Heart of darkness point Messup. Give LT token at 52K

slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Edit this cause it shown the pts are messed up..

Personally i think they should give everyone a LT due to the fact many was looking at

10k 20k 40 k would get them the token

now with an insane final node and no bump in pts there is no way to score 40K in the last nod...

waste of 2 days of playing for nthing

Comments

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just because something happened in an old event, does it mean it will happen in new events.

Also, no need to make new threads when you already posted in the official event thread. Maybe try getting a blog or something.
  • slidecage
    scottee wrote:
    Just because something happened in an old event, does it mean it will happen in new events.

Also, no need to make new threads when you already posted in the official event thread. Maybe try getting a blog or something.

ummm when pts jump in other nodes by % you would expect all nodes to jump the same.. Pretty sure daredevil was 1500 pts starting in stage 2 and it was 1500 pts in stage 3. when people are trying to push for the LT its pretty lame for the company to pull something like this
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    scottee wrote:

Agree that there is no reason to start a new thread, but weren't people worried about the low points and high final progression and told to cram it with walnuts because previous events always had oodles of points in the last sub?
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Don't know if a new thread is needed in General or not, but I'd certainly like to hear from Demiurge about the point math for Hearts of Darkness.

If my math in the event thread is right, three full clears of three subs gives just under 75% of the points needed for the Legendary. Which is a marked difference from previous events where three full clears per sub is more than enough to get there. For example, last PvE, I hit the Legendary after two clears of the final sub, and I didn't even hit the repeatable main event nodes like I usually do.

It's almost like they set the totals for a four-day event with a two-day middle sub.
  • slidecage
    I wonder if the pts were set was not set for a 4 day event since when the first was first posted they said it was a 4 day event..and then the insane last nod what many will not be able to clear many will not make the final

Still though still waiting for someone to answer me wasnt Daredevil nod 1500 in the 2nd stage as well
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I definitely think that the LT progression points were calibrated for a four sub, four day event.

I've played once through the last sub and still am 22k short.

I may be able to pull it off, but having to overgrind on a holiday weekend was definitely not cool.
  • slidecage
    from another topic

Bryan Lambert wrote:
    Can anyone check my math?

According to the thread

Sub 1 = 3362 points
    Sub 2 = 6300 points

My full clear of Sub 3 (no problems with final node, so optimal clear) gave me 6952 points.

So, Sub 1 is worth 10086, Sub 2 is worth 18,900, and Sub 3 will give 20856, for a total of 49842.

Unless I've missed something, three full clears of all three subs will give you about 75% of the points you need for a Legendary progression, which is madness. It's like they calibrated the progression for a four-day run, changed it to three at the last minute, and didn't adjust the numbers.

so from 1 to 2 it went up almost 50%
    from 2 to 3 it did not even go up 10%

they should just give everyone the LT
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    from another topic

Bryan Lambert wrote:

According to the thread

Sub 1 = 3362 points
    Sub 2 = 6300 points

My full clear of Sub 3 (no problems with final node, so optimal clear) gave me 6952 points.

So, Sub 1 is worth 10086, Sub 2 is worth 18,900, and Sub 3 will give 20856, for a total of 49842.

Unless I've missed something, three full clears of all three subs will give you about 75% of the points you need for a Legendary progression, which is madness. It's like they calibrated the progression for a four-day run, changed it to three at the last minute, and didn't adjust the numbers.

If you extend the math with sub 2 @48 hours you'd have another 19k, bringing your full refresh only total to 68k
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess most posters weren't around in the days when they regularly kept readjusting the top progression award up and down. They'd make it harder, then make it easier, then make it harder.

Yes it looks like they set it too high. That doesn't mean the solution is to give everyone the top progression. It's not owed to you.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I'm also around 20k+ away after one clear of the last sub despite having cleared the other subs at least 3 times each (some got hit a few more at the end). I'm barely in the top 200 overall, though, so others must be really grinding this event. But the points needed for a LY definitely seem higher than in past events.
  • Sherlock1
    Sherlock1 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    slidecage wrote:
    from another topic

Bryan Lambert wrote:

According to the thread

Sub 1 = 3362 points
    Sub 2 = 6300 points

Well, you re right, Slidecage, they must give everyone a LT, and if they don't....you quit the game and the forum! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Simply retool the progression rewards at 75% of their current value. That should be accurate to reflect going from 4 days to 3. That would put the Legendary token at 51000 points.
  • slidecage
    Sherlock1 wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    from another topic

Bryan Lambert wrote:

According to the thread

Sub 1 = 3362 points
    Sub 2 = 6300 points

Well, you re right, Slidecage, they must give everyone a LT, and if they don't....you quit the game and the forum! icon_e_smile.gif

only if they include a pony with a big bow on its head.. icon_e_smile.gif

really though those who were playing saying Well all i have to get is around

stage 1 10k
    stage 2 20K
    stage 3 40k

due to the bumps now will not make it

first stage i did 14k what was fine
    2nd stage i did 26 K what was fine and was thinking another bump would put
    3rd stage at 52k or at least 45k if i didnt do a final grind

85 to 90K would made token easy now its

14 + 26 = 40 + 20 k (last node a pain) 60k meaning no token so mostly wasted 3 days for nothing
  • Noob question here, I guess; do your calculations take into account the fact that as we close on the end of the event, point values increase? Also, I have about 38k points and that does not include a full clear on the first sub. I also only played the 2nd sub twice only fully clearing it on the 2nd refresh.

The way I see it, is that doing the minimum (three full refreshes and clears per sub) is not going to net you full progression. Unfortunately, for you, you're gonna have to grind out the last sub and rake in those points. And to me, that is fine. Otherwise, why would it be called Legendary if everyone had one?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a new release event.. the LT is not going to be hard to get if you are going for t100... 60k going into sub 3 was not hard...and the entire t10 appear to have it already.. with almost a day left, that's just my bracket.. i hear others are scoring much higher..

also, this does belong in the events forum.. but, some nifty history lessons made it in, so .. let's see where it goes.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    At least I've gotten all four command points so far, then.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    This is a new release event.. the LT is not going to be hard to get if you are going for t100... 60k going into sub 3 was not hard...and the entire t10 appear to have it already.. with almost a day left, that's just my bracket.. i hear others are scoring much higher..

also, this does belong in the events forum.. but, some nifty history lessons made it in, so .. let's see where it goes.

Depends on your bracket. Mine opened a few hours after the event started and #1 is just shy of 56k. I'm in 4th place with 47k, about half way through my 2nd clear of the last sub. Doing the math, I'm just barely going to get the LT before the event ends. I did 4 clears per sub.

Previous events, I could skip the entire first day of the event and still get the LT.
  • I usually get my LT during the first clear on the last day of an event, but this time after my second clear, only the top 7 in my bracket had reached the 67k required.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    I'm easy to please and only care about my free 3 tokens.

But yeah, EVERYONE SHOULD GET A LT

Even lazy thors like me icon_cool.gif
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Malcrof wrote:

You made this argument during Enemy of the State too, only here the math is much, much clearer.

Of course 67K is possible with the insane amount of grinding needed for top 100. That's not the point. The point is, LT's consistently take X effort from PVP to PVP, and this legendary token takes literally an extra day's worth of grinding over the course of a three day event. Someone at Demiuge got their math wrong.