Patch Notes - R87 (11/02/15)*Updated

Comments

• the last patch not even last a week(maybe?) and now there's another one.

what's new(to new player?, yes thats new i think)
    -blade pvp
    -heroic pve(p)
    (i feel like dejavu reading patch note R87 & R86)

what's better
    - new victory screen. . . wait, whaat doing a instant next fight button would be great
    - train button easier to push. . .very rare doing level up on that one
    - star-lord <snip>. . . (a least used character)
    - docock green. . . if he steal 3 ap all color that's really got better, three star land lack a "true" ap stealer character(like purple obw i mean), blade/psylocke too slow, the hood too squishy, and the loki too awkward(gambling), and me too complaining icon_razz.gif (forgot 4star i ain't use any and not gonna use obw too. . . squishy)

okay that just my opinion/feedback, i really hoping that what get better. . . . . really got better, anyway there obw crit tile mid air match bug, and doom enemy trap re-write player doom trap bug.
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    the last patch not even last a week(maybe?) and now there's another one.

- docock green. . . if he steal 3 ap all color that's really got better, three star land lack a "true" ap stealer character(like purple obw i mean), blade/psylocke too slow, the hood too squishy, and the loki too awkward(gambling), and me too complaining icon_razz.gif (forgot 4star i ain't use any and not gonna use obw too. . . squishy)

I don't think this is an improvement. I think this is a prevention of the ability if he can't steal any ap (ie there's none to steal), yes?
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    New "Victory" screen!
    Can we have similar this? - https://i.gyazo.com/37d47f03fc622a6237b ... 42b66b.png icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    SolidQ wrote:
    New "Victory" screen!
    Can we have similar this? - https://i.gyazo.com/37d47f03fc622a6237b ... 42b66b.png icon_e_biggrin.gif

Only replace XP with Iso. Wow is that a much better option than the wheel o' 20iso that our current battle system has.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    SolidQ wrote:
    New "Victory" screen!

Only replace XP with Iso. Wow is that a much better option than the wheel o' 20iso that our current battle system has.
    I would love to see the game reward us, even in a small way, for certain types of moves like this. I miss the gold collecting in early PQ games.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler

Nice idea, but i think devs say "20 iso is best reward for you(players in game)" icon_lol.gif
  • GTannen73
    GTannen73 Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]- Star-Lord’s ability, Sleight of Hand, can now target Cosmic tiles.

Star-Lord's DDQ opponent confirmed icon_eek.gif
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Has any fix been done for Old Man Logan when going to alternative mode without yellow collapsing the game?
  • DayvBang wrote:
    I kinda like Star-Lord yes CD powers are a bit pants but if you play strategically they can be useful, plus this now makes Star-Lord the only anti surfer character in the game.
    Surfer doesn't make cosmic tiles. Only Galactus does.
    Does this mean we'll be seeing GH again soon? Or maybe more often?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has any fix been done for Old Man Logan when going to alternative mode without yellow collapsing the game?
    According to one player in the Bugs thread on this issue, it has been fixed.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    DayvBang wrote:
    According to one player in the Bugs thread on this issue, it has been fixed.

I can confirm it is fixed.
  • Frank NewCastle
    Frank NewCastle Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Blade runs with the Versus Stakes. Tragedy ensues. Should have listened to your Kindergarten teacher, Blade.

LOL icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]R87 Patch Notes

- Doctor Octopus no longer able to drain AP from an opponent that doesn’t have any AP. [/list]

Honestly this really makes me scratch my head. I mean yes now it is working as intended but on an extremely underused character and likely his weakest power why go to all the trouble to fix it and make it worse?? If you are going to the trouble why not make a quick switch for that component of the power and change it to a mini Rulk, drain 2 green generate 2 green....the mechanic is already in the game so you don't have to invent a new mechanic to do it. I know the Devs get enough negative feedback as it is and I'm not trying to add to it just generally curious why extremely minorly nerf an underused character instead of leaving it alone or buffing for the same amount of effort?
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Seems like the patch has slowed down gameplay. When I use IF, which is almost every round, I make a match and then there's a delay (a second or two), between my match and the attack tile hitting. That delay was never there before.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    I like how the strongest color is shown (BP's Black) but it's wrong.....on the heroic I played the BP essential, it says purple but generated black.
  • nic13
    nic13 Posts: 87
    Hi, what's the improvement to the Train button? It feels exactly the same to me. ..
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    rbdragon wrote:
    I like how the strongest color is shown (BP's Black) but it's wrong.....on the heroic I played the BP essential, it says purple but generated black.

It changes when someone dies, so if you use Rage, and it kills 2 and leaves 1, the AP generated, since it is the secondary after damage, is given to the strongest color of the living goon/character. Tested this a couple times after reading your post.
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    rbdragon wrote:

?? I am not seeing this in game? Are you referring to the different color crystals above the characters? If so those just indicate characters that are boosted
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    The team up inventory counter is gone. Is this an intentional change
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    SangFroid wrote:
    rbdragon wrote:

?? I am not seeing this in game? Are you referring to the different color crystals above the characters? If so those just indicate characters that are boosted

Like most things MPQ, there's been a poor job of relaying the information about anything new / changes. If you check the description of the powers, it'll indicate strongest color. I was playing the Ares node in DA Heroic, and Black Panther's black power indicated Green in the description of Rage of the Panther. When I downed him, it changed to Purple in the description. Although it's nice that they've indicated the strongest color, it could be improved. I posted a suggestion on how that could be done link
    lukewin wrote:
    A suggestion to indicate the AI's strongest color, similar to the way ownership of goon's countdown tiles are indicated. It wouldn't require anything to be added to the current setup on the display / front-end. If you swap to a different AI character, the tiles of the strongest color flashes.