Patch Notes - R87 (11/02/15)*Updated

124»

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*Updates: 3:55 PM PST, 11/04/15

New "Victory" screen:
      -The new version of the "Victory" message is being removed and may be revisited at a later date.

Thanks!

Can you tell us why? I'm just curious. I know there was a thread of people on here making fun of it, but I actually liked it. Not enough to be upset that it's gone, but liked it nonetheless.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    New "Victory" screen:
      -The new version of the "Victory" message is being removed and may be revisited at a later date.

See, this is why we can't have nice things.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Regarding the Victory banner -
    My understanding is that the artist would like to take another pass at it. So, a new version may be added again in the future.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    I don't have strong opinions about the banner itself, but I do kinda enjoy the new "BAM!" sound effect that accompanies it. Satisfyingly 80s.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    udonomefoo wrote:
    "David wrote:

New "Victory" screen:

Thanks!

Can you tell us why? I'm just curious. I know there was a thread of people on here making fun of it, but I actually liked it. Not enough to be upset that it's gone, but liked it nonetheless.

I can give a couple reasons:

- nobody asked for it

- time better spent on important things your customers are asking for

- it's got blurry graphics all over the place on iPad and iPhone

- nobody asked for it
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    I liked it. Looking forward to what they come up with next!
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    mjh wrote:

- nobody asked for it

- nobody asked for it
    Where are the reasons to remove it? I don't see any in your post... I only see reasons why they should not make it, but I don't see the reasons to remove it after they made it.
  • Lukoil wrote:
    mjh wrote:

- nobody asked for it

- nobody asked for it
    Where are the reasons to remove it? I don't see any in your post... I only see reasons why they should not make it, but I don't see the reasons to remove it after they made it.

Apparently they decided to remove it, which to me says there is some sort of issue. Be it bandwidth, timing, or who knows what.
    "David wrote:

New "Victory" screen:

Point blank, they should focus on issues like the game crashing, rewards points for losing / winning pvp matches, and matchmaking before they puke out ill conceived and poorly put together upgrades.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Because their art guys totally would be coding all the stuff "we asked for". icon_rolleyes.gif
  • I presumed it was indirectly responsible for the Attack Tile lag?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gaudium wrote:
    Apparently they decided to remove it, which to me says there is some sort of issue.
    I heard they got sued by the "More You Know" people. They hold the patent on flying stars.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Because their art guys totally would be coding all the stuff "we asked for". icon_rolleyes.gif

It would explain a lot though if that was true. icon_lol.gif