Post-R87 Updates

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi everyone,

A quick update on a few issues we've seen reported recently;

Attack tiles/gameplay slowdown:
    - A fix has been worked on for the reported Attack tile/slowdown issues and is planned for the R89 update. Because the fix requires a client update (and R88 has already been submitted to first parties) it's looking like it will be approximately 4 weeks before the fix arrives in R89.

"Strongest color" update:
    - The developers are aware of a few issues with the dynamic listing of strongest colors and are looking to fix them as soon as they can. We don't have a fix time frame to provide, but when ready, this can be corrected via a server update (without waiting for a major patch).

New "Victory" screen:
    -The new version of the "Victory" message is being removed and may be revisited at a later date.

Thanks!

Comments

• Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Aww, I liked the over-the-top victory screen.
  • Tarouza
    Tarouza Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    4 weeks to fix something that affects probably 75 percent of matches...working as intended, bet if it was something that benefitted the player it would be fixed tomorrow
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Tarouza wrote:
    4 weeks to fix something that affects probably 75 percent of matches...working as intended, bet if it was something that benefitted the player it would be fixed tomorrow
    It requires a client side fix. Unless it were something like "iOS crashes on launch for anyone not on iOS 9" it would still be simply slotted into the next possible release. Which in this case is R89 since R88 is already in the queue. Sorry, but no conspiracy theory to keep a negative item in the game here.

Also, 3000th post.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Tarouza wrote:
    It requires a client side fix. Unless it were something like "iOS crashes on launch for anyone not on iOS 9" it would still be simply slotted into the next possible release. Which in this case is R89 since R88 is already in the queue. Sorry, but no conspiracy theory to keep a negative item in the game here.

Also, 3000th post.

You're 6 rep shy of 4k as well.

Side note, like the sparkles! Why are they going away?
  • So if someday we get a bug like "every single pvp win gives 75 score" it's gonna last 4 weeks? Sweet.
  • IceIX
    ShionSinX wrote:
    So if someday we get a bug like "every single pvp win gives 75 score" it's gonna last 4 weeks? Sweet.
    If such a bug required a client side fix and we would lose significant queue time that would impact our schedule by pulling the current build, yes. I'm sorry, but everyone would just have to grin and bear the progression reward bonanza.
  • IceIX wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    So if someday we get a bug like "every single pvp win gives 75 score" it's gonna last 4 weeks? Sweet.
    If such a bug required a client side fix and we would lose significant queue time that would impact our schedule by pulling the current build, yes. I'm sorry, but everyone would just have to grin and bear the progression reward bonanza.
    It's ok, I'd forgive you icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]New "Victory" screen:
      -The new version of the "Victory" message is being removed and may be revisited at a later date.
    I have no idea why people were so up in arms over this change. I figured it was just a "who moved my cheese" or "you changed something other than my personal number one priority thing" response, rather than anything so extreme as to require a rollback.
  • IceIX
    DayvBang wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]New "Victory" screen:
    I have no idea why people were so up in arms over this change. I figured it was just a "who moved my cheese" or "you changed something other than my personal number one priority thing" response.
    <I am not a designer> I think it was a combination of the artist wanting another crack at it along with it extending the battle timer even longer than the current Attack tile bug already does. Kind of a double whammy.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Mods like sparkles.

Gentlemen, start your innuendo engines.
  • It's a bit odd, it's not a fully new animation, seems like some extra stuff on the top of the old one. I'd like a new one, after more than a year something different would be welcome as long as there's no downsides, which wasn't the case here.
  • Not gonna lie, and feel free to mock away, but I kind of like the "Victory!" banner. icon_redface.gif

Yeah, whatever. Shut up. icon_razz.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Mods like sparkles.

Gentlemen, start your innuendo engines.

Blame David Bowie.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't mind the victory screen and did not think it took to much time for the battle to end. The attack tile issue on the other hand was a little crippling in PVE with so much IF V IF.
  • hopefully they speed up the attack tiles, passive abilities with the next update, lord knows they have plenty of time! i'm pretty sure someone must be bargaining for a prosthetic leg that's necessary for the fix!

I like the victory screen, not to steal from mortal kombat, but heck, lets add a "finish him" banner for the last move too!!! hahah
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

New "Victory" screen:
    !

Why revisit this when 99% of the players have been begging for a 1-Up Level button and an improved Battle UI?

The Victory banner reminds me of the Goon AP banner you tried out. It came, it went, its forgotten.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    And the X/20 team-up counter thingy? Can that be fixed?
  • BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,
    New "Victory" screen:

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    4 weeks? Meh. I can kiss any decent rewards goodbye.

And the sparkly Victory banner was so cute. Booo.
  • trat73
    trat73 Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Can someone explain to me what the "dynamic listing of strongest colors" problem is?