Shield Sim gone

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now sure where everyone was at pointwise in S-Sim... my nodes didn't start disappearing until there was no-one left above me un-shielded.

Each time i won a fight i had queued.. the nodes just went away.. every single person above me in score was shielded.. when i finished my final node, which was a retal.. i tried the same thing..

a restart..

nothing

10 minutes later, a hit came in!

i now had 1 node.. a retal node, cleared it, and they were all gone again. Basically, it could not find me a fight!

So.. i fixed it.

Another hit came around 9:50 pm for 73pts.. so i retreated on the retal node (the only node i had). This lost me 70 points.. BUT, put me below 1900.. suddenly, all my nodes were back! Hit them all, but they all disappeared again...

So fairly certain they went poof simply because there were no fights available for me.. as everyone had shielded our their last however many hours... so i left myself unshielded, hoping to be hit, so i can retal.. just wanted to farm iso..
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now I know how it is I went to sleep in 45th and didn't drop out of top50.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Now sure where everyone was at pointwise in S-Sim... my nodes didn't start disappearing until there was no-one left above me un-shielded.

Each time i won a fight i had queued.. the nodes just went away.. every single person above me in score was shielded.. when i finished my final node, which was a retal.. i tried the same thing..

a restart..

nothing

10 minutes later, a hit came in!

i now had 1 node.. a retal node, cleared it, and they were all gone again. Basically, it could not find me a fight!

So.. i fixed it.

Another hit came around 9:50 pm for 73pts.. so i retreated on the retal node (the only node i had). This lost me 70 points.. BUT, put me below 1900.. suddenly, all my nodes were back! Hit them all, but they all disappeared again...

So fairly certain they went poof simply because there were no fights available for me.. as everyone had shielded our their last however many hours... so i left myself unshielded, hoping to be hit, so i can retal.. just wanted to farm iso..

I don't think this is the case. I was playing my GFs account last night when this hit and she was only around 900 points when the bug hit her. There were still PLENTY of targets for her to hit unless about 500 or more people decided to shield all at once.
  • statnut
    statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Missed on a Top 50 season finish (so the difference of 5 Heroic covers) because of it. Of course, given that 4 of my 5 covers were three stars that were covered, it may not have made a difference icon_lol.gif
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had some weirdness in "The Hunt" on the main screen - one of the nodes I definitely cleared came back for no points (the point award was simply not there, but the fight was "available,") and the node above it was just an empty pin - again, I had cleared it before, but it should show the circle with the check.

I didn't try the fight I had available, and I don't have my tablet anymore (it's in for repairs,) so I can't make a screenshot. It sounds similar - I wonder if it's related.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    No official acknowledgement of this phenomena, why am I not surprised
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    No official acknowledgement of this phenomena, why am I not surprised

Is there another con going on somewhere or perhaps a holiday we aren't aware of?
  • simonsez
    madok wrote:
    Is there another con going on somewhere or perhaps a holiday we aren't aware of?
    Are you seriously telling me that you didn't know that today was Have a Party With Your Bear Day?

http://www.cute-calendar.com/event/have-a-party-with-your-bear-day/16618.html
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Daiches wrote:
    san-mpq wrote:
    it's happened before to me in events. just restart the app, and it usually goes away. it's a fairly common glitch.

Quite obviously the very first thing I did. I'm not an 8-year old.

It didn't fix it.

We're all frustrated, but you don't have to be rude about it. He just offered a bitnof advice based on previous experiences.

Utterly HILARIOUS that someone like you, who frequently cosigns others snark with the forum's upvote, would call out someone else for doing that.

Along with all the other upvoters. Hilarity.
  • madok
    simonsez wrote:
    madok wrote:
    Are you seriously telling me that you didn't know that today was Have a Party With Your Bear Day?

http://www.cute-calendar.com/event/have-a-party-with-your-bear-day/16618.html

That explains SO many things including why my bear was giving me the cold shoulder today.

Tomorrow looks pretty darn good though.

http://www.cute-calendar.com/event/take-a-hike-day/16681.html

Seems appropriate.
  • simonsez
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Utterly HILARIOUS that someone like you, who frequently cosigns others snark with the forum's upvote, would call out someone else for doing that.

Along with all the other upvoters. Hilarity.
    Stop fighting. You're upsetting my bear.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been kinda busy today so this is my first forum visit. I'm really surprised by 2 things. 1) There aren't more people upset by this and 2) There has been no official/dev/red response regarding this issue. In typical mohio fashion (sorry for the 3rd person reference, I'm kinda ashamed), I left getting 2k in shield sim til the last few hours. I had climbed to something like 13-1400 with a little over 40 minutes left when my nodes all started to disappear as I skipped around looking for better targets.

Anyway, I'm not gonna go all "D3 owes me a red cyclops cover", but I am pretty upset by this since each needed cover is a big deal now that legendary tokens are filled with mostly IW, 4hor, Elektra, XF, and Starlord.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    mohio wrote:
    each needed cover is a big deal now that legendary tokens are filled with mostly IW, 4hor, Elektra, XF, and Starlord.

That's not true. Mr. Fantastic is in there too.
  • udonomefoo wrote:
    mohio wrote:
    each needed cover is a big deal now that legendary tokens are filled with mostly IW, 4hor, Elektra, XF, and Starlord.

+100000000

Thanks to LT, my Mr. F went from 2/2/0 to 4/3/0 in a matter of a week.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    florida92 wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:
    mohio wrote:

+100000000

Thanks to LT, my Mr. F went from 2/2/0 to 4/3/0 in a matter of a week.

I pulled 3 of them yesterday. 2/4/2 now.
  • madok
    Sounds like they are just trying to get you both prepared for the upcoming Mr. Fantastic DDQ 4* fight.
  • simonsez
    madok wrote:
    Sounds like they are just trying to get you both prepared for the upcoming Mr. Fantastic DDQ 4* fight.
    I'd rather they prepare us for the upcoming Iceman fight. But yeah, same here... from 1/2/3 to 3/4/3 in the past week.
  • Sent an email to CS and this is what I got back. Seems like the server stopped updating on finding new targets. **** for that to happen anytime, but especially at season end.
    We deeply apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding regarding the issue involving the Shield Simulation PvP event from Season XX. What you are describing is what happens when a player runs out of targets to fight in the Shield Simulation PvP event. If you run out of opponents to find, the server needs to update and find new targets in order to continue. We deeply apologize for anyone who may have experienced the issue at the end of the Season XX event, and were unable to participate in matches because of it.

Due to this issue being wide spread, we are unable to offer compensation to players on an individual level. It would be unfair to credit one player without crediting all players affected by the issue. Therefore, if there is to be a compensation, it will be en mass, and it will be announced on the forums. We ask your patience as a decision is reached, and suggest that you keep an eye on the forums in order to receive the most current information regarding your issue. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
  • bobby_2613
    bobby_2613 Posts: 83 Match Maker
    mindsuckr wrote:
    Sent an email to CS and this is what I got back. Seems like the server stopped updating on finding new targets. **** for that to happen anytime, but especially at season end.
    We deeply apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding regarding the issue involving the Shield Simulation PvP event from Season XX. What you are describing is what happens when a player runs out of targets to fight in the Shield Simulation PvP event. If you run out of opponents to find, the server needs to update and find new targets in order to continue. We deeply apologize for anyone who may have experienced the issue at the end of the Season XX event, and were unable to participate in matches because of it.

Due to this issue being wide spread, we are unable to offer compensation to players on an individual level. It would be unfair to credit one player without crediting all players affected by the issue. Therefore, if there is to be a compensation, it will be en mass, and it will be announced on the forums. We ask your patience as a decision is reached, and suggest that you keep an eye on the forums in order to receive the most current information regarding your issue. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Oh well... An other shameful compensation to come... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • madok
    bobby_2613 wrote:

Oh well... An other shameful compensation to come... icon_rolleyes.gif

I would like to put my money on the "20 ISO comp" to win.