Command points in DDQ

jayx_2
jayx_2 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi,

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere or is the wrong spot, but are command points only in the deadpool daily quest for this current run (i.e. ending on Nov-9).

Because if so, boo.

If not, yay.

Thanks

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    jayx_2 wrote:
    Hi,

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere or is the wrong spot, but are command points only in the deadpool daily quest for this current run (i.e. ending on Nov-9).

Because if so, boo.

If not, yay.

Thanks
    I believe the answer is "boo". We get a lot for free at first, then when we're hooked we have to earn more...
  • gigatilburg29
    gigatilburg29 Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Allot free?
  • Quebbster
    Allot free?
    Well, comparatively speaking.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster wrote:
    Allot free?
    You can't even buy anything for that "free" amount of CP. 10 CP (5 for launch and 5 for full DDQ rotation)
  • Quebbster
    Lukoil wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Allot free?
    You can't even buy anything for that "free" amount of CP. 10 CP (5 for launch and 5 for full DDQ rotation)
    The introduction ain't over yet. There's 25 points available through handouts, 5 through the DDQ, and 5 points for reaching 300 points in Track and Slash. None of that is going to be available later, though it will probably stay as top 10 rewards in PvP and PvE.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Putting some CPs in the ddq vault going forward in favour of some of the useless 2* covers would be nice - who completing ddq really needs 2* covers anyway - take 100 2*s out and replace with 100 1 CP token
  • waynerz666
    waynerz666 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    1 a day from DDQ is way too much to keep going for them... In less than 2 years you can have a 5* of your choice!!! Sorry, please , be on your way..
  • djpt05
    djpt05 Posts: 178
    That's pretty disappointing news.

I was hoping that would be the way to eventually transition to 4* as a casual player in a 3* alliance. I just don't have the time to put into earning 1000 pts in a pvp or grinding a legendary in PVE.

I hoped earning 1 pt a day in DDQ could (extremely slowly) help me build a 4* roster. At least that way I could a small amount of progress relative to those who can put in more time and resources. But at least it would have been something.
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    What's really disappointing is that they chose a DPD rotation with rags and IM30 to give out CP for completion. The two worst 3* characters! a good portion of people don't have them because of how bad they are
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got lucky and pulled IM40 and KK out of the vault with my first two tacos, I'll roster them for the DDQ and then ditch them after
  • I got lucky and pulled IM40 and KK out of the vault with my first two tacos, I'll roster them for the DDQ and then ditch them after

You're going to ditch KK? icon_eek.gif

DBC
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    That was my first thought! KK is one of my favourite charcters, she's brutal with SWitch!
  • OneLastGambit
    I've a very limited roster at the minute and I've got SS waiting to be rostered, the other characters I have are either usable or halfway to being usable so it makes little sense to roster and keep a brand new character when they might not be finished for months. I have two rotating roster slots which I drop and pick up characters based on their use in DDQ, sadly one of those slots will be occupied by SS in 3 days whether I like it or not. The other slot will continue to be rotating.
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    I've a very limited roster at the minute and I've got SS waiting to be rostered, the other characters I have are either usable or halfway to being usable so it makes little sense to roster and keep a brand new character when they might not be finished for months. I have two rotating roster slots which I drop and pick up characters based on their use in DDQ, sadly one of those slots will be occupied by SS in 3 days whether I like it or not. The other slot will continue to be rotating.

Months in this game, goes by fast. Find a way to keep KK, you won't regret it.
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    Quebbster wrote:
    Lukoil wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Allot free?
    The introduction ain't over yet. There's 25 points available through handouts, 5 through the DDQ, and 5 points for reaching 300 points in Track and Slash. None of that is going to be available later, though it will probably stay as top 10 rewards in PvP and PvE.

Is there a link tracking the details on how to accumulate all of them in a concise way? So far I haven't picked up that many, and the only "handouts" i noticed where from the facebook thing, which I did but so far haven't received anything for.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    kalex716 wrote:
    Is there a link tracking the details on how to accumulate all of them in a concise way? So far I haven't picked up that many, and the only "handouts" i noticed where from the facebook thing, which I did but so far haven't received anything for.
    Ignoring the one-time-only handouts, there's one in the two nodes of PvE, you can get them via t10 sub ranking in PvE and t50 ranking in PvP, and once every 10 days in daily resupply. That's it I think.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2015
    One-Time Handouts:
    5 for playing the game
    5 for having a linked Facebook account
    5 for having spent money on the game at any point in the past

Extras From Events This Week:
    1 for finishing DDQ each day this cycle (5 total)
    5 for finishing X-23 PvP over 300 points

(Apparently) Permanent CP Sources:
    1 point as a node reward in the final fight of each PvE sub, replacing a standard token
    1 point as a node reward in the 4* essential fight of each PvE sub, replacing a standard token
    1 point for placing in the top 10 of a PvE sub
    2 points for placing in the top 2 of a PvE sub
    1 point for placing in the top 50 of a PvP event
    2 points for placing in the top 10 of a PvP event
    A block of points awarded monthly as a resupply (increasing amounts based on time played)
    Points awarded to a player's full alliance with every purchase of HP/ISO-8 above a certain threshold
  • OneLastGambit
    kalex716 wrote:

Months in this game, goes by fast. Find a way to keep KK, you won't regret it.

Part of the reason I'm reluctant is my luck with tokens below legendary is awful. Heroics give me a slew of MHawkeyes events tokens are a little better but not by much. But legendaries often give me something I need so odd as it sounds I'm progressing to 4* quicker than I am 3*. It will slow down at some point but 3* is currently moving slower.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    One-Time Handouts:
    5 for playing the game
    5 for having a linked Facebook account
    5 for having spent money on the game at any point in the past
    [10 more I can't remember?]

Extras From Events This Week:
    1 for finishing DDQ each day this cycle (5 total)
    5 for finishing X-23 PvP over 300 points

(Apparently) Permanent CP Sources:
    1 point as a node reward in the final fight of each PvE sub, replacing a standard token
    1 point as a node reward in the 4* essential fight of each PvE sub, replacing a standard token
    1 point for placing in the top 10 of a PvE sub
    2 points for placing in the top 2 of a PvE sub
    1 point for placing in the top 50 of a PvP event
    2 points for placing in the top 10 of a PvP event
    A block of points awarded monthly as a resupply (increasing amounts based on time played)
    Points awarded to a player's full alliance with every purchase of HP above a certain threshold

Not a lot, eh? I could have sworn they stated something about giving them out as alliance rewards, but they could have meant the HP/ISO-8 Purchase.

I was definitely expecting something a bit more generous but >shrug,< it's early yet, let's see what they do.
  • ya it seems it is nothing to write home about, 2 points for first place great 12 more and you get a LT? only top 50 get 1 point. these rewards seem so stingy.
    I thought it would be like 15 for 1st, 10 for top 10, 8 for top 50 , 5 for top 100, 2 for top 250, 1 for everyone else. seems so of the mark, but maybe that is just me.

comment-reply-015-not-impressed.jpg