Heart of darkness point Messup. Give LT token at 52K

Comments

• ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    i'm really not sure where you're getting your math from, but i got 19k from the first sub, second sub's looking at about 30, which means last sub with optimal clears means i'll only need 18k to get the L-Token, that's very doable and will probably get it on my second clear. Be glad you didn't have to be around for the days when the progressives weren't actually obtainable and you only had 5 health packs with 3 hour refreshes.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Why is it like.....people's goal in life.....to come into threads on here.....that have NOTHING to do with them.....and belittle other human beings?

How fulfilling can that POSSIBLY be? lol.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    i'm really not sure where you're getting your math from, but i got 19k from the first sub, second sub's looking at about 30, which means last sub with optimal clears means i'll only need 18k to get the L-Token, that's very doable and will probably get it on my second clear. Be glad you didn't have to be around for the days when the progressives weren't actually obtainable and you only had 5 health packs with 3 hour refreshes.

The math is three clears per sub, no final grind-down. The issue isn't whether it's attainable, the issue is whether it's attainable the way the rest have been, and if not, was it a mistake?
  • I'm going to get it either way, but I agree. It's super **** to not post the details of an event and then all of a sudden make the LT 25% harder to get without letting people know.

If it were some other PvE that was running again and all of a sudden the final progression required more point than last time - great, we can plan ahead and adjust accordingly. But in a new event where every previous event has worked out to 3 full clears/day (or close to that anyway) people have no way of knowing of the additional time commitment and will fall short.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just got the LT in the middle of the second clear of sub 3. That's a bit later than usual for a 3 day event, but a bit earlier than I would expect it to be for a 4 day event. So they just made progression a bit harder, which makes sense seeing as it's a new character release. Everyone is playing for placement and average scores will be higher.
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler

The math is three clears per sub, no final grind-down. The issue isn't whether it's attainable, the issue is whether it's attainable the way the rest have been, and if not, was it a mistake?

And if not a mistake, couldnt we at least have been informed about the increase in effort required before we find out in the last sub? Every other LT I've gotten was easily obtained with 3 clears/sub so forgive me for thinking I would get one this time also...
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Daiches wrote:
    Everyone is playing for placement and average scores will be higher.

Not everyone plays for placement. On these events featuring a new character, I know that it will take some serious grinding to get the top 100. So, instead, I just played how I normally do, just planning to get the LT. After doing at least 3 clears for the first 2 subs and almost 2 clears of the last sub, I'm still 20k away from the LT. And since that last sub is only worth 6.8k per clear, I probably won't make it. If I had known that would have been the case, I would have just done one clear per sub and gotten the CPs...
  • nic13
    nic13 Posts: 87
    Malcrof wrote:
    This is a new release event.. the LT is not going to be hard to get if you are going for t100... 60k going into sub 3 was not hard...and the entire t10 appear to have it already.. with almost a day left, that's just my bracket.. i hear others are scoring much higher..

also, this does belong in the events forum.. but, some nifty history lessons made it in, so .. let's see where it goes.

You made this argument during Enemy of the State too, only here the math is much, much clearer.

Of course 67K is possible with the insane amount of grinding needed for top 100. That's not the point. The point is, LT's consistently take X effort from PVP to PVP, and this legendary token takes literally an extra day's worth of grinding over the course of a three day event. Someone at Demiuge got their math wrong.

Forgive me but I wasn't tracking... did anyone actually confirm officially that it's *always* 3 clears needed?

Or are we just basing it off previous experience?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2015
    i have NEVER seen an PVE where the nodes did not increase in vaule

Daredevil stage 2 was 1500 pts
    Daredevil stage 3 was 1500 pts

right there is the problem

pm ice about it hopefuly they get back to me by end of week

also for the people who are coming in and going BLAH BLAH ITS SIMPLE TO GET IT MY TOP 10 has the pts

the MAIN POINT IS THIS

Sub 1 = 3362 points
    Sub 2 = 6300 points

My full clear of Sub 3 (no problems with final node, so optimal clear) gave me 6952 points.

show me one other PVE in the last 9 months that Has not moved up pts from stage to stage EVERY pve has increase in pts from stage to stage

stage 1 to 2 when up what 40+%
    stage 2 to 3 went up 10%

missed token by 5k o well
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I got my LT during grinding down the final sub, which is very unusual for me. Keep in mind, I played this rather unevenly. I only did 2 clears of the first sub, but ground (grounded?) most, if not all, nodes to under 100 pts (which is really rare for me). I barely ended up in the top 50. Second sub I got 3 clears but only a little grinding. Ended up in the top 100. Last sub, I got almost 3 full clears (skipped that last wave node once) and some grinding on the goon nodes.

I think this is possible, though not necessarily easy, if you're mainly a PvE player. It's just requires more grinding than normal, which probably bad for those who just do bare minimum to get the LT.
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Maybe the lesson here is to NOT assume you can get a easy LT token from 3 clears/day in PvE.

D3 never made any promises about where the LT token would be for PvE progression it's up to them where they want to set that bar because it's a guaranteed 4* token.

And perhaps instead of coming to the forums with your ranting and whining, maybe you should have played a bit more to get that LT.
  • slidecage
    moogles85 wrote:
    Maybe the lesson here is to NOT assume you can get a easy LT token from 3 clears/day in PvE.

D3 never made any promises about where the LT token would be for PvE progression it's up to them where they want to set that bar because it's a guaranteed 4* token.

And perhaps instead of coming to the forums with your ranting and whining, maybe you should have played a bit more to get that LT.

like i said Show me one PVE where a nod stayed the same from stage 2 to 3 Simple as that... Cant now can you

Point isnt where the LT pt was .... POINT is the points did not move up simple as that
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    moogles85 wrote:

Nope, assuming this is intentional, the lesson is that you should communicate with your customers if you your goal isnt to make them unhappy. It really isnt all that hard.

Sure, you would have some complaining if you went to the forum and said that the LTs would be harder to get but not as much as when people feel cheated out of something.
  • don't see issue in 67k LT. I have 73k now and gonna grind upto 90k. Many players in our ally got LT on first wave of day-3.
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Having just got it I've definitely seen far worse pve's in terms of trying to get the LT.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    Sherlock1 wrote:

Well, you re right, Slidecage, they must give everyone a LT, and if they don't....you quit the game and the forum! icon_e_smile.gif

only if they include a pony with a big bow on its head.. icon_e_smile.gif

What are you going to do with this pony...?

Anyways, I managed to reach the LT. It was not easy..

First sub 12,000: I fell asleep trying to grind!
    Second sub 27,000: I could have hit for more points but I figured I could easily do 27k again and went to sleep
    Third sub 28,000: This is possibly the hardest sub in any of the events, especially the last survivor. I did not think I would reach the LT, but I did, without doing the last survivor more than once.

I barely earned T150 for the event.

It's possible. While I agree the devs set the LT too high, it's a new event for a new character so it's no surprise.

If you spent the same amount of time playing as you do on the forums, you would reach it. There's no point in complaining, the devs have given us less and less "gifts" lately.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I reached LT progression at the beginning of sub 3, and I'm t2 overall. Usually I reach LT at the end of sub 2 in a 3 sub event. D3 probably should have offered a tad more points in sub 1. That said, the survivals in sub 3 do offer plenty of points. The DD essential is a cupcake b/c there is no Hood. The Ghost Rider Awakens node can be beat if you have a max Lcap, KK, Hood.

Honestly speaking, I found the last heroic pve event to be harder. I have not bought a single heal pack for this current pve, and that wasn't the case with the last event.
  • Cunneryn
    Cunneryn Posts: 112
    I don't uderstand this event at all: I did 5 full clears on each subs + a few grind near the end in the first 2 subs and I'm not even sure I'll get the legedary with that amont of work in the last sub.

I mean yes I got obliterated in the last node (not even able to beat kill one character in the first wave) so 5900 is the amount of points rewarded to each full clear, with is less that the last sub.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Thought the points seemed high. Just barely made legendary, finished top 50. Usually new release just making legendary won't even get top 100. I'll take it, though.
  • slidecage
    Thought the points seemed high. Just barely made legendary, finished top 50. Usually new release just making legendary won't even get top 100. I'll take it, though.

you must got a very easy bracket or something. 67k will not even take top 150 in mine