Next 4* DDQ: Carnage

13»

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Carnage is 5/2/5 level 214, so I doubt I'll have any trouble.

If it's Doc Ock that he's facing, then I plan on firing as few powers as possible and just save up red to kill him in 2 shots or so.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:

If it's Doc Ock that he's facing, then I plan on firing as few powers as possible and just save up red to kill him in 2 shots or so.

Correct me if I'm wrong but won't this strategy fail given that Doc can use manipulation and trigger Carnage passive anyway? All he has to do to win is spam Manipulation really.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but won't this strategy fail given that Doc can use manipulation and trigger Carnage passive anyway? All he has to do to win is spam Manipulation really.

at 11 ap, denying blue won't be hard, is it a fairly expensive skill. Not one that can be easily spammed.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:

Manipulation cost 11 AP. The first time he does it, there won't be anything on the board so it's an expensive Illusions. The next time there will only be a couple of my special tiles on the board (if they don't get matched first) so I'm not worried about it. Then you're talking over 30 blue. I'm sure I can get enough red to kill him long before that.
  • Jack0fAllGames
    Jack0fAllGames Posts: 65 Match Maker
    We know 3* spidey would be a pain with his defense, but why hasn't anyone mentioned 1* spidey?
    Manageable stun and two damage dealing powers sounds like a proper matchup. Only issue is only one shared color.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just got my first Alien Instincts cover from the Sharp Dressed legendary token. I'll wait to apply it until tomorrow when I see who the opponent is though.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    mine is 4/-/3. there are so many that have no black - it'll be interesting to see the opponent and what effect it will have.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black will definitely hurt more than help in this matchup.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    Got to at least give them a little hope of winning...

Did you play the starlord ddq? That was really hard for people who had a well covered starlord.
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    it will be prof x so we can get a taste of our own medicine of matched tile death!!!
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    I'm changing my vote to Capt Marvel. Since the only drawback of the team damage is eliminated from his red power it needs to be someone that will punish him for doing too much damage. Use his red power and she will fire back with her cheap red and black that can stun.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster wrote:
    Got to at least give them a little hope of winning...

Did you play the starlord ddq? That was really hard for people who had a well covered starlord.
    Yes I did. My Starlord had 11 covers and leveled up to 229 I think, still barely won on my third attempt.
  • Quebbster
    I'm changing my vote to Capt Marvel. Since the only drawback of the team damage is eliminated from his red power it needs to be someone that will punish him for doing too much damage. Use his red power and she will fire back with her cheap red and black that can stun.
    Captain Marvel will most likely be Sam Wilson's opponent, but I guess she could handle Carnage too.
    Red Hulk could be interesting along those lines..
  • Quebbster
    As suspected, 0 black was probably an advantage.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    My Carnage is 1/0/3, level 111. While it definitely helped to have 0 black for this one, green is pretty much useless without special tiles, and my red just isn't strong enough to do any significant damage.

Tried 3 times, got fairly close each match (if only we could use Punisher TU icon_e_smile.gif ). Denied green as much as I could, but couldn't stop armed and dangerous from going off, which pretty much sealed the deal each time.

Might give it another try later, hoping for some extra luck.