R87 attack tile bugs [merged threads]

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    PorkBelly wrote:
    I'm trying to hold off installing the r87 update until I hear anything.
    It will probably be made a mandatory update soon, to support the upcoming Command Point feature.

In my case (iPhone 6, iOS 9.1) at least, it's not a game-breaking bug. I see things in the wrong order, but if anything it's a touch faster than before rather than showing any lag.

It would be good to get platform/hardware reports from people seeing delay to know whether there's a consistent factor for people seeing slow-down.
  • I notice that the attacks tiles are not doing any damage after a turn. This happen right after I updated the game. Anyone else having this problem?
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Check the "Bugs" subforum: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=9&t=34851
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    The attack tile bug was likely affected from the new 'Victory' banner. I noticed the new Victory banner pops up as soon as you kill someone so you no longer have to sit there watching end-game cascades and such. So what is happening is the Attack tile damage is sped up for this new banner.

I'm not a Programmer or anything but that's what it looks like to me anyway.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Urban_mike wrote:
    I notice that the attacks tiles are not doing any damage after a turn. This happen right after I updated the game. Anyone else having this problem?

Double-check to be sure they're actually not doing damage - what I and other mobile players are seeing is that the damage happens instantly at the end of a turn, before the number floats up from the tile.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    The attack tile bug was likely affected from the new 'Victory' banner. I noticed the new Victory banner pops up as soon as you kill someone so you no longer have to sit there watching end-game cascades and such. So what is happening is the Attack tile damage is sped up for this new banner.

I'm not a Programmer or anything but that's what it looks like to me anyway.
    There are other things that appear to be decoupled from the animation completing. Passive abilities on the enemy team start to trigger before the fists finish flying. The delay is there and feels weird, but there was always a delay at the end of the turn while the animation happened. Now the delay happens before the animation, but other things start happening simultaneously with the animation.

It may take a few iterations for them to smooth things out, but I'm happy they're trying to make changes in this direction. Having to sit through a bunch of pointless cascades and the subsequent triggered abilities is not just annoying; it can cost you points in events.
  • heckbringer
    heckbringer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    With the latest update, my opponent takes damage (as in, their hit points are decreased), then a couple seconds later my attack tiles appear to activate and the little numbers fly up to the right. Used to be that the numbers would fly up and then my opponent would take damage.

It's a bit confusing, and for a little while I thought attack tiles weren't working anymore.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Whatever issues are happening are not PC unique. Using Iron First in the Heroic PVE going on, and the animation/triggering of damage from attack tiles is MASSIVELY slower than it was before. I am on iOS mobile.

Huge delay for each turn. The tiles themselves do appear to be doing damage, but just taking much much longer than prior to the update.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    t looks like if you kill someone , and it ends the turn (match damage, or twin pistols) the attack tiles aren't doing any damage.. other than that, it is doing the damage, lagging, then the damage amount shows up.
  • Mariatortilla1
    Mariatortilla1 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    I was watching the damage count and attack tiles are not working for me. I'm on iOS
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    I'm on Android & am also getting slowed down play with attack tiles. Didn't notice it until I used IF. The match moved significantly slower.
  • Acratin
    Acratin Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Attack tiles aren't doing damage for me, and this is something confirmed on my end. Iron Fist's tile is showing the animation (and slowing), but no damage is being delivered. Today's Clash of the Titans was...tedious for the same reason. Carnage's tiles showed up. Xavier boosted them notably, but there wasn't a single pip of damage done from them. Until, it seems, the very end. I'm not sure, but it looks like the tiles did do damage enough to kill Carnage, just nothing until then.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    There damage is being done still, but events are happening out of order. Your match damage is resolved, then the enemy's health decreases further for the attack tiles, and then the attack tiles show their damage being output but the effect has already been taken off of enemy health so it looks like they do nothing.

Watch the enemy health after doing a simple match 3 (so you know you're not just seeing cascade damage) with some attack tiles out: you'll see it decrease for the match, then decrease further.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    There damage is being done still, but events are happening out of order. Your match damage is resolved, then the enemy's health decreases further for the attack tiles, and then the attack tiles show their damage being output but the effect has already been taken off of enemy health so it looks like they do nothing.

Watch the enemy health after doing a simple match 3 (so you know you're not just seeing cascade damage) with some attack tiles out: you'll see it decrease for the match, then decrease further.

The issue i am seeing is this.. Do match damage to kill someone, or a twin pistol to kill someone and end the turn... under normal circumstances, the next person in line would take the attack tile damage.. currently, they are not (or 3BE is bugged again, and it is counting the attack tiles before his match damage, giving him credit for the kill).
  • bpcontra
    bpcontra Posts: 176
    Anybody notice that IF's attack tiles acts differently after the update? Used to be that if you killed someone with a combo, the attack tiles would hit the next target...now it piles on the dead target. Doesn't make sense and it sucks.

Am I alone in this?
  • Something has changed on this but I thought it was just the animation order. If we no longer hit the next target that would be extremely annoying, especially for survival nodes
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    The damage is being applied right away, so it's downing the opponent. The animation is coming after the fact and making it appear as if the damage is coming later.

It's a known bug.
  • djpt05
    djpt05 Posts: 178
    Anyone else notice since the 11/3 update a lag on attack tile animation? The enemies HP drops right away and then the little fists craaaaaaawl towards the enemy.

Just me?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Missed the sticky topic at the top of the forum?
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Please revert this. I like to see how much my fists are doing when strike tiles are present. I also like to see how much my fists are doing when enemy protect tiles are present. I don't want to do the math myself. We already do enough math because move descriptions for Onslaught, Magnetic Projectiles, and Repulsor Punch etc don't add up the numbers for us.

The animation feels clunky this way and it's ugly to watch as well.