sub? The initial, then 8 hours, then 8 hours, then right before that sub ends? Then the first clear of next sub. I have never considered the final clear (even though it's technically not at the 8 hour mark) to qualify as a grind. It's the final clear of the sub.

On this event, I only cleared Sub 1, 3 times... missed final clear/grind of sub 1. I did 3 clears of sub 2, and casually ground the nodes i thought were fun in sub 2 for the last 2.5 hours. I did 3 clears on sub 3 and with 1 hour left did my 4th clear and selected nodes to the end. Ended with 75K. I only did 3.5 hours of extra play time aside from the "minimum" play others expected over the course of 3 days. If I only wanted to hit progression, I didn't need that last hour of grinding in sub 3.
  • TheWerebison
    edited November 2015
    I give up. If you're a person who is used to grinding endlessly for placement rewards, then of course you don't see how the people who just go for progression every pve do things. I've got a job and a family and am lucky if I can do those 3 clears every sub to get a reward that will actually progress my game. I also don't spend money, so I guess I can't really complain, as I'm not one of the important people to the game.

Anyway, glad you got what you wanted, at least. Good to see some people enjoyed it.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I do think something was off on the progression rewards. If they meant to really crank up the LT threshold on events going forward, you would think that Meet Rocket and Groot would also be elevated. It is still 44K for a 4 day event the same as it was the last time it was run.

Now the points on the various subs may not match between two events but that is pretty big even with survival nodes.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Side note - anyone know why "entitled" isn't in the word filter? It's way more offensive than all the vulgars and swears that get autoreplaced by "tinykitty".
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    I guess you could say this event was a...

"Dark design"
    icon_cool.gif
  • slidecage
    All i really want to know is Why stage 3 did not move up from stage 2.

i have NEVER seen a later nod give less or the same amount of pts.

hopefully ice can clear this up this week
  • Razamataz
    Razamataz Posts: 59 Match Maker
    To be fair even tho on sub 1 due to something happening I only done 2 hits on nodes so missed a 3rd clear plus grind and still got 72k points total, yet still wasn't enough to get ghost rider ended 109th so yes was very doable if doing 3 full hits and grinding after,legendary tokens are supposed to be harder to earn as they are for a guaranteed 4 or hopefully 5star
  • slidecage
    so far have no heard back from them hopefully by friday
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:

well.. considering all 20 in my alliance got the token.. and pretty much all the t100 alliances would be near the same, or at min 15 people.. that is over 1500 tokens per slice, if you count the other few thousand who got the token, but not T100 alliance reward. you are probably looking at around 3000 tokens per slice handed out, most likely more.
    Pretty sure there won't be any type of comp with that type of scoring in this event.

Heck, 90k didn't even get me t20 icon_e_sad.gif
  • Bryan Lambert
    Malcrof wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

well.. considering all 20 in my alliance got the token.. and pretty much all the t100 alliances would be near the same, or at min 15 people.. that is over 1500 tokens per slice, if you count the other few thousand who got the token, but not T100 alliance reward. you are probably looking at around 3000 tokens per slice handed out, most likely more.
    Pretty sure there won't be any type of comp with that type of scoring in this event.

Heck, 90k didn't even get me t20 icon_e_sad.gif

Progression awards aren't based on numbers or percentages. It's not the first X people to pass the score total, it's everyone who does, no matter how many.

And even if they were, without knowing how many Legendaries are given out through normal progression in a "normal" PVE event without jacked up progression thresholds, your numbers are completely meaningless.