PVE: Enemy of the State 22 Oct - 30 Oct

Options

Comments

• Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Final sub is actually worth 11366 points. Vision's required node alone is 3866 and it's fairly straightforward, so that will be a huge chunk of points at the end. Legendary isn't too bad this time!

Final node was a pain, they killed my KK at wave 3 but LCap toughed his way through the rest throwing his shield every which way. Good stuff, but grinding it will suck.
  • Wintersmith
    Wintersmith Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Something doesn't feel right. EotS is my forte, been doing 1-3 clears per sub. And I'm at 88k. 90k to L? One day left? What the devs expect of us?
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I haven't been able to grind at the end of all of the subs, but with one reset left on second to last sub, I'm only at 90k. Have done all normal optimal clears.

This feels a lot more brutal than the last time this event ran, or any of the prior progressions to legendary tokens. Will have to pick up for sure 60k+ in the last sub.
  • Anybody got a good survival team they want to share? I've been using Blade + IF + Ldaken/Vision, which is working pretty well, but not very healthpack-friendly for the long grinds (Blade/Fist are too squishy to tank if something goes wrong). Vision for the longer ones, Daken to get it over with quickly. Use attack tiles to down Teiatsu without retribution, throw out a bunch of nightstalkers to avoid slashes to the face (bonus: you'll usually steal blacktile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.png , all of which can be very useful in this setup). Once it gets going, it accelerates absurdly quickly. Vision, despite his "nerf," is great as a tank and heavy hitter while you get started.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anybody got a good survival team they want to share?

My two main players are IM40 and LCap -- rush yellow, then it's stun/shield time (nb: my IM40 is 5/5/2). I've been using Hood as the third (though at level 92 he's incredibly squishy), and KK when he's dead (and if I want to actually use green).
  • Akari
    Options

Lcap (145/166 not optimal), KK (162/166), BP (154/166 not optimal)

Everything's a bit disjointed, but it's working well for me. KK fuels herself and regains life, BP pumps damage with yellow and black, Cap stuns and damages with red and blue.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm running Vision, X-force Wolverine and Scarlet Witch against the wave nodes. Two different AoE attacks help a lot there.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As day six winds down, I've been doing three clears a day (plus some grinding) and I'm still only at 120k. Which means I'll need to grind out 50k in this last sub for the legendary token. Blerg. Hopefully the Vision node is grind-friendly.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm struggling to do the last node - Grey suit BW, Vision and scarlet witch - get past 3 waves then out - my list is posted any ideas after a look.

Also swapped SW with Silver Surfer

Cheers
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Rubberbanding is in effect and very noticeable on the last sub. For a while my Vision essential node was worth well over 5000 points.
    I'm at 158K now, so I need to get 12K points in 7 hours to get the Legendary. I think that should be doable.
  • I'm using ss, c storm and mn mag for the last node. Buff them up with some boost. The fun begins when mag matches 5. A walk in the park.icon_e_smile.gif
  • I made progression without touching the final node during the grind to 1. I saw that I could get into top 10 in the last 10 minutes with one clear of that final node.

Gorgon and the sniper had a different thought as I wiped on the first wave. It was nasty.
  • Sidlon
    Sidlon Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options

Cage/SW/Lcap has been unbeatable this event - can't imagine playing it without luke's caltrops-guard.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I used witch/cap/mnmags on the top node of the second to last sub yesterday and took minimal damage. fill caps shields early with 1-2 runs with mags purple, then mags just sat behind and with caps shields and witch's 5-turn stun, was pretty simple really. caltrops was never an issue because they were either stunned or dead.

edit: same on the top node of nick fury rescue (last sub). that team works well with vision or cap, but cap is more sustainable. with the vision essential and cap boosted, used mnmags a lot during this one, even at 94.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Got the legendary token in the closing hour... Invisible Woman. Ah well.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I played a standard team for survival nodes for a while Cage/Fist/Falcon but I went with the boosted characters to try a new team Vision/sw/spidey and it worked really well. Stun in two colors, shields from spidey to prevent attack tiles from bleeding you out, and rainbow coverage. Use goon waves to collect purple, blue and red and then when gorgon comes up stun him with spidey and then unleash the blue -> red vision AOE combo and the sw purple AOE. In the last node of the last sub I made it through with no more than 1k health lost on any one character.
  • TxMoose
    Options
    FYI - on the vision nodes, I went with witch, vision, mnmags. vision tanks all his colors and you can feed his red/blue with mags and witch force feeds mags purple. works like a champ. mnmags tanks nothing and hides behind the big guns. get a blue vision cd out and case mnmags for cascades that wreck. on the longer survival nodes, when vision is full on ap, purple can be used by witch for her aoe/stun. love boosted vision. never thought I'd say that, but he is fun to play. he can also be played well with im40 (2 yellow), but you have to go chase yellow for that. with mnmags, witch keeps him going for free.
  • TxMoose
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Rubberbanding is in effect and very noticeable on the last sub. For a while my Vision essential node was worth well over 5000 points.
    I'm at 158K now, so I need to get 12K points in 7 hours to get the Legendary. I think that should be doable.
    mine was over 7K, but I'm only doing 1 clear/sub her for iso/tokens and didn't do that node till recently (1/2 way into the sub). definite rubberbanding. maybe they're trying to help people get to the LT? wonder if they can turn that on/off at will to manage things.
  • Akari
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:

Is it rubberbanding? When the points go up on a node for me, it's because the enemy levels also go up. I assumed it was dynamic scaling in effect since I did too well on some nodes or something.
  • Realstuff_NameChange
    Realstuff_NameChange Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    Played the event as much as I could, grind the **** out of the end, end up with nothing but 1-200 point nodes at only 6k from the legendary...

I swear, no other game has ever made me regret spending time playing it as much as this one :/

YYha5Rx.jpg