Command points in DDQ

Comments

• eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    One-Time Handouts:
    5 for playing the game
    5 for having a linked Facebook account
    5 for having spent money on the game at any point in the past

Does anyone know when the bolded Command Points will be given out?
    I received the 5 that everyone gets but not the ones for FB or purchasing (both of which I should get)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    eaise wrote:
    One-Time Handouts:
    5 for playing the game
    5 for having a linked Facebook account
    5 for having spent money on the game at any point in the past

Does anyone know when the bolded Command Points will be given out?
    I received the 5 that everyone gets but not the ones for FB or purchasing (both of which I should get)
    I believe IceIX said "before 11/10" or something like that. Purchases and Facebook connections need to be done 11/8 at the latest.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heartburn wrote:
    ya it seems it is nothing to write home about, 2 points for first place great 12 more and you get a LT? only top 50 get 1 point. these rewards seem so stingy.
    I thought it would be like 15 for 1st, 10 for top 10, 8 for top 50 , 5 for top 100, 2 for top 250, 1 for everyone else. seems so of the mark, but maybe that is just me.

Over half a LT per day from just the daily pve sub would be too much of a correction in the other direction, something along the lines of T2 = 4, T10 = 3, T50 = 2 and T100 = 1 would seem like a decent balance of regular CP income without being too excessive and at the same time they should probably plug in 25 HP for T100 and T200 too.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    The problem with tying these to PvE ranks is that, until they fix scaling, the people who can most easily rank T10 are the people with transitioning and **** rosters... you know, the ones who are complaining how legendary tokens are messing with their scaling.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    eaise wrote:
    What's really disappointing is that they chose a DPD rotation with rags and IM30 to give out CP for completion. The two worst 3* characters! a good portion of people don't have them because of how bad they are

I actually had IM40 and Ragnarok tokens sitting around waiting to be sold/expire. I ditched my single Star Lord cover today to roster Iron Man, and will scrap him when the Ragnarok DDQ rolls around. Which apparently doesn't get me enough CP to do anything, but 10 is better than 8, right?
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Don't quote me on it, but I'm fairly certain the 5 from x23 pvp and 5 from DDQ are part of the 25 cp rollout. I vaguely remember reading it in one of the stickies.

Edit: yep here's the link viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34840
    Will: If you've played between October 26th and when Command Points come out we're going to give you 5 of them. If you play Deadpool Daily and you beat all the missions we're going to give you 1 a day there.

Will: And there's going to be a Versus event running that weekend, and if you end it with a score of over 300 we'll give you a few more. On that Monday, November 9th, if you've connected your game to Facebook to backup your game or share prizes with your friends by Monday November 9th we'll give you a couple more.

Will: And if you've ever supported Marvel Puzzle Quest ever by buying anything in the game of any size we're going to give you some Command Points for that. So lots of different ways to give you Command Points for a head start towards that Legendary Pack.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I'd also like to see the CP reward for DDQ in place permanently. One Legendary Token every 5 weeks is not game-breaking.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heartburn wrote:
    ya it seems it is nothing to write home about, 2 points for first place great 12 more and you get a LT? only top 50 get 1 point. these rewards seem so stingy.
    I thought it would be like 15 for 1st, 10 for top 10, 8 for top 50 , 5 for top 100, 2 for top 250, 1 for everyone else. seems so of the mark, but maybe that is just me.

Stingy is -exactly- the word I've bandied about in several line groups since they've introduced these. Folks will like them week one when they hand out a bunch for free - but they will be few and far between after that.

Having one each day in DDQ would give the fully 3* covered something to look forward to in that event - a rarity, since the vaults are so packed full of garbage they are worthless until you spend the year it takes to get enough tacos to get your 4* out of them.

It would also give you about -one- extra legendary token (25 CP's) a season....which is -still- not nearly enough to consider these more of a transition for 4* (or 5*, but whatever).

If I was a gambling man, I would guess these were easier to sell to publishers - they tied them almost directly to income (easiest way to get them? buy huge HP packs).

There was a mention of something for the long-timers and why they couldn't sell covers for CP due to messing up a future "something" - I guess I'll just keep hoping that something is an actual transition option rather than these CP's, which are practically worthless.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Heartburn wrote:

Stingy is -exactly- the word I've bandied about in several line groups since they've introduced these. Folks will like them week one when they hand out a bunch for free - but they will be few and far between after that.

Having one each day in DDQ would give the fully 3* covered something to look forward to in that event - a rarity, since the vaults are so packed full of garbage they are worthless until you spend the year it takes to get enough tacos to get your 4* out of them.

It would also give you about -one- extra legendary token (25 CP's) a season....which is -still- not nearly enough to consider these more of a transition for 4* (or 5*, but whatever).

If I was a gambling man, I would guess these were easier to sell to publishers - they tied them almost directly to income (easiest way to get them? buy huge HP packs).

There was a mention of something for the long-timers and why they couldn't sell covers for CP due to messing up a future "something" - I guess I'll just keep hoping that something is an actual transition option rather than these CP's, which are practically worthless.

Stingy is the word that has always come to mind with D3/Demiurge for more than 2 years. At this point I'm not surprised, though I am still disappointed.

I'm more surprised that they decided to actually give away up to 25 CP in the first week. That's like a whole legendary token! That's more than we got for anniversary!

I think the issue is that command points don't really solve much. They're either

-A way to earn legendaries in increments of less than 1. This still leaves all the issues that people have with legendaries often not being rewarding.
    or
    -If you save up for more than half a year and also give up 29 legendary token pulls you can level up a 5* ability. I think they forgot the implicit cost of not opening 29 tokens and waiting for over half a year when they decided to make the 5* covers cost 720. That's an absurdly high number.
  • simonsez
    Raffoon wrote:
    -If you save up for more than half a year and also give up 29 legendary token pulls you can level up a 5* ability. I think they forgot the implicit cost of not opening 29 tokens and waiting for over half a year when they decided to make the 5* covers cost 720. That's an absurdly high number.
    Depends on the context. If they're accounting for the formation of whale alliances, where each members commits to buying at least one stark salary per week, anything less than that would result in a 5* alliance pretty quickly. Even at 720, I expect there's going to be a noticeable acceleration in how many viable 5* formations we see out there.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I keep seeing questions about where the points are and where they come from, which indicates to me no-one clicks on the pop-up (http://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marv ... and-points)
    You can get Command Points in these ways:

As mission rewards for key missions in Story events.

As part of placement rewards in Story events and Versus events.

When someone purchases certain bundles of Hero Points or Iso-8 (Logan’s Loonies, Asgard Treasure, Stark Salary, Hidden Stash, Rich Deposit, or Mother Lode), some Command Points are awarded to them and everyone else in their alliance. (If they’re not in an alliance, they’ll still get the bonus.)

In daily rewards.

Bonus Command Points!

To celebrate the launch of Command Points, we’re giving away bonus Command Points this weekend! Here’s how you can get them:

Everyone who’s played between 10/26 and 11/4 gets 5 Command Points. These will be awarded before 11/6.

For five days of Deadpool’s Daily Quest starting Thursday, 11/5, you can earn 1 Command Point per day by scoring 15,000 points.

Anyone who completes the Versus event Track and Slash with 300 or more points gets 5 Command Points. These will be awarded before 11/10.

Players on iOS or Android who have connected to Facebook by the end of the day on 11/8 get 5 Command Points. These will be awarded before 11/10.

Anyone who has ever supported the game with a purchase by the end of the day on 11/8 gets 5 Command Points. These will be awarded before 11/10.

Lots initially, but not much after first week.
    Also pretty clever to give some on 11/3 and delay more until 11/10 - try to get players a little taste so they fill in that "25" number with purchases up front. To bad once that "25" goes to "0" it will be a pretty long time to fill that number again.

Plenty of folks have mentioned DDQ daily 4* wouldn't be end of the world - you need about 13 covers every other week with the introduction of new characters, and you aren't going to win every single DDQ.

Instead the transition is "sped up" with CP....but this isn't speed!
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    The problem with tying these to PvE ranks is that, until they fix scaling, the people who can most easily rank T10 are the people with transitioning and **** rosters... you know, the ones who are complaining how legendary tokens are messing with their scaling.
    So I'm guessing you're happy, right?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    There's nothing wrong with pointing out flawed logic. He expressed no opinion, just pointed out that loading up pve placement with command points may not be the ideal solution to their perceived scarcity.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    edited November 2015
    simonsez wrote:
    Raffoon wrote:
    Depends on the context. If they're accounting for the formation of whale alliances, where each members commits to buying at least one stark salary per week, anything less than that would result in a 5* alliance pretty quickly. Even at 720, I expect there's going to be a noticeable acceleration in how many viable 5* formations we see out there.

Yeah, I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out a solution to that issue. As much as it's been fun to get bonus command points from alliance-mates, I think they may have screwed up by linking them to money in that way. In order to stop widespread whaling of 5*s they have to set the 5* trade-in high. But this means that actually getting a particular 5* from just playing the game will take far too long to be at all meaningful.

So then maybe the solution isn't to lower the 720 number, but to give out more CP through playing. I suppose that makes sense. The amount being given out seems low and this is supposed to be the "bonus" week. Maybe they could raise the Legendary token cost a small bit, but give out a lot more CP.

Eh, who am I kidding? These types of suggestions are never listened to.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't like command points in any spot that 2* players can get them regularly. It only messes up scaling and makes them buy another roster spot they won't use for a very long time.

Instead of 1 a day in DDQ, I'd prefer something like 5 cp in the 4* node. Same thing with taking it out of PVE sub placements. Maybe only put 3 in the 4* essential nodes.

They're meant for 4* transitioners and up, so only give them to 4* transitioners and up.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    scottee wrote:
    I don't like command points in any spot that 2* players can get them regularly. It only messes up scaling and makes them buy another roster spot they won't use for a very long time.

Instead of 1 a day in DDQ, I'd prefer something like 5 cp in the 4* node. Same thing with taking it out of PVE sub placements. Maybe only put 3 in the 4* essential nodes.

They're meant for 4* transitioners and up, so only give them to 4* transitioners and up.

I agree that giving easier access to 4* to people freshly oit of 2* land is not a good idea. Well gamewise only, because as you said it makes them spend more for roster slots which is good for the bottom line.

The sad thing though is there is currently almost nowhere to put them that would fit that role as 4* DDQ really is more aimed at people already well established in 4* land.
  • simonsez
    simonsez wrote:
    Please, explain this response. I'm specifically explaining why it's not logical to award CP for PvE rank. Why would I be happy that they're doing something I'm complaining is not logical? Enlighten us.
  • simonsez
    Raffoon wrote:
    I think they may have screwed up by linking them to money in that way.
    From their perspective, I don't think so. It's just another phase in this 5* roll-out. Phase 1 was setting pricing at such an insane level, only a few would actually trying to mega-whale them. Now we're into phase 2, where it'll still require crazy spending, but at a lower level that will now be accessible to a second tier of whales. Once enough people do so, we'll be into phase 3, which I'm hoping will be to rebalance the game they've completely broken.
  • Starshatter
    Starshatter Posts: 63 Match Maker
    I have only received 5 so far that I didn't earn. They were "a gift" just because. I have not seen the 5 for connecting to Facebook or the 5 from previously playing or the 5 from previously buying. I was expecting to get 20 gift points, but have not yet. Have others received this many free???
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    They won't award the Facebook and purchase points until after the deadline so people have a chance to meet the requirements.