Crash of Titans after Star-Lord: Professor Xavier!@#

13»

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd guess Magneto (his natural enemy?) or Loki - shifting tiles around so you can't hide forever. + for magneto is he also has a AoE nuke that hiding won't help from (if they don't have a shuffle character, I fully expect an AoE character) and he has two over-lapping colors of PX, so you don't have deny colors that are useless to you. Well, that last point is just a helpful one, if only D3 would actually make matchups that did that more often....
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I'd guess Magneto (his natural enemy?) or Loki - shifting tiles around so you can't hide forever. + for magneto is he also has a AoE nuke that hiding won't help from (if they don't have a shuffle character, I fully expect an AoE character) and he has two over-lapping colors of PX, so you don't have deny colors that are useless to you. Well, that last point is just a helpful one, if only D3 would actually make matchups that did that more often....

? Mags doesn't have an aoe. Also, he's already had a turn as an opponent, though the board shakes would have made him a good opponent for px too.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    AoE with two shared colors, no gift tiles:

Goddess shares two colors and has an AoE.

Scarlet Witch shares two colors and has an AoE and a purple battery that could destroy invisible tiles.

KK has an AoE, shares two colors, and board shake to destroy invisibility.

Black Panther has an AoE and two shared colors.

IM40 has an AoE and two shared colors.

Other possibilities:

Rocket and Groot have no AoE, but shares two colors and might destroy invisibility with green and can heal with yellow if you are just matching him to death. Maybe the worst match.

Carnage has the AoE and the gifted attack tiles, but doesn't share colors, so I don't think it will be him.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:

? Mags doesn't have an aoe. Also, he's already had a turn as an opponent, though the board shakes would have made him a good opponent for px too.

Maybe 2* MN!Mags instead of 3*?

His blue would (eventually) nuke the entire board, destroying the invisibility tile and getting some cascade damage after. Red would be a killer, if expensive, and will fight PX for purple.

Would still be "Match to death" though.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT wrote:

I was trying to remember (without opening the thread where I've tracked it) if Mags was opponent. And of course he doesn't have an AOE, what the heck was I thinking here?!?

Well, the board shake and/or AOE to avoid PX hiding thoughts still aren't horrible.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    AoE with two shared colors, no gift tiles:

Goddess shares two colors and has an AoE.

Scarlet Witch shares two colors and has an AoE and a purple battery that could destroy invisible tiles.

KK has an AoE, shares two colors, and board shake to destroy invisibility.

Black Panther has an AoE and two shared colors.

IM40 has an AoE and two shared colors.

Other possibilities:

Rocket and Groot have no AoE, but shares two colors and might destroy invisibility with green and can heal with yellow if you are just matching him to death. Maybe the worst match.

Carnage has the AoE and the gifted attack tiles, but doesn't share colors, so I don't think it will be him.
    Gamora and Star-lord only share one color, same with XFW and XDP. I don't think color mismatch is that big an issue.
  • SnowcaTT
    Quebbster wrote:
    Gamora and Star-lord only share one color, same with XFW and XDP. I don't think color mismatch is that big an issue.

It's a bit of an issue because you can have at max a level 270 (but most won't be that), and you're facing a guaranteed level 270. In many of these matches, color denial is first priority since the abilities are most likely to kill you - but if you color deny to the best of your ability in colors that don't aid you, you'll be falling behind in health while you (the sub 270) low damage-match in colors that don't help while they (the 270) high damage-match in the colors they need.
  • I bet Ant-man team up with Berserker Rage. Pym particle can disarm its invisibility. Berserker Rage can trigger the special ability of Blind Spot. Also, If Blind spot is released before Berserker Rage, invisibility can be disarmed. If after you receive the damage from the blow.
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    I think it's going to be SlowSilver. Because it was good enough for IW.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    vinicius18 wrote:
    I bet Ant-man team up with Berserker Rage. Pym particle can disarm its invisibility. Berserker Rage can trigger the special ability of Blind Spot. Also, If Blind spot is released before Berserker Rage, invisibility can be disarmed. If after you receive the damage from the blow.

Invisibility isn't a trap tile, so I don't think it overwrites.
  • Buret0 wrote:
    vinicius18 wrote:
    I bet Ant-man team up with Berserker Rage. Pym particle can disarm its invisibility. Berserker Rage can trigger the special ability of Blind Spot. Also, If Blind spot is released before Berserker Rage, invisibility can be disarmed. If after you receive the damage from the blow.

Invisibility isn't a trap tile, so I don't think it overwrites.

I've never done the test to see whether you can Subscribe the tile of invisibility. But I think the most likely not affect the tile of invisibility, like you said.
  • Alkyoneus
    Alkyoneus Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    In throwing in my suggesting for Beast. They share colors, have strong ties in the comic books, and beast has an aoe. Boosted to 270 he'd be really strong.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    I would be shocked if it isn't an opponent that gifts special tiles. It will be an obnoxious slog otherwise. They might make the gifted tiles part of a TU though. Hooray, Berserker Rage TU!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeroKarma wrote:
    I would be shocked if it isn't an opponent that gifts special tiles. It will be an obnoxious slog otherwise. They might make the gifted tiles part of a TU though. Hooray, Berserker Rage TU!
    My only issue with gifted tiles via TU is. you only get one chance at them. If they get matched away you're back to match damage only
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    I have a feeling they are going to troll us with a Yelena team up now that she can target invisible tiles.