Next 4* DDQ: Carnage

CrookedKnight
CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
The Savory vault has switched over, so it's time to place our bets on his opponent! Strategize! And so forth.

My 5/0/3 Carnage has a pretty good shot at this, I think. One-on-one, Carnage has a really good red instead of one with a nasty backlash, and board shake is really helpful in these fights. Lack of black may deprive me of attack tile damage, but I'm willing to bet the fight will be against somebody who takes advantage of getting his/her own free attack tiles, so it could help too.

Comments

• LegendReborn
    LegendReborn Posts: 301
    edited November 2015
    My guess is that however carnage is against, that they will produce attack tiles.

Edit: bah. I mean strike tiles.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    My guess is that it will be someone who does nasty stuff with Carnage's attack tiles...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm going to guess Doc Ock. Attack tiles everywhere!
  • Sentry 4 * version. I will not even waste my time with this ****. So many good villains and they just put their waste.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    I hope it's Spider-Man, but I expect it will be Doc Ock. 3* Spidey isn't good at much, but all three of his abilities are strong Carnage counters: protect/heal/stun while Carnage beats up on himself. Doc Ock is potentially a more devastating opponent, because his blue hits hard if there are a lot of attack tiles on the board.

Whoever the opponent is, I expect the best strategy is to save up AP to unleash a bunch of skills at once, rather than try to whittle the opponent down with attack tiles that will also slowly whittle you down.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Voting for Doc Ock also: 2 shared colors, can turn his attack tiles against him, and green stuns.
  • Chirus
    Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Maybe it'll be someone who plays strike tiles. Buff the heck out of those attack tiles carnage makes.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chirus wrote:
    Maybe it'll be someone who plays strike tiles. Buff the heck out of those attack tiles carnage makes.
    Patch maybe?
    Right now I'm happy with my 5/0/2 Carnage...
  • Gowaderacer
    Chirus wrote:

She-Hulk fits the description and shares 2 colors.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    icon_carnage.pngredflag.png doesn't damage himself, only everyone else so we at least have that
  • 5/0/4 for my Carnage should do fine. Are black covers extra rare or something?
  • Gowaderacer
    metabelian wrote:
    5/0/4 for my Carnage should do fine. Are black covers extra rare or something?

His black cover is rarely a reward and the last one I collected, however it seems like I pull a green Carnage at least once a week from tokens... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not Loki... NOT LOKI!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not Loki... NOT LOKI!

Loki's fine, he doesn't turn attack tiles. Plus he's squishy.
  • 5/3/5, level 269. Looking forward to this one.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    An opponent who spams strike tiles? I think X-23 will fit the bill quite nicely. Plus her self healing will be a pain in the ****. icon_twisted.gif
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, it doesn't really matter because his red is OP in 1v1.
  • CrimsonHulk
    CrimsonHulk Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    My Carnage is 2/4/2 @ 168, he may have a fighting chance, but with so few covers in his red I get the feeling this is going to be a failed 4* DDQ for me like Star-Lord and IMHB.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doc Oc seems like the obvious choice for all the reasons stated above (shared colors, counters venom's signature attack tile generation, etc).

Assuming this to be true, what's the right strategy v. doc? just deny blue and green, fire red whenever you have the ap, and save green for a special-tile-rich board? Seems like more of an irritating fight than an enjoyable one. I hope my 3/2/3 is up to the task.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    The joke is on them. My carnage is 5/0/5 so any attack tile abusers will not work on me. I don't think his black cover has ever been given as 1k reward.