Crash of Titans after Star-Lord: Professor Xavier!@#

Comments

• Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Enslaved wrote:
    I'm going to guess it'll be Loki with a Grant Invisibility TU.

That would be like one of those old Blindfold Matches in professional wrestling, where you have two guys with their eyes covered, blindly wandering around the ring veeeeeerrrrrrrry slowly, looking for each other.

(Even more hilariously, WCW would call those "Prince of Darkness" matches)
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    If anybody here is from or has visited Thailand, you may be familiar with Muay Thai matches where they put 3-4 fighters in a ring, blindfold them, and let the audience enjoy the fun.

The match you describe would be somewhat less entertaining than that.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    I think the only way to make a 1 on 1 with Xavier interesting is to have an opponent that gives you special tiles for you to buff while invisible. There are 4 characters that give the opposing player special tiles: Patch, Captain Marvel, Elektra and Carnage.

Of these, I think Carnage would make the most interesting opponent. He'll plonk down lots of attack tiles for you to buff, but he also has a nasty board shake that could cost you your invisibility tile, and without that the match will probably be over really quick. I'm actually not entirely sure if his red can damage a solo invisible character, since it does x damage to the main target and Y damage to every other character... but if the X damage is targeted, it probably won't be able to hit Xavier.

It does seem to be even more luck-based than other DDQ nodes so far, though. If you get a few match-5's, the match could be decided really quickly... but if you don't get those and get no purple, you won't stand a chance against any opponent.
    I think Carnage is the most interesting opponent without being totally impossible. His red should still do Y damage. Rushing to invisibility will be important, but not an absolute win button.

The total color mismatch would make AP denial a chore, though.

this will make my job hard work, all my 4 stars are undercovered so I rely on denial and match damage heavily
  • CrookedKnight
    Once Xavier gets his 7 purple, though, denial is all you have to worry about. Not like collecting blue or yellow is going to help you, and all of his matches will activate Blind Spot's special tile buff, not just matches on his strong colors.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Once Xavier gets his 7 purple, though, denial is all you have to worry about. Not like collecting blue or yellow is going to help you, and all of his matches will activate Blind Spot's special tile buff, not just matches on his strong colors.
    Yeah, but without teammates he won't have anything to buff unless he's fighting Carnage, Patch, Captain Marvel, Elektra or someone similar.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Yeah, but without teammates he won't have anything to buff unless he's fighting Carnage, Patch, Captain Marvel, Elektra or someone similar.

To make it even remotely fair, it would have to be carnage. None of the others have an AoE or board shake. So even a 0/1/0 PX could win those.
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    With a 3/1/0 PX i think I am doomed....with no yellow I am basically praying for an inviso and a bunch of match 5s. Another DDQ i can't do icon_e_sad.gif
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    With a 3/1/0 PX i think I am doomed....with no yellow I am basically praying for an inviso and a bunch of match 5s. Another DDQ i can't do icon_e_sad.gif

Yellow is useless in this node anyway, since Prof X doesn't have teammates or a TU to trigger it.
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Can an enemy trigger it? Like Patch? Or is the yellow completely useless?
  • CrookedKnight
    Completely useless, just like Deadpool's black was in his duel with Wolverine.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    His opponent will likely be Juggernaut.. icon_lol.gif
  • So far, there has been a logic to the opponents they have selected so far, so I am fully expecting it to be CMags. There is always a story based connection for these when possible. Better stay invisible and pray. Unfortunately, I only have him at 3/1/0, so it will be tough.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    darthpoo wrote:
    So far, there has been a logic to the opponents they have selected so far, so I am fully expecting it to be CMags. There is always a story based connection for these when possible. Better stay invisible and pray. Unfortunately, I only have him at 3/1/0, so it will be tough.
    We already fought him, he was Nick Fury's opponent
  • Quebbster
    darthpoo wrote:
    So far, there has been a logic to the opponents they have selected so far, so I am fully expecting it to be CMags. There is always a story based connection for these when possible. Better stay invisible and pray. Unfortunately, I only have him at 3/1/0, so it will be tough.
    Storywise there were better opponents for Invisible Woman than Quicksilver. Same for Elektra and Blade. I don't buy that it has to be Classic Magneto.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    darthpoo wrote:
    mnmags would be harder because he has abilities that can remove the inviz tile and would be fighting you for purple.
    Quebbster wrote:
    Storywise there were better opponents for Invisible Woman than Quicksilver. Same for Elektra and Blade. I don't buy that it has to be Classic Magneto.
    sue had to have an aoe or the fight would be a joke. if they follow the same logic for px, you can narrow the field down, but not sure if they'll keep that philosophy or not.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Time, and time again the developers have proven to be sadistic tinykitties. Why would they make this any different, why would they allow the buff ability to be useful?

The match will as usual be a luck based event. Get enough match 5's and you win. Don't, and you lose. But again "you are supposed to lose".
  • Merrick wrote:
    Time, and time again the developers have proven to be sadistic tinykitties. Why would they make this any different, why would they allow the buff ability to be useful?

The match will as usual be a luck based event. Get enough match 5's and you win. Don't, and you lose. But again "you are supposed to lose".

I honestly wonder if the AI assigned team up is random in most events, with only "All character pool" and "Villians pool" to distinguish them.

Like, the Ant-Man vs Jean Grey one gave Jean an 2* Torch Inferno teamup, which did destroy some of Jean's purple AP for her big nuke, and also provided some Attack tiles that Ant Man's blue could steal without being put behind one of her mega-powerful moves.

It was a pretty appropriate team up for the fight.

But again, this assumes they can even manually choose an AI teamup...
  • Quebbster
    colwag wrote:
    Merrick wrote:

I honestly wonder if the AI assigned team up is random in most events, with only "All character pool" and "Villians pool" to distinguish them.

Like, the Ant-Man vs Jean Grey one gave Jean an 2* Torch Inferno teamup, which did destroy some of Jean's purple AP for her big nuke, and also provided some Attack tiles that Ant Man's blue could steal without being put behind one of her mega-powerful moves.

It was a pretty appropriate team up for the fight.

But again, this assumes they can even manually choose an AI teamup...
    When teamups were introduced villain PvE teams only got villain teamups. People got pretty fed up with Sentry teamups pretty fast, particularly since this was before his nerf.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    not to get too sidetracked, but I've been seeing a lot of powerful team-ups lately. in pve its no biggie, but in pvp, aggressive recon, dp red, panther black, xforce black - seen all of them lately and these are types that can completely turn the tide of a match, which seems silly to me when I'm having to take on full 4* teams mostly.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    rdevil32 wrote:
    Sorry I have to do this - can the OP be corrected to "Clash" please? The Titans do not "Crash"

This is what the 4* DDQ node is called. Nothing needs to be corrected.

sadtrombone.com