powers incorrectly handling "strongest color" [merged]

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    *bump* Upvote the OP so this turns green
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    During the galactus event I have been pairing ProfX, grey suit BW, and hulk. When in the match against Galactus himself the Masterstrike power reads that the AP generated will be purple. There have been multiple matches where I have made 5-matches but no AP was generated. As you can see below, I started with 2 AP, made the identified purple match five, and only receive 5 pink AP.

Before:
    7fcQPJH.png?2

After:
    npkUHBD.png?1
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2016
    With Galactus, this bug is causing even more problems.

I'm using Hulk/BWGS/PX for round 8 (as most people are). Hulk and BW both have their strongest color do 83. BW is in the middle, so PX should produce purple (as it says when you click on his power). But half the time he produces green instead. You can't afford this kind of bug when you're trying to beat a level 400 Galactus.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    The devs' concern over this broken game mechanic is evidenced in this 2+ month old thread that still doesn't have even a token red-type response...

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=9&t=35970
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    The devs' concern over this broken game mechanic is evidenced in this 2+ month old thread that still doesn't have even a token red-type response...

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=9&t=35970

Yeah, I just bumped it too so we can have both of them up here.
  • _Vitto
    _Vitto Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Thread title should be changed. This bug is affecting every ability involving "strongest color" choice/generation, not only cyke's. Thus, it is even more critical and urgent to be taken care of.
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    OJSP wrote:
    From your second screenshot I looked like Mastermind was creating 4 greentile.png instead. Which is the problem so far if there's a tied situation. I suspect both Purple and Green were at the same value, Purple was GSBW's strongest colour and Green was Hulk's. In this case, Mastermind will randomly produce one or the other, despite the description on the power said Purple.

Argh, you are correct. Just checked it out by playing another event and that is exactly what happened.
  • simonsez
    _Vitto wrote:
    Thread title should be changed. This bug is affecting every ability involving "strongest color" choice/generation, not only cyke's. Thus, it is even more critical and urgent to be taken care of.
    But then a mod will merge them all into one thread, and it'll seem like less a problem.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    _Vitto wrote:
    But then a mod will merge them all into one thread, and it'll seem like less a problem.
    How about if I merge them, but also make it sticky until we get some official word on this?
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    _Vitto wrote:
    How about if I merge them, but also make it sticky until we get some official word on this?

Sticky is good. This is definitely a problem, and the problem is definitely with the "strongest color" - I'm running GSBW, Hulk, and PX for Galactus. If I put GSBW in the middle, it's 50/50 whether or not PX generates purple on a match-5.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Running GSBW, Hulk, and PX for Galactus and seeing the same thing. Sometimes it generates green, sometimes purple. Haven't noticed a pattern yet.
  • Dayv
    Unstickied, I made this look a little too much like an official statement on the issue.

However, this is being brought up to Demiurge's attention again. Any definitive examples (especially with screenshots) of other powers handling strongest color unpredictably are a great way to bump this thread.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    mags1587 wrote:
    Running GSBW, Hulk, and PX for Galactus and seeing the same thing. Sometimes it generates green, sometimes purple. Haven't noticed a pattern yet.

Yeah, I've been running the same team and watching it closely. As far as I can tell it's completely random.
  • EDL666
    EDL666 Posts: 73
    I know you guys know about this bug, but just wanting to give some more input about this. Against Galactus Black Panther's Black power says it will give him blue AP but it really gives him black AP. That's a pretty big deal. It makes sense that black AP is the strongest one, but still, it says blue. Repro is very easy right now.
  • Dayv
    Merging this thread with the One Big Thread for this issue.
  • Dayv
    I'm not merging the two threads, but this problem report looks another instance of the issue reported in this thread.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Uncanny Strategist doesn't seem to be working correctly, at least in the EotS nodes. I'll make a TU match, the message will appear, but no Red (which is my strongest color) AP is appearing. It's happening both in regular matches, as well as when TU tiles are matched in a cascade. VERY frustrating, as it's costing me health and ultimately node wins.
  • simonsez
    You're getting a different color. This is a bug the devs aren't inclined to comment on, much less fix.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    yep - I particularly like the way my ice and cyke line up. my ice is several levels ahead of my cyke and yellow produces green consistently because the top match numbers are different. I like it so much that I may sell a cyke cover to keep it this way. when he's with jean he produces purple too. I can get enough red via his blue, but getting ice to 12 green is sometimes hard without help and that helps a ton. however you'd like to use cyke, its best to have your strongest color set firm and not in a tie. if its tied, rng will decide what color you get.
  • roro1
    roro1 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    On my first turn of a match I just had a made two five matches in a row. This should have yielded professor X's passive blue twice to generate 4 ap in the teams strongest color. Which in this case was red. It did the hit damage for both five matches, but only generated the 4 ap for the first 5 match. It did not yield 4 more ap for the second match 5.

Images available below.

http://imgur.com/a/LWzEv