Gorgon + Wolvie + Red Feeder

Indeed Hells Kitchen.

Nuff said

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tough nodes but CStorm (or any stun character really) can get through them ok. My biggest complaint is all the nodes have gone from being worth 2k points to 500 again?
  • Tough nodes but CStorm (or any stun character really) can get through them ok. My biggest complaint is all the nodes have gone from being worth 2k points to 500 again?

Point change is a feature to improve player enjoyment.

Are you enjoying?
  • They need to implement something where you can see what characters are coming in the waves. Nothing worse than clearing wave 4 of 5 to have Wolverine show up and immediately down someone with an adamantium slash before you can do anything about it.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only good thing about Hell's Kitchen is that since there are no survival nodes the number of points you can get from it is relatively tiny compared to the rest of the event, and therefore grinding it isn't as big of a deal.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tough nodes but CStorm (or any stun character really) can get through them ok.
    People should be required to state their opponent's levels when offering PvE advice. I'm not up to this sub yet, but based on past experience, my CStorm would be dead in 6 turns from match damage alone, never mind the fed red abilities.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    They need to implement something where you can see what characters are coming in the waves. Nothing worse than clearing wave 4 of 5 to have Wolverine show up and immediately down someone with an adamantium slash before you can do anything about it.

Assume a board mover is coming in every wave and finish any given wave off with a power.
  • CrookedKnight
    Likewise, if there are more than three enemies in a wave, assume that the enemy prepared to swap in when you kill something is Wolverine/Gorgon.
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Why do we still have feeders? There is no challenge, only pure frustration, to look at Hood, Wolverine, Gorgon, Doctor Doom, etc. given their AP on silver platters for what amounts to zero effort on their part.
    Even if you're given three Dark Avengers to fight, at least you know everything they do comes from the board and the player can manipulate the board to the best of their ability to tip the scales. You can't do that with Wolverine + 2 Hand or Hood + 2 Maggia. You can only watch as they get +4 redtile.png / yellowtile.png a turn before they unload a potential one-shot ability. The "strategy" for the fight is "Get a good board in 4 turns or less."

I've never seen a single post defending these nodes on these forums. Surely the awesomeness-per-person-per-day model take into account the drastically lower enjoyment players have over fighting feeder nodes.
  • The "strategy" for the fight is "Get a good board in 4 turns or less."
    Complain, complain. Original Galactus was a whole turn faster! icon_lol.gif
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Why do we still have feeders? There is no challenge, only pure frustration, to look at Hood, Wolverine, Gorgon, Doctor Doom, etc. given their AP on silver platters for what amounts to zero effort on their part.
    Even if you're given three Dark Avengers to fight, at least you know everything they do comes from the board and the player can manipulate the board to the best of their ability to tip the scales. You can't do that with Wolverine + 2 Hand or Hood + 2 Maggia. You can only watch as they get +4 redtile.png / yellowtile.png a turn before they unload a potential one-shot ability. The "strategy" for the fight is "Get a good board in 4 turns or less."

I've never seen a single post defending these nodes on these forums. Surely the awesomeness-per-person-per-day model take into account the drastically lower enjoyment players have over fighting feeder nodes.

Wolverine and Gorgon with feeders is probably second to Ares with TWO green feeders when it comes to the "Oh **** you" set ups in the game.

I've always thought there should be 2 pools of AP in these cases. The goons have one and the character another. Otherwise it completely changes the regular strategy of deny a character a certain color/colors to avoid the big moves or making sure you leave yourself room to match goons abilities to something highly annoying. It might make sense if it was a bigger/more important node (with better rewards), but it's just a run of the mill node that exists to suck health packs. I'm already annoyed that characters don't have any weak colors when they have goons (Wolverine matching purple is about as strong as Wolverine matching yellow), I don't need more frustration.
  • CrookedKnight
    I'd rather fight Wolverine and Gorgon with one feeder than either of them with two.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Splarne wrote:
    Tough nodes but CStorm (or any stun character really) can get through them ok. My biggest complaint is all the nodes have gone from being worth 2k points to 500 again?

Are you enjoying?

In fact, are we going to get to 170k?

Right now I am at 95k, in this sub we will get like 12-15k more, so we need to get 60k in two days ( in todays sub I got 32k so I suppose it is feasible but If I remember correctly, last enemy of the state I got the legendary the day before and I doubt that it is going to happen now). Have they raised the scores for the rewards?

And yes, it would really be nice if we could see what is comming before we select the team for the node...
  • Kyllian
    Kyllian Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    I'd rather fight Wolverine and Gorgon with one feeder than either of them with two.

This!
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    Getting a sub that basically will add up to more or less 20K (even with grinding at the end of the sub) in the second half of a 7 days event is what frustrates me the most. icon_evil.gif

Don't get me wrong, Goon feeders should be removed by getting their own pool of AP or something but getting behind the pace for the Legendary token is what gets under my skin.

This sub will not be enough points to keep up with the daily average needed to reach progression & basically force everyone to grind more later on. Being the second time this happens in this event (the first one being the first 48 sub that tallied much less per day than the needed average as well), it is getting to be very hard work to get to that one token over 7 days.

I get it that the last subs will be more plentiful with very high paying survival nodes (Wasn't there one worth 6k or something last time?) but still, it is frustrating to go through those subs for a reward that might not be as good as one would want.

I will get there no matter what as I've put way too much time grinding towards the Legendary token to stop now but...

Never again Enemy of the State. Never again.
  • I'd rather fight Wolverine and Gorgon with one feeder than either of them with two.

Then in this case, if you dont down the feeder first, wolvie and gorgon will go berserk with their red ability.
    When there is wolvie/gorgon with 2 feeders, it can be faster to just focus on wolvie by probably stunning him quickly if possible
  • Carnage_78 wrote:
    Getting a sub that basically will add up to more or less 20K (even with grinding at the end of the sub) in the second half of a 7 days event is what frustrates me the most. icon_evil.gif

Don't get me wrong, Goon feeders should be removed by getting their own pool of AP or something but getting behind the pace for the Legendary token is what gets under my skin.

This sub will not be enough points to keep up with the daily average needed to reach progression & basically force everyone to grind more later on. Being the second time this happens in this event (the first one being the first 48 sub that tallied much less per day than the needed average as well), it is getting to be very hard work to get to that one token over 7 days.

I get it that the last subs will be more plentiful with very high paying survival nodes (Wasn't there one worth 6k or something last time?) but still, it is frustrating to go through those subs for a reward that might not be as good as one would want.

I will get there no matter what as I've put way too much time grinding towards the Legendary token to stop now but...

Never again Enemy of the State. Never again.

Yeah, not only does this sub offers the lowest point considerably, the last sub dont reward you with a token
    It seems like it is a rest day kind of sub, but everyone knows that every point counts since we dont know what is going to come in the last two subs. Hence, everyone will still continue grinding hells kitchen even though it is pretty bad atm.
  • Seantw05
    Seantw05 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Polares wrote:
    Splarne wrote:

Are you enjoying?

In fact, are we going to get to 170k?

Right now I am at 95k, in this sub we will get like 12-15k more, so we need to get 60k in two days ( in todays sub I got 32k so I suppose it is feasible but If I remember correctly, last enemy of the state I got the legendary the day before and I doubt that it is going to happen now). Have they raised the scores for the rewards?

And yes, it would really be nice if we could see what is comming before we select the team for the node...

If I recall correctly, survival nodes will return in one of these last two subs. The essential and final node will be worth about 4-6k each so that should go a long way to getting you there. Top scores in this event are 240-250k I believe

And I don't believe they had added the LT progression yet for the last run of EotS. It hasn't been introduced until The Hulk event in mid-September
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Tough nodes but CStorm (or any stun character really) can get through them ok.
    People should be required to state their opponent's levels when offering PvE advice. I'm not up to this sub yet, but based on past experience, my CStorm would be dead in 6 turns from match damage alone, never mind the fed red abilities.

I did also say any stun character (just so happens that my best covered stun is Storm) if you also have someone tank for her then she won't be dead in 6 turns due to match damage as she will never see match damage. I stick CStorm in many of my teams (despite her being lower levelled) just because that wind storm is a nifty ability.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    yeah, tried that...

that node is galactus light.

i went in without any boosts with thor, mags and hawkeye and obliterated that node in 7 turns, which included two full (meaning all 4cd tiles) speedshots.

tried it again with the same team, and some more tries where i swapped thor with vision or storm. use +2 b/g boost, +2 all boost and died every time without ever getting a single speedshot or even a purple match

with hawkeye buffed, i have no reason to use one of my undercovered 3*, so i kill everything with speedshot. like galactus, that strategy needs a good board.
    but give me a purple starved board, spam shurikens, adamantium slash and that "i stun you for the rest of the game" cd tile from gorgon and i happily ragequit and will stop playing that [expletive] right after the vision reward. take that, gorgon!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did also say any stun character (just so happens that my best covered stun is Storm) if you also have someone tank for her then she won't be dead in 6 turns due to match damage as she will never see match damage. I stick CStorm in many of my teams (despite her being lower levelled) just because that wind storm is a nifty ability.
    But you still didn't say what levels you're seeing. I just don't think stunlocking is going to work when you've got 3 characters who can one-shot you, who are generating their own AP to do so, unless you can take out the battery really, really fast. Which is hard when he's got 13k+ health.