Please end level scaling in PVE

Options
12346»

Comments

• MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    unqltango wrote:
    These PVE events would be good opportunities to get some covers, but it seems, the scaling up favors the better lineup players here as well.

That is from your perspective looking up. Im sure they feel differently as they are trying for that 4* (although why is beyond me) and are not quite getting it, ending up in the 3* rewards you want. The fine line that D3/Demiurge is trying to walk is not having the rewards be out of place with where your team is. Right now your team appears to be 2*/3* so you would want to be finishing up some 2*s and working towards 3*. That should logically place you at the edge of where 3*s are given out as rewards, which is right about where you should place given your hard work (hopefully just above the line as you have put in some serious time).
  • unqltango wrote:
    My problem is, that it seems those can finish at good places, who already have leveled up 3 star characters. So what can the average player do then to get better covers? Sure, I can end up at places where I earn 2 star covers, but I have really hard time to get 3 star ones. Most of my 3 star covers are from lucky draws from 1 star Recruit tokens or got them free. These PVE events would be good opportunities to get some covers, but it seems, the scaling up favors the better lineup players here as well.

You are exaggerating the problem, imo. The difference between 1st place and 3rd place in Normal mode is a single token. The difference between 1st and 50th place is 2 tokens.

It's true you probably won't be able to finish in first, but you undoubtedly will finish in the top 50. My guess is you will still finish in the top 10, if not the top 5. So you will be getting at least 1 or 2 heroic tokens out of this, and chances are high you will be able to use both of those covers.

The people who finish ahead of you with 3* rosters can still get a chance at a 3* cover with their tokens....and most who finish ahead of you (including myself) are just transitioning into 3* teams. The number of people with complete lvl 141 3-star teams that don't need the tokens is miniscule - this forum tends to inflate that figure because the people who visit this board also tend to be the ones that play the most and have the better teams.

Keep it up, you will be getting 1 or 2 heroic tokens in every round, and that will enable you to fill out your roster nicely. Don't stress or get upset about finishing first or second when the difference is only a single cover or two
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    unqltango wrote:
    These PVE events would be good opportunities to get some covers, but it seems, the scaling up favors the better lineup players here as well.

That is from your perspective looking up. Im sure they feel differently as they are trying for that 4* (although why is beyond me) and are not quite getting it, ending up in the 3* rewards you want. The fine line that D3/Demiurge is trying to walk is not having the rewards be out of place with where your team is. Right now your team appears to be 2*/3* so you would want to be finishing up some 2*s and working towards 3*. That should logically place you at the edge of where 3*s are given out as rewards, which is right about where you should place given your hard work (hopefully just above the line as you have put in some serious time).

In PVP, this is completely OK. I could get in the top 5 once (i had to invest 600HP into shields tho) and I can get to the top 45 rather easily if I have time to play. My whining was about this particular Normal mode, which is far beyond Normal level IMO.

Also, since the Hard mode is so hard, players on my level won't be able to get the new hero, so when she will be required for other events, we will be automatically locked out. I'm mentioning this only because I read a dev telling that they wanted more people to earn the new characters/covers. When Daredevil came out, it wasn't really hard to earn at least 1 cover. With Psylocke, I don't see myself even near the top, since most of the points are coming from the Hard mode, where I can't compete. At the moment I'm on the 97th spot overall.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    unqltango wrote:
    MarvelMan wrote:
    unqltango wrote:

In PVP, this is completely OK. I could get in the top 5 once (i had to invest 600HP into shields tho) and I can get to the top 45 rather easily if I have time to play. My whining was about this particular Normal mode, which is far beyond Normal level IMO.

Also, since the Hard mode is so hard, players on my level won't be able to get the new hero, so when she will be required for other events, we will be automatically locked out. I'm mentioning this only because I read a dev telling that they wanted more people to earn the new characters/covers. When Daredevil came out, it wasn't really hard to earn at least 1 cover. With Psylocke, I don't see myself even near the top, since most of the points are coming from the Hard mode, where I can't compete. At the moment I'm on the 97th spot overall.

There is a slim possibility that they give everyone a freebie Psylocke cover near the end of the event: with the 5k iso reward being a reward for these subevents, Demiurge is showing us that they're open to placing more meaningful awards as mission awards.
  • Wasn't Hulk also a reward from a mission near the end of the weeklong event?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:
    Wasn't Hulk also a reward from a mission near the end of the weeklong event?

Yeah, there is definitely some precedence for Demiurge handing out a 3* cover in the past (although TaT didn't have the daredevil cover as I'd hoped). My guess is that the Hulk cover might have been an experiment to see how the playerbase reacted to it. If the results were good, I would have expected TaT to have done the same thing, so I can only assume that it didn't work out to their expectations.
  • Well, after leading my bracket until like 2 hours before end (when I went to sleep, 4 am), I managed to finish in the top 10. Along with 2 guys, one of them had a level 50 IM35 and all other characters are level 20 or under and no Loki. Another guy had a 30 Classic Storm and almost all his other characters were level 20-30 (with the exception of a lvl 35 Modern Storm and 31 IM35). Yes, I reported them, much earlier, they were still present at 4 AM. Too bad we never see the final list.

Which leaves me to being majorly frustrated and I definitely won't put any serious effort in any of these scaling events anymore. Good work devs, way to make your players pissed at your game. It is also an easy decision with the current one, since I don't have the required Magneto.

(sorry, I'm very annoyed atm.)
  • Level scaling should be all about heroes level and certainly not absurd things like number of covers.

You can do whatever you want but you can't beat lvl 230 opponents with level 40 heroes, boosts or not, full covers or not.

My wife and I are playing this game & have started at the same time. Now we have one or two full leveled 2* heroes, the others being at best level 40 or 50. We have no better 3* heroes as in this game only better rosters are allowed to win tournaments. I've slightly more covers than her but no heroes with sufficient covers nor level to be useful (2* covers are way too easy to be collected than Iso).
    We've started the new pve event, with the same (and only one we can use) roster (Wolverine 85, O.Black widow 80-85, Thor or Spiderman 70 when no other is required). First enemies was level 23, mine are 48, twice ! Things go a lot worse when opponents are becoming more difficult...

What can i do devs, erase all of the other covers i've won with a lot of difficulty as you're totally unable to balance your game ?

If level 140+ rosters are able to beat level 200+ opponents, so be it, but stop believing others can too.
    The only question you have to ask to yourself is, can the players play properly our damned game ? The answer is in your forum.
  • Scaling up could be fun, but RESET EVERY SUBSECTION. I would like to be able to experience the whole of each sub-section, not just one sub-section at the start and then have level 230 enemies the rest of the time.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bughunt wrote:
    Scaling up could be fun, but RESET EVERY SUBSECTION.
    I can't hear you. Have you tried typing louder?