Post-R87 Updates

13»

Comments

• Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    The new Victory sparkles looked like it was just another layer of animation on top of what already existed. Now that they're gone, it looks like it takes just as long, but just no more sparkles on top.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I noticed that with the disappearance of the ***Victory*** banner, the xx/20 count for team-ups has returned. Which is great but I'm not sure what the heck is the correlation between these 2 changes. Did somehow adding the banner graphics mess up the TU counter?

Also they really need to bring back the display for the cover level for TUs.
  • pmorcs
    pmorcs Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Goodbye, MLP Victory Banner. The flame that burns twice as bright burns barely a week I guess? You will be missed!

iso8.pngstar.pngiso8.pngstar.pngiso8.pngstar.pngiso8.pngstar.pngiso8.pngstar.pngiso8.pngstar.pngiso8.pngstar.pngiso8.pngstar.pngiso8.pngstar.pngiso8.pngstar.png
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I noticed that with the disappearance of the ***Victory*** banner, the xx/20 count for team-ups has returned. Which is great but I'm not sure what the heck is the correlation between these 2 changes. Did somehow adding the banner graphics mess up the TU counter?
    Correlation, meet causation. Causation, correlation.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Correlation, meet causation. Causation, correlation.
    Poor wording on my part. What I meant to say was I was wondering if there was a causal relationship between the disappearance of the TU counter and the appearance of the victory banner, and vice versa, or is it just a coincidence.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    My five-year-old saw it the other day, and asked what it was, so we read it together.

Then whenever it popped up, the five-year-old would shout out "VICTORY!", kind of fun.
    My 2-year-old as well. He sits on my lap and shouts "peur!" at Venom (the teeth and tongue) and "Robot!" at IM, and then at the end we loudly claim "VICTORY!"... sometimes "un petit victory... no ... GRAND VICTORY!" (welcome to toddler frenglish everyone)
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    So if someday we get a bug like "every single pvp win gives 75 score" it's gonna last 4 weeks? Sweet.
    If such a bug required a client side fix and we would lose significant queue time that would impact our schedule by pulling the current build, yes. I'm sorry, but everyone would just have to grin and bear the progression reward bonanza.

Grin and bear it? So, the thought of players progressing and having fun for a few weeks would be some unpleasant outcome to be endured. I mean, we all knew the devs feel this way, just a bit surprised to see a public admission.
  • Chrono_Tata
    firethorne wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    So if someday we get a bug like "every single pvp win gives 75 score" it's gonna last 4 weeks? Sweet.
    If such a bug required a client side fix and we would lose significant queue time that would impact our schedule by pulling the current build, yes. I'm sorry, but everyone would just have to grin and bear the progression reward bonanza.

Grin and bear it? So, the thought of players progressing and having fun for a few weeks would be some unpleasant outcome to be endured. I mean, we all knew the devs feel this way, just a bit surprised to see a public admission.

The joke
    >

Your head