Post-R87 Updates

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    New "Victory" screen:
      -The new version of the "Victory" message is being removed and may be revisited at a later date.

I liked it! Oh well.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    trat73 wrote:
    Can someone explain to me what the "dynamic listing of strongest colors" problem is?

Powers that affect your or the enemy team's strongest color now list the current strongest color in their description. But if there's a tie for strongest, then the description will give the wrong color (because it's not running the tiebreaker right, or because the tiebreaker is randomly determined at the time of casting - not sure which).
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nellobee wrote:
    Aww, I liked the over-the-top victory screen.

My five-year-old saw it the other day, and asked what it was, so we read it together.

Then whenever it popped up, the five-year-old would shout out "VICTORY!", kind of fun.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]New "Victory" screen:
      -The new version of the "Victory" message is being removed and may be revisited at a later date.
    I have no idea why people were so up in arms over this change. I figured it was just a "who moved my cheese" or "you changed something other than my personal number one priority thing" response, rather than anything so extreme as to require a rollback.

Personally, I felt it was a slightly strange way to change it; adding those two gold boarders and some sparkles to the existing Victory banner thingy rather than making something new.

But hating it or whatever? Nope. I like the new look, had something more interesting to it than a pair of yellow gradient shapes.
    I just thought the execution was a little peculiar, personally. I hope they come back with something new eventually and it's even betterer =)
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    By the way, the "strongest colour update" is mentioned here but it never appeared in the patch's own thread. Since it's actually a helpful addition, you may want to announce it.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Nellobee wrote:
    Aww, I liked the over-the-top victory screen.

My five-year-old saw it the other day, and asked what it was, so we read it together.

Then whenever it popped up, the five-year-old would shout out "VICTORY!", kind of fun.

Holy ****, that is the cutest thing I have read in ages. Awwwww!
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Pylgrim wrote:
    By the way, the "strongest colour update" is mentioned here but it never appeared in the patch's own thread. Since it's actually a helpful addition, you may want to announce it.
    To be fair, since it's not working properly at the moment, it's probably not something they want to tell everyone about. Maybe after the fix.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:
    Side note, like the sparkles! Why are they going away?

They're not bad if this was a glimmerglitterpowerpuff game but imho the animation don't fit the marvel theme at all. Also it takes a little longer than before but I think that's minor. Some lighting effect on the victory banner can be nice but do it in a more cool way please.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I'll miss the "Victory" banner icon_e_sad.gif
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I liked the banner too icon_e_biggrin.gif

Question for the reds, after the patch, XDP's Countdown for What triggers a pop up every time one of the countdowns is matched instead of the old method of just having the animation take place (quickly) at the top. Will the R89 patch get rid of the lag there as well?
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    No more sparkles!!!! UNINSTALL
  • I bet the top tier players still see the sparkly victory screen. icon_cry.gif
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    And the X/20 team-up counter thingy? Can that be fixed?

This. I wanna know when I need to send out a request before I'm down to a handful.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    "You're suppose to lose"
  • Did anyone else have a problem with Facebook-linked devices getting unlinked as a result of the update? I didn't notice it happen, and then had one device overwrite the rewards I got for hitting 1000 progression in Web-Slinger and for the PX DDQ. icon_e_sad.gif

Support staff is looking into my ticket (I hope), but until then I'm stuck not playing. Ice, anything you can do?
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    I'm one of those guys who hates the "sparkles victory" screen.

To me it's a waste of space on a phone/tablet (but honestly I run on a PC). The game is going to become a memory hog on phones/tablets with all the animations for all the characters (some characters have more than 2 animations it seems). Times all those animations for 75+ characters, and you'll see the memory-hog usage for graphics like "sparkles victory".

To be honest, when can we get a button in the settings to turn of power animations? Playing for 650 days now, I think I've seen the Hulk Smash animation 10,000 times (at least it feels that way).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    fnedude wrote:
    To be honest, when can we get a button in the settings to turn of power animations? Playing for 650 days now, I think I've seen the Hulk Smash animation 10,000 times (at least it feels that way).
    They don't want to do that because then everyone would turn off animations to be more competitive and the game would lose much of its flavor. Or something.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    fnedude wrote:
    They don't want to do that because then everyone would turn off animations to be more competitive and the game would lose much of its flavor. Or something.

Yeah, I get that some are a bit lengthy (I'm looking at you Loki) but I agree that it needs to be a level playing field when so many awards are time-sensitive. And yes, it would just kill any character the game had, we're here for the Marvel-ness aren't we?
  • GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    I like the new victory.

Also thanks so much for finally putting in some sort of strongest color notification (hopefully it gets fixed and works for everyone soon).
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    I didn't dislike the new banner, but out FOR SURE made the the company look extremely foolish to the common player.

"Oh gee, they can add My Little Pony sparkles, but NOT fix my ten other issues with this game? Friggin awesome. Etc."