PVP point earnings DRASTICALLY unfair!!

13»

Comments

• PinkPWNAGE wrote:
    I came back after a year hiatus. I now realized why I quit. So frustrating pushing one battle only to be hit for 100 points in the duration of that battle. I've now transitioned to marvel future fight. Pure fun, no frustration to get my marvel fix. D3 will not be getting anymore money from me.

This is really also a carry over of feelings from the galactus event.

Points well made. In theory it should be so simple. I'm in a PVP tournament, and am attacked by a similar team. For some reason, I lose 34 points, and can win back 2 points if I "overcome your attacker." The net effect of being attacked is somehow a loss of 32 points if I vanquish my loss. Ridiculous. The point system is clearly generated by an atari 800. But hey.. instead of fixing structural issues, at least they release a female wolverine.

Let's be honest. D3 has ignored the points issue, as well as the matchmaking issue, where a good 3 star team can be destroyed by a 4 or 5 star team now. Instead they have focused on updates featuring a refreshening of the the victory graphics, some new cover art, and completely gassing all attack tiles. This latest update should be an embarrassment but will probably be just a sign post in the demise of what should have been a great game.

I've said it before. The decisions made by this rudderless team makes one think that sabotage is the goal.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    OJSP wrote:
    Interesting flow of conversation going on here.. i like puzzle solving.
    Blahahah wrote:
    Also there's a difference between someone managing to milk out 400 points in 10 games, and someone milking 300 points out of 20 games.
    Did it happen? Thats what I'm curious about. Things happening is one thing, but I want facts. I wanna know who he was using, who the enemy was using, and so on.
    I can't deny that people do target specific people, but the circumstances make me question validity, as it should with anyone.
    Perhaps, the reason mentioned here is correct, the attacker had a personal vendetta and just happened to find out how to target the person.

I've never tried this, because it seems like an exercise of futility. However,..

What if, the attacker just happened to be in a queue loop with the person he's having the vendetta with.
    Can they beat the person, skip until they appear again, dump points to someone else in the loop, rinse and repeat? With a 5 people in the loop, it's not that hard to find someone again.

The issue comes in the point value. He would have to dump all of his points almost immediately to not skew the numbers down, meaning the other people siphoning them off would need to pull away effectively 60 points every single time. Since he isn't gaining any, he would have to be in the perfect spot, and even then the people siphoning would have to eventually stop because they can't keep up.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:
    One of them is a person with an vendetta making inefficent decisions to continue to attack the same person, the other is an allience-wide concentrated organized assassination.
    I'm not even sure which you're saying is which. In the case of my alliance mate, it was clearly the latter. In the case of the OP, I suspect it was also the latter, because you'd really have to go out of your way to hit the same person 10 times in a row. I can't imagine that this guy didn't also have a beef with the OP. And in either case, it's inefficient attacking, because you're not gaining the points you otherwise would be by hitting better targets. They're not looking to gain points during this, they're looking to send a message... ie "GTFO of my shard"

I'm taking the guess that its likely an inefficent vendetta and probably took more than an hour, but I need more evidence to know for sure that it isn't simply someone taking advantage of opprotunity.