Next 4* DDQ: Carnage

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Carnage bk is really, really elusive. Only got 1 bk myself. icon_redface.gif
  • GreenMachine
    GreenMachine Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Been suspecting this match could be doc ock for all the reasons above. Makes me think a */0/* carnage build would have no trouble. That would essentially negate ock's black and blue.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Been suspecting this match could be doc ock for all the reasons above. Makes me think a */0/* carnage build would have no trouble. That would essentially negate ock's black and blue.
    Ock could have a teamup that gives you special tiles though. I'm upgrading my guess to Doc Ock with a Berserker Rage teamup.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    poomermon wrote:
    The joke is on them. My carnage is 5/0/5 so any attack tile abusers will not work on me. I don't think his black cover has ever been given as 1k reward.

I'm in a similar situation, only...mine's 2/0/2. I don't fancy my chances =P
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    metabelian wrote:
    5/0/4 for my Carnage should do fine. Are black covers extra rare or something?

I haven't been tracking specific colors, but before I started the new job, I was maintaining a public spreadsheet (linked in my sig) documenting who had been rewarded when. I have piles of grading kicking my butt, so I haven't had time to update it (or maintain the PVE event threads I'd been running for months).

Anybody can edit the reward spreadsheet, and it doesn't take much in the way of time to do when an event starts.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 5,0,5 Carnage is ready for this fight. I think Falcap or Falcon could be interesting fights where they would improve Carnages attack tiles. They are both slow though. Spider-Man would be marek correct, but would be an easy fight since spidey has no offensive capabilities. I think game wise Daken would be a very interesting battle, or Punisher with overlapping colors.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    They may do a 360 and let us play the villain in the Carnage vs PX fight. Same fight, other side.
  • Quebbster
    Malcrof wrote:
    They may do a 360 and let us play the villain in the Carnage vs PX fight. Same fight, other side.
    They didn't do that with Wolverine, but it's not out of the question I guess.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Carnage black has never been available at 1K and it wasn't the top 100 reward in either of the PvE events that gave him out, and when he was the top prize in SHIELD Simulator it was his green cover. So yeah, unless you've gotten black from tokens or did very well in one of his PvEs, you don't have it.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Barring a random pull between now and then, I'll be tackling Carnage's node with a 3/0/1 level 111.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Perhaps this will be the fabled 2* match.
    What about Moonstone?
  • Carnage vs Sentry. The duel of the freaks. It will be interesting Sentry with his sacrifice and the carnage dropping your passive black. icon_twisted.gif
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    metabelian wrote:
    5/0/4 for my Carnage should do fine. Are black covers extra rare or something?

Not for me. Mine is 3/5/5. Can't catch a Red to save my life
  • Quebbster
    Barring a random pull between now and then, I'll be tackling Carnage's node with a 3/0/1 level 111.
    You never know... I got a third red for XFDeadpool the same day he was up in the DDQ. That helped a lot.
  • It's gotta be Dock Ock right?

They both have black passives that create attack tiles.
    They both have board shaking moves with boosted damage for destroying attack tiles.
    They both have black and green moves.
    They both are Spidey villains.
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Doc Ock would actually be mostly harmless against Carnage in a one on one fight. His active powers are expensive, so he won't be easily triggering Carnage's black passive. If you don't give him any attack tiles, he's got nothing to use against you. All you have to do is stockpile your AP and deny green, then unleash several Symbiote Scythes in a single turn, followed up with Carnage Rules if needed.
  • Quebbster
    Infrared wrote:
    Doc Ock would actually be mostly harmless against Carnage in a one on one fight. His active powers are expensive, so he won't be easily triggering Carnage's black passive. If you don't give him any attack tiles, he's got nothing to use against you. All you have to do is stockpile your AP and deny green, then unleash several Symbiote Scythes in a single turn, followed up with Carnage Rules if needed.
    Cue Berserker Rage teamup...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Infrared wrote:

Actually, Patch may be a good opponent... creates tiles for both sides, shares 2 colors, same as Carnage.. creates tiles for both sides etc..

The self heal at 5 covers would be the biggest NOPE reason, but patch does not scale well health wise anyway.
  • GreenGiant
    GreenGiant Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    vinicius18 wrote:
    Carnage vs Sentry. The duel of the freaks. It will be interesting Sentry with his sacrifice and the carnage dropping your passive black. icon_twisted.gif

I'm with vinicius on this. Can't wait to play out this scene repeatedly. icon_e_biggrin.gif

1313681-sentry_carnage.jpg
  • Quebbster
    Malcrof wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Infrared wrote:

Actually, Patch may be a good opponent... creates tiles for both sides, shares 2 colors, same as Carnage.. creates tiles for both sides etc..

The self heal at 5 covers would be the biggest NOPE reason, but patch does not scale well health wise anyway.
    I think the healing factor may be too much for low level Carnages to overcome. Got to at least give them a little hope of winning...