R87 attack tile bugs [merged threads]

donietsche
donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
After the last patch (steam force-update; I'm a pc user) I am experiencing significant slowdowns during matches.

The problem is aggravated by the fact that attack tiles now take a significant amount of time to process at the end of the turn, and by the new victory screen.

Don't know if this is a bug or a feature - I'm specifically talking about the attack tiles - but iirc something similar happened in the past, after an update, and was eventually fixed.

p.s.

needless to say, if this affects only pc users, it's even more of a problem, considering that matches will be significantly longer for a portion of the game base.

Moderator note: merged several threads, gave a unified subject line. Making this sticky since a lot of people are coming to comment on it. -DayvBang

Comments

• chach97
    chach97 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I am experiencing the same thing. It almost looks like the animation for the strike tile is the last thing that occurs. The damage comes off of the health bar a full second before the strike tile animation and sound effect go off. I am also playing the game on the PC using Steam.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2015
    EDIT: This is on Android 5.1 Lollipop.

After the latest patch, if you have an attack tile out at the end of a turn the damage will register on the lead enemy and then you'll see the damage number float up from the tile itself. This should be happening in the other order, and results in the floating-number animation playing while the enemy team is taking its turn. Looks weird.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    I am having this same issue on Android. It has made me lose significant points in my pvp push because of extreme slowdown evert turn while using IF. I am very tinykitty annoyed!
  • donietsche
    I've opened another thread about the issue, although I am experiencing something different, as reported also by other players: i.e., some kind of pause at the end of the turn, while the dmg from tiles is processed (pc player/steam user).
  • CrookedKnight
    Interesting. Edited my post to reflect this is on Android.
  • donietsche
    At least we know that the issue is cross-platform, although it doesn't necessarily have the same effects for everyone. I hope that this get fixed asap.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Came here to post the same thing (also on Android). Glad is not just me.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    I also noticed the "Victory Banner" is nicer and more sparkley....

But it adds nothing to the game, and seems to be (to me) needless fluff.

I hate to point this out, just because you CAN do something to make the game prettier, doesn't mean it should be done...

I do appreciate the good programing, but some of the fluff doesn't add anything to the game.
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Same problem here, and as mentioned above, really slows down the game when using IF, which is especially annoying since he's one of the featured folks in the current pve (which, because it's a heroic, has a limited roster).
  • ArcanaMoon
    ArcanaMoon Posts: 72 Match Maker
    There is a small visual bug with the attack tittles, the totla damage show up before the attack tittle damage show for each attack title, also, is taking a bit longer to do, just use any attack title and you will see what i mean
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Saw this when I updated to R87 too. The player's total comes up way before the individual damage amount floats from the attack tiles. I hunk the AI animation is fine.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am on iOS and I also see this
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also noticed the bug. When attack tiles go off, it seems to place the individual attacks into the middle person's armpit and there is no cumulative damage that used to float over the first in line's head.

As little as I like to take attack tile damage, knowing how much I'm getting hit with per turn helps me decide who takes it!

Please fix this!
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    This bug exists on Steam as well. It looks like the damage animation processes, then a pause, then the attack tile animation.
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    iOS user, getting same slow response for attack tile.

Another bug seems to be moonstone's gravity warp does not see iron fist attack tile. So I take damage instead of the tile swapping.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    This is just a visual flow issue. Since latest update after you complete a turn and have a punch on the board the damage is instantly applied to enemy and then you wait a second or 2 and the punch animation goes off. It just feels odd.
  • CrookedKnight
    That is not a bug, Gravity Warp only affects certain colors of special tiles when it's below level five.
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    That is not a bug, Gravity Warp only affects certain colors of special tiles when it's below level five.

Thanks, checked the detailed power text.

Devs really love her to bits don't they?
  • It happens on iPad as well. Just one causes slowdown and using Mohawk storm creates massive lag
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    Hopefully we'll get a reply from D3 to see if this will be addressed soon, not until the next patch, or ever.

I'm trying to hold off installing the r87 update until I hear anything.