Patch Notes - R87 (11/02/15)*Updated

Comments

• GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]- The "Train" button now easier to press in the Character Select screen.

Unfortunately, pressing this button plays a MIDI version of "Drops of Jupiter." There is no stop button.

Why would you want it to stop?
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    It's a very minor thing, but allowing Star Lord to target cosmic tiles seems nicely appropriate for the character. Quill is good at gumming up the works for all kinds of beings.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    New Attack tile animation is rather confusing in this update. When an attack tile triggers the opponent's health updates immediately, followed by a short delay when the attack tile damage animation moves the damage amount from the board to the character. Coupled with the entire board shifting left it makes it look like the Attack tile "missed" the AI character and didn't do any damage at all.

Would much prefer the previous animation where the character's health total didn't update until the attack tile animation completed and the damage amount reached the character icon.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    SangFroid wrote:
    rbdragon wrote:
    I like how the strongest color is shown (BP's Black) but it's wrong.....on the heroic I played the BP essential, it says purple but generated black.

?? I am not seeing this in game? Are you referring to the different color crystals above the characters? If so those just indicate characters that are boosted
    It's been added to the ability text.

Now that I know they can do this, I'd love to see them expand this to other abilities that force you to count tiles to calculate damage. (like cMags blueflag.png and redflag.png)
  • Anybody else notice that Pym particles and Dr. Octopus' Insult to Injury don't actually take damage off anymore with their strike tiles? Is this a bug from the patch? Also, my vault results don't match from what I actually get as opposed to what it shows I get. Anyone else have these issues? I think it might be patch related.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Look closely at the damage done at the end of the turn -- attack tile damage is now registering before the numbers float up to the top of the screen, rather than after.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    SangFroid wrote:
    rbdragon wrote:
    I like how the strongest color is shown (BP's Black) but it's wrong.....on the heroic I played the BP essential, it says purple but generated black.

?? I am not seeing this in game? Are you referring to the different color crystals above the characters? If so those just indicate characters that are boosted

You have to look at the abilities that refer to strongest colour, in their details they list what is currently the strongest colour of the team it affects.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anybody notice an issue with attack tiles? I am using IF and the attack tiles are not doing damage. The attack tiles arak so not using strike tiles as well. I killed an enemy with match damage and the attack tile did nothing to the next opponent. Am I crazy or do the attack tiles now have issues?
  • - The "Train" button now easier to press in the Character Select screen.

Little confused by this. I'm still pressing and holding to train characters. Is it just more sparkley when you have enough to train them and you select the character for battle?

I'm assuming this isn't the click one button to train feature. Or if it is then how do I do that?
  • Cool update, now attack tiles do not show the amount of damage they are dealing. Or deal damage at all?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Cool update, now attack tiles do not show the amount of damage they are dealing. Or deal damage at all?
    '
    It looks like if you kill someone , and it ends the turn (match damage, or twin pistols) it isn't doing any damage.. other than that, it is doing the damage, lagging, then the damage amount shows up.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    What did you guys change with attack tiles and the time it takes to end a turn???
    I just went to shield hop and played against Iron Fist and the match took 4 times the time it normally does.
    Got absolutely killed while in match. Thanks D3 great **** "update". icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif
  • If damage from Attack tiles is being added to your match damage instead, does that mean Stike tile damage is only being added once, rather than twice?
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    I really wish I could know the reason why a Red Name can't say something along the lines of "We're really sorry, but we couldn't get the 'Train' button patch that we wanted. We were hoping it would be ready, but it wasn't and we'd rather wait until it's perfect and ready to go before we released it to prevent bugs and issues on the players' end."

I've seen Ice on and communicating plenty of times since this has been brought up. I'm sure there's got to be a reason other than "We're choosing to ignore this". It's just frustrating, because without knowing why, that's what it seems like.
    No, this feature isn't integral to gameplay. Yes, I personally appreciate that it's at least being looked at. I just can't imagine how difficult it would be to remedy and why on earth it's taken this long in the first place.

TL;DR WHY NO TRAIN FEATURE FIX?!
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    If damage from Attack tiles is being added to your match damage instead, does that mean Stike tile damage is only being added once, rather than twice?

No, it's still two distinct hits, they just happen one right after the other, without an animation. If you watch the enemy's life it'll drop twice in quick succession, and then the attack tile will pulse.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    If damage from Attack tiles is being added to your match damage instead, does that mean Stike tile damage is only being added once, rather than twice?

No, it's still two distinct hits, they just happen one right after the other, without an animation. If you watch the enemy's life it'll drop twice in quick succession, and then the attack tile will pulse.
    it has the appearance of obw black with health dropping one behind the other (match damage first, then immediately the attack tile is applied), then the attack tile appears to fire, but nothing happens to the health because it already happened. not a fan of this change - has anyone mentioned if this was intentional, for a purpose, or if it was unintentional and will likely be fixed at some point?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hi everyone,

The developers have been investigating issues that have been reported post-R87. If I get a time frame for any fixes I'll post again.

Thanks for the reports.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a very minor thing, but allowing Star Lord to target cosmic tiles seems nicely appropriate for the character. Quill is good at gumming up the works for all kinds of beings.
    I suspect it is a combination of flavor and an upcoming Gauntlet/Simulator with Star-Lord as an Essential character.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    so tomorrow morning should I be waiting to do my ddq or do any time like normal? will the update be pushed in conjunction with ddq flip?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    *Updates: 3:55 PM PST, 11/04/15

Reported Issues;

Attack tiles/gameplay slowdown:
      - A fix has been worked on for the reported Attack tile/slowdown issues and is planned for the R89 update. Because the fix requires a client update (and R88 has already been submitted to first parties) it's looking like it will be approximately 4 weeks before the fix arrives in R89.

"Strongest color" update:
      - The developers are aware of a few issues with the dynamic listing of strongest colors and are looking to fix them as soon as they can. We don't have a fix time frame to provide, but when ready, this can be corrected via a server update (without waiting for a major patch).

New "Victory" screen:
      -The new version of the "Victory" message is being removed and may be revisited at a later date.

Thanks!