Gorgon + Wolvie + Red Feeder

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    I did also say any stun character (just so happens that my best covered stun is Storm) if you also have someone tank for her then she won't be dead in 6 turns due to match damage as she will never see match damage. I stick CStorm in many of my teams (despite her being lower levelled) just because that wind storm is a nifty ability.
    But you still didn't say what levels you're seeing. I just don't think stunlocking is going to work when you've got 3 characters who can one-shot you, who are generating their own AP to do so, unless you can take out the battery really, really fast. Which is hard when he's got 13k+ health.

I'm seeing level 135 enemies, and my advice is still solid. I do get that what you are saying is that someone seeing higher level enemies this might not be a valid tactic but there are a lot of people who are not 2 year vets with maxed out 3* rosters, for anybody at the transitioning stage of 2-3* or below my advice could be construed as very helpful.

3* spidey has a pretty quick stunlock which could maybe work for levels above, possibly switch although that's less useful
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    My "the gorgon" node, Gorgon/Wolve/Goon has 16k/13k/13k health. I almost fainted just looking at that. When will the developers get it through their heads that designing nodes where you have to get lucky with cascades in the first 4-5 turns is awful, lazy design.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Charlies Angels just did all 3 of those high level nodes without needing a single health pack for anyone.. not sure what the issue is icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    cyineedsn wrote:
    My "the gorgon" node, Gorgon/Wolve/Goon has 16k/13k/13k health. I almost fainted just looking at that. When will the developers get it through their heads that designing nodes where you have to get lucky with cascades in the first 4-5 turns is awful, lazy design.

When enough people stop playing them to actually impact their data numbers. So....never.
  • OneLastGambit
    Honestly I understand why people feel daunted when they see high health for their nodes but try to ignore it. As someone who regularly match damage kills OP Juggernaut to death I'm always ready for the long fight. I look only at whether or not I can successfully deny critical colours when I'm against OP opponents. It's long and arduous but it can be successful.

For some of the nodes I threw in my boosted Vision who tanked blue for CStorm and he basically just acted as a damage sponge and allowed me to collect enough to use wind storm on Wolvie first and then gorgon, then the fight was manageable after that.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Honestly I understand why people feel daunted when they see high health for their nodes but try to ignore it.

I don't understand your impulse to give advice to people who have more experience with the game than you, and who are seeing enemy levels twice, even three times what your'e seeing. That said, 2* Storm is perfectly viable in these nodes. . . for me. . . as long as she's hiding behind someone. I've had luck on these nodes pairing her with Hulk and KK. I'm seeing levels twice yours. Simonsez and other 4* players are seeing levels three times yours, and even Hulk is probably downed after just two hits.
  • sc0ville
    sc0ville Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2015
    Bear in mind, the players with underleveled rosters are not only seeing less health and damage, but their enemies also don't have fully covered abilities.

They're just not playing the same game at that point, and of course it doesn't seem like a problem to them. It isn't a problem... for them. It's frustrating and the opposite of fun for people that are facing fully leveled/fully covered opponents that have more health than can be dealt with in a timely fashion.

Thankfully I'm just playing this even for iso/tokens and don't care about grinding the nodes down, that's where it gets particularly obnoxious.
  • stowaway wrote:
    Honestly I understand why people feel daunted when they see high health for their nodes but try to ignore it.

I don't understand your impulse to give advice to people who have more experience with the game than you, and who are seeing enemy levels twice, even three times what your'e seeing. That said, 2* Storm is perfectly viable in these nodes. . . for me. . . as long as she's hiding behind someone. I've had luck on these nodes pairing her with Hulk and KK. I'm seeing levels twice yours. Simonsez and other 4* players are seeing levels three times yours, and even Hulk is probably downed after just two hits.

My hulk lasted 3 hits. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    stowaway wrote:

I'm not giving advice to vets, my advice is for people at my level. At no point did I state my advice was designed for people with fully covered and levelled 4* characters, you're right though. Perhaps the forum should only ever be filled with advice for the upper tier players.

When starting out on this game many people on this forum were very helpful to me and gave me advice which clearly would be useless to a high level player but was great for me. I'm simply doing the same. The fact that you said you also had luck with CStorm simply proves my point that this tactic even works when the enemy levels are higher, maybe not all the time but it's still a viable tactic.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    I'm not giving advice to vets, my advice is for people at my level. At no point did I state my advice was designed for people with fully covered and levelled 4* characters, you're right though. Perhaps the forum should only ever be filled with advice for the upper tier players.

Look, I'm the last person to have a snobby attitude about what level a person is playing at. I just don't see the newer players your advice is intended for. The forums are stale with people who have been around forever, that's just how it is, and we're talking about a sub that's designed to piss us off, because it's the narrative turning point of the story (such as it is). They make something with the intention of annoying us, we're going to come to the forums in an annoyed mood.
  • OneLastGambit
    stowaway wrote:

Look, I'm the last person to have a snobby attitude about what level a person is playing at. I just don't see the newer players your advice is intended for. The forums are stale with people who have been around forever, that's just how it is, and we're talking about a sub that's designed to piss us off, because it's the narrative turning point of the story (such as it is). They make something with the intention of annoying us, we're going to come to the forums in an annoyed mood.

I think this is a discussion which could quickly descend into something which will lock the thread. My apologies if what I said was not helpful to anybody on the forum, I'll keep any advice to myself in future. Enjoy the event
  • OneLastGambit
    My apologies, I got it wrong about my villain levels earlier. Last node on Hand tower had Lvl 205 characters not 130's
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    I weirdly enjoyed Hell's Kitchen. An essential Vision is just such a badass and makes the matches crazy fast and a boosted Daken helps. His Blue makes regular matches do absolutely bonkers damage and if he tanks all three of his colours plus TUs getting two or three matches a move means a dead Gorgon in just a couple of moves. A full clear was extremely fast to do.
  • OneLastGambit
    I weirdly enjoyed Hell's Kitchen. An essential Vision is just such a badass and makes the matches crazy fast and a boosted Daken helps. His Blue makes regular matches do absolutely bonkers damage and if he tanks all three of his colours plus TUs getting two or three matches a move means a dead Gorgon in just a couple of moves. A full clear was extremely fast to do.

How long have you been playing? the game in general I mean?
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker

How long have you been playing? the game in general I mean?
    A bit over six months. Why? My Vision is fully, optimally covered if that's what you think.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vision does so little for me, even optimally covered, that I'm annoyed I can't swap him out for another unboosted 3*. He's good for taking some big hits since I won't use him anywhere but his essential nodes.

Pretty much I accept that someone is going to get hurt badly on my team with nodes like these, so I just keep a stiff upper lip about it and clear it for the guaranteed reward and points. Then I spend my time on nodes that will help me toward my real goal of the progression rewards.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vision does so little for me, even optimally covered, that I'm annoyed I can't swap him out for another unboosted 3*. He's good for taking some big hits since I won't use him anywhere but his essential nodes.

Pretty much I accept that someone is going to get hurt badly on my team with nodes like these, so I just keep a stiff upper lip about it and clear it for the guaranteed reward and points. Then I spend my time on nodes that will help me toward my real goal of the progression rewards.

@ 5/5/3 lvl 140 (unbuffed) Vision, when essential buffed, as he is now, is doing over 1k per simple match 3 damage when his cheap blue is out... toss in KK and Hood, for AP steals and heals.. his essential nodes are the easiest ones...

he is a certified killer.. with a great aoe . Even unbuffed, he is pretty good.. Just make sure he tanks enough colors, and he can be the star.
  • OneLastGambit
    Malcrof wrote:

@ 5/5/3 lvl 140 (unbuffed) Vision, when essential buffed, as he is now, is doing over 1k per simple match 3 damage when his cheap blue is out... toss in KK and Hood, for AP steals and heals.. his essential nodes are the easiest ones...

he is a certified killer.. with a great aoe . Even unbuffed, he is pretty good.. Just make sure he tanks enough colors, and he can be the star.

I've been wondering this about Vision, using him as a loaner once I thought I saw potential in him so I'm glad my gamble to keep him will eventually seem sound
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    The only good thing about Hell's Kitchen is that since there are no survival nodes the number of points you can get from it is relatively tiny compared to the rest of the event, and therefore grinding it isn't as big of a deal.

Excellent point. I spent about 3 hours grinding on day 4, and still ended up leaving a few thousand points on the table, because the survivals were taking 10-15 minutes to clear each time. icon_redface.gif Well, I guess 2 hours should be more than enough for day 5. icon_lol.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    simonsez wrote:
    Tough nodes but CStorm (or any stun character really) can get through them ok.
    People should be required to state their opponent's levels when offering PvE advice. I'm not up to this sub yet, but based on past experience, my CStorm would be dead in 6 turns from match damage alone, never mind the fed red abilities.

I cleared the node at lvl 225 with Witch CStorm and Cmags....and max AP boosts. Witch fuels Cmags fuels CStorm. Cstorm is buffed and hits like a truck. Even so, I had to protect her with Witch's buffed health to get the third, match-winning AoE off.

If I was trying to reach max prog, or for placement (yeah, right!), I would just throw Charlie's Angels at it. I'm just doing a single clear, so it was "fun" beating it "honestly".
    Polares wrote:
    In fact, are we going to get to 170k? Right now I am at 95k, in this sub we will get like 12-15k more, so we need to get 60k in two days...

The last 2 subs in EotS, The Fortress and Nick Fury Rescue, are gold mines. Don't burn yourself out on Hell's Kitchen, it's the low-scoring low-point of this event, always has been. Rest easy knowing huge points are ahead. Yes, you can make it.

I'm not sure I'd class fortress as a goldmine, thus far it has yielded only 11k points from 2 clears and hitting the survivals twice more with 12 hours left to go. Cursing my decision not to grind those points heavy survival nodes from earlier subs