Shield Sim gone

13»

Comments

• lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    The customer service reply makes it seem like we should have expected this to happen, like it is something that has happened before in previous seasons, but I'm pretty sure, this is the first time something like this has happened outside of the introduction of time slices when Thor blue was the top 100 alliance reward for the season. Poor implementation of the time slices resulted in the season closing at the end of slice 4, instead of slice 5. When that happened, they extended the Thor blue cover to the next 30 alliances outside of the Top 100. I guess things have really changed and they've tightened their wallets, because the response seems like they're saying too bad, so sad.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Has there been a response to this yet that I've just somehow missed??
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hi all,

Demiurge are looking into this and have requested additional details to assist the investigation. If you can list your device, location/time zone, describe what occurred in depth, etc. that would be helpful.

We appreciate your taking the time to assist. Thanks!
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi all,

Demiurge are looking into this and have requested additional details to assist the investigation. If you can list your device, location/time zone, describe what occurred in depth, etc. that would be helpful.

I was playing my girlfriend's account while she slept. It was a iPhone 6 in EST zone. I just passed the 900 point mark and was going to try to hit 1k for her with around 30 minutes left before the event ended. When the glitch happened I was basically stuck with all of the battles I had. If I finished a battle (win or lose) or skipped one, then that node would go blank. Once all 5 nodes disappeared then it kicked me out of the shield sim and the event box was grayed out, and it couldn't be selected at all.
  • padei_panda
    padei_panda Posts: 55 Match Maker
    mindsuckr wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi all,

I was playing my girlfriend's account while she slept. It was a iPhone 6 in EST zone. I just passed the 900 point mark and was going to try to hit 1k for her with around 30 minutes left before the event ended. When the glitch happened I was basically stuck with all of the battles I had. If I finished a battle (win or lose) or skipped one, then that node would go blank. Once all 5 nodes disappeared then it kicked me out of the shield sim and the event box was grayed out, and it couldn't be selected at all.

Same as what mindsuckr described, except I was at 1900 points. I am in Sydney Australia, so EST+10. The time it happened was 18:30 (SYD time) so about 30 mins to go until event ends. If I had known this issue, I would have played out the 5 nodes instead of skipping...
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi all,

iPhones 6s iOS 9.1

United States eastern time zone

Playing Shield Sim and decided to skip a match and the node disappeared. Click on another one and skipped and the same happened. Ended up happening on all 5 nodes. I backed out of the Sheild Sim and the whole event was grey and I couldn't play it at all. I ended up not being able to get back up to the next ranking because I had no matches to play.

Thankfully I had already gotten to 2000.
  • Deimos12
    Iphone 6 plus iOS 9.1
    November 15 around 11 pm MST
    Same as above was hitting nodes in simulator and no new ones would show up. This happened with me around the 1500 point mark
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moved to Bugs and Tech Issues, shadow topic left
  • statnut
    statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Iphone 6 plus, IOS 9.1, around 11 central time. Choosing to skip a match would close out that node. Played one match and when it was done, that node was gone as well.
  • Realstuff_NameChange
    Realstuff_NameChange Posts: 64 Match Maker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi all,

Steam, Japan.

With around an hour left in the season, when I skipped or defeated opponents in the shield sim, the skipped/defeated node would disappear leaving me only 2 nodes, then 1, then 0. When I exited the SIM with only 1 node left hoping it would repopulate on reentering or on restarting the game it then locked me out of entering the sim at all, greyed it out and wouldn't let me in, which left me a couple of games shy of the season score I was aiming for.

Originally posted with screenshot here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=35540&p=445570#p445564
  • Deimos12
    So is anything happening with this still? Or is it just going to be left here unanswered and buried again because the mods decided to move it to a subforum with little traffic?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do you think traffic is going to make it more likely that compensation will be handed out?
  • padei_panda
    I hope they give us an answer so I have closure on the matter.

I would have loved to get the 4* Cyclops and am still holding on to some hope that they will understand and award it to me.

It just sucks that when I miss the last 30mins of a PVE event, I end up losing my ranking when others spam multiple last minute attacks. And now that I do play the last 30mins of a PVP event, I get locked out... terrible irony...

Truth is, I would have achieved 2000 points earlier but seriously, for 3 matches, the cascade God was not happy with me and delivered the AI so many 5-matches that I had no chance to win. That's a swing of 120 points right there! I was annoyed so decided to put up shield for 30mins to let the bad air past. Then this happened... just not my day...
  • Deimos12
    Do you think traffic is going to make it more likely that compensation will be handed out?

Yes? Either way I'd just like to know. Either "this was a bug here's the usual token or a handful of HP" or "you're not getting anything everything is working as intended"
  • Deimos12
    Any response on this what so ever???
  • padei_panda
    Still no news...

We don't know even if they are looking at it or not.
  • Deimos12
    Exactly why I didn't wanted it moved out of general discussion as that seems to be the only sub that gets any traction. Thanks Malcrof for keeping our subs "clean" icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deimos12 wrote:
    Exactly why I didn't wanted it moved out of general discussion as that seems to be the only sub that gets any traction. Thanks Malcrof for keeping our subs "clean" icon_rolleyes.gif
    Trust me, devs do read this subforum. If you're looking for compensation on this issue you could open a customer support ticket, but you're unlikely to get much for something that probably affected most of the player base. Still, it can't hurt to make your case.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    Trust me, devs do read this subforum. If you're looking for compensation on this issue you could open a customer support ticket, but you're unlikely to get much for something that probably affected most of the player base. Still, it can't hurt to make your case.

I think since David did respond in here asking people to post more details, that it wouldn't be a bad idea for him to update people on the current status, since people have responded, and no one has spoken up if they have had any resolution or updates.
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi all,