This gauntlet and 5* cover scaling

124»

Comments

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Was able to beat gauntlet and complete my prof X. Towards the end, sim 38 on I used boosted daken/prof X/ and a somewhat undercovered 4pool. I have oml and ss with both one cover and I did use them as the 3rd with prof X and laken. Once invisible, prof just boosted the strike tiles and I was doing 5-7k match damage at the end. It was not a breeze. If I didn't get a favorable board, I'd wipe but heal up and try again, knowing the strategy was sound. I think people expect to be able to get through the gauntlet without wiping out more than 5 or more times on a node and just give up or rage quit.
  • I'm dealing with level 395 on Sim 41. I have a one cover Surfer and OML each. It's tough, but not sure if having those two have hurt me or not. Any advice on how to handle the last two nodes of The Gauntlet? I'm mainly in 3 land with fully covered Xforce and Thoress. I have one super whale left.
  • ragnarady
    ragnarady Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Clamoe100 wrote:
    I'm dealing with level 395 on Sim 41. I have a one cover Surfer and OML each. It's tough, but not sure if having those two have hurt me or not. Any advice on how to handle the last two nodes of The Gauntlet? I'm mainly in 3 land with fully covered Xforce and Thoress. I have one super whale left.

41 ( icon_professorx.pngicon_daken.pngicon_x23.png ) - cleared with [ icon_deadpool.png / icon_scarletwitch.png / icon_lukecage.png ], all color boosts, purple/blue boosts. I was going to whale them, but my Deadpool jumped right in front of Chemical Reaction. Kill PX -> Daken -> X23, SW stun is a key.

42 ( icon_thor.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_wolverine.png) - cleared with [ icon_captainamerica.png / icon_hood.png / star.pngstar.pngicon_magneto.png ], red/yellow boost, all color boost. MNM's purpletile.png -> redtile.png and bluetile.png combos -> cascades -> unstoppable shields showdown, use Hood's blacktile.png every time you need your bluetile.png and redtile.png ap back RIGHT NOW. Kill Deadpool -> XFW -> Thoress.

It's going to be tough, but they're still doable.
  • Thanks! I actually got them with other teams before I saw your note. I don't even remember what worked best, but I know Lcap, Loki, Hood took out at least one. Now I'm working on the essentials. Those are tough too. I'll post some questions if I get stuck. Thanks again!
  • This Gauntlet was definitely harder than last time. I got about 9 nodes at 395. And more nodes turned to 395 afterwards. I have a OML at 260 and two 4* @ 200. I had to use 3 super whales, and last time didn't need to use any.

PvE is getting harder in general. Node levels still increase even when I barely survive. Grinding is no longer becoming an option as the top 6 nodes become a coin toss unpassable even with my best/boosted teams.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, preview time for the next run:

Infinity_Gauntlet.PNG
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    ragnarady wrote:
    Starting to get a feeling I might not manage to complete this one. The boosted characters don't generally hit hard enough for this gauntlet. Mystique has been my nuke but she's squishy, and she no longer one-hit kills people. Plus her nuke is damned expensive and only hits one person.

I feel your pain, but I think you should keep trying. Mine 0/0/2 SS messes with my scaling too (and my only strong 4* is 5/4/2 XFW @135), but it's still not just unfair as Galactus-1 was (though, sometimes I want to tinykitty tinikitty the whole Marvel universe).

I managed it ;.;
    The final node on the line was tough with the boosted characters, but I did the suggested combo of Steve, She Hulk and Hood and barely lost any health. Hood speeding up the shield return was really helpful and the constant AP steal was almost unfair.
    Took a while but by the time I got to Thor I had so much blue that she was just stunned constantly.

Then I whaled a few of the required nodes and beat the Deadpool required one with Khan and Beast. My characters were nearly dead, but the healing from Khan and Beast had them at over half health from boosted healing.
    Now my Prof is level 168 and somewhat usable.

This definitely scaled higher for me this time. Last time I didn't see any 395 nodes until after I'd completed it.