Are you saving?

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
The devs stated in their recent video that they are looking to make changes to scaling due to players keeping their characters at low levels.

Curious to see how much players have saved in Iso because they are nervous to level their characters.

Personally I have roughly 1.4M and I have only leveled my 4*'s during 4* DDQ such as leveling Professor X to level 120. My original plan was to save 1M Iso then level max my top characters but I have been scared lol. Now my new goal to level max everyone if I pull a 5* cover.

Thoughts, questions, comments, rants?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I currently have 650k saved but I didn't do it on purpose, I'm still building a 3* roster and it's a lack of covers that's stopping me from levelling. I had 12k saved when I started the transition so that should give you a rough idea of how long I've been saving.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a sickness so I can't sit on Iso too long. Waiting to open my legendary stockpile I was sitting between 250-400k just in case. Before that I never had more than about 100k lying around.

It's a little easier now because I've all but stopped leveling 3*, so it can sit while I wait for more 4* to creep in.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    I save Iso until I can use the purple train button.

Level Maxing 4*s one level at a time?
    b77417b8c3d567ffefd07d026e4851e0821857c53c209f90e211e82d18ab049e.jpg
  • Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    I'm sat on 1/2 Mill, but only just building 3*'s and soft capping at 104.

The bigger question needs to be, who is going to be the "Guinea-Pig" who levels up once they announce that this issue has been "fixed"!

Basgy not me!
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have 1.4M ISO saved at the moment, also kind of accidentally. I was building my 3* roster, not leveling people until I had someone fully covered that I really wanted. So IF stayed at L40 until I got 13 covers, 3/5/5. Then bumped him up to 166.

Over time, it ended up with 16 3* fully leveled, and the rest of them at 120. I don't have any 4* fully covered, but I've been leveling them up also to 166 to take on DDQ where I could.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interesting that most people so far have saved ISO but not on purpose and have done it due to lack of covers.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interesting that most people so far have saved ISO but not on purpose and have done it due to lack of covers.

To clarify my case, I can drop all 400k iso now with no issue, have plenty of covers to do so. I'm waiting to see how my roster evolves and figure out where it's best served.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    I level all to 102 as soon as possible and now I'm waiting until I get a dozen 3-stars fully covered. Originally I was planning to start leveling them properly once I had six at full covers but the first six ended up being The Hulk, Vision, Beast, She-hulk, Doc Ock, and Gamora so I decided to wait until getting to a dozen...

I have a bit over a million in the bank currently.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have stockpiled iso since anniversary year 1, and have over 1million now, but it's not because of scaling.

I just don't have enough iso for everyone, so I use it only for important characters, and only as needed.

The very important characters are raised to a usable level asap. So imhb has been 200+ ever since I got a 5th red and black, and iron fist/cyclops are both 164. I haven't maxed anyone just because the extra cost doesn't seem worth the added value when iso is so scarce.

I have a complete 3* bench, but but only the top tiers are in the 160s. Everyone else is just raised to 120 when they are featured if I want to compete in that event.

It's a pain that I can't fully enjoy my roster, but even with 1mil+ saved up, I am still millions of iso short, and number grows with each new 4*.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    My current plan is to save ISO until I have about 60K and then I'll level my next 3* that is parked at 120 to 140. Rinse and repeat.
  • I only recently started the 3* transition, I've got over 300k ISO stockpiled already, also because covers are few and far between. I can get one from DDQ whenever I have the essential, but I often don't have the time required to play most events and earn decent covers, sadly.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor

To clarify my case, I can drop all 400k iso now with no issue, have plenty of covers to do so. I'm waiting to see how my roster evolves and figure out where it's best served.

ditto for me, i have 500k but no more top tier 4* covers.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    highest I've let my iso stockpile is about 70k and that was when I was on vacation, just doing ddq and pvp and not really paying attn. to roster. i then maxed daken and had an easy time with his pvp with fist and Cyclops boosted that week and made 1K easily with no shields. i go from project to project. my current project is maxing witch. not sure what my next will be. i hope it is starting on jean, but we'll see. getting to a point where im not sure where to put it. after witch i may sit on some until a 4* gets close enough to pull the trigger on. i usually don't save much.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looking at a pile of 997664 iso now. I don't really save iso in a sense - I used to collect up a heap, then level up my roster by tiers to the desired level in a group, usually when they are buffed for an event. At some point I ran out of characters to level, and recently maxed out my 1*s, then 2*s.

Maybe at some point I'll start pushing everyone up another few levels. Still not seeing any real reason to do so since I'm not actually having trouble getting them to do what I want. Just rostered OML at the start of the Heroic and waiting to see if he does anything to my pvp/pve.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't really fit the poll criteria as most my 3*s are maxed, but I've got over 600k iso8.png. My covered, low tier 4*s aren't worth raising outside 4DDQ so iso just building
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    I almost fit into the 500k+ tier, but I just dropped about 100k on my roster. Now I have about 440,000 ISO or so.

I have all 2* and 3* characters and more than half of the 4*. I like playing PvE, and I like to hot-swap when one character goes down and restock my health packs. It doesn't make sense to max out a few favorites and leave everyone else struggling against AI opponents tuned for higher conpetition.

Soo, I had everyone topped out at 133, until I looked at my ISO at Anniversary 2 and felt I had enough to raise the entire group to 140. Whenever I acquire useable covers, I'll level the character until they hit the 140 wall. At the 133 point, the ISO spend costs are really high conpared to the damage/health gain.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    I used to just spend it as I got it to level whoever I thought would be a strong character to level next, but now I save up about a week to two week's worth (Around 30K) and then dump it all into whatever 3* or 4* needs it - 4*'s coming up in DDQ; or 3*'s I haven't maxed who are either featured or boosted in PvP.

Most of my 4*'s still need their cheap levels, but all my unmaxed 3*'s need the expensive ones.
  • As soon as i get another cover, i level that character immediately to its new max level.
    But because getting covers you need is so difficult, i am now stuck with more than 100.000 ISO and literally nothing to spend it on.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've got about 700k right now and I always like to have a stockpile of 10k+ for skipping in PvP if my slice is dry. I do have my characters soft capped at 140 though. If I took the plunge to 166 I would be down around my minimum. I just happen to like where my MMR and PvE scaling is right now. Interested to see what they have in store because I feel like I am a prime target for what changes they are making.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards

It's because there's not really an iso shortage.