PVE: Enemy of the State 22 Oct - 30 Oct

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm on Tower of the Hand sub, started it on 94K and have done two full clears and a bit of grinding on the survival nodes and have now notched that up to 104K, so 10K for 66% of the time spent on this sub. I'm currently ranked 33rd but I can see 1st only has an extra 4k on me so getting anything close to the 40k needed on this sub for legendary is impossible (I'm fairly sure it's mathematically impossible).

Hopefully final sub will be high point survival sub which I can grind to death, otherwise I'll be missing this one.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I seem to remember the late wave battles being worth 5k+ points.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    One clear of the Hand Fortress is worth roughly 8000 points, so I think you can get 30,000 points with dedicated grind. Not sure how big the point increase will be for the last sub though, but I imagine it's possible to get 70,000 points in the last two subs.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've done one full clear on Hand Fortress. Currently have just shy of 112k, which leaves 58k left to go. Let us assume that I'll do 2.7 more clears of the penultimate sub, which will gain me another 23k (rounding down since I rounded up with my original score).

I'll have 135k overall, which is 35k short.

As long as the last node has about 12,000 per clear, myself and everyone with about my score should be fine.

But that's IF it's at 12k. And that's cutting it awful close. I've never had it this close before and I haven't changed my play-style for this event compared to any other PVE.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I had 110k after day 4 of the event. Day 5 has no survival nodes, but worth 4k ish per clear. I expect to get 15k total from day 5. I think the last sub did have high value survival nodes. I'm fairly confident I will reach legendary progression. Not worried. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    One clear of Fortress is around 8600. I am worried about my own progress, since I finished Hell's Kitchen with 91k. I may just take it easy on all pvp this season and focus on pve because my scaling got screwed by SS and OML, but if pve is going to be tough too, then I'm in trouble. More so because I got wiped out twice in the survival nodes in Fortress due to Gorgon being an all-around ****.
  • Quebbster
    Akari wrote:
    One clear of Fortress is around 8600. I am worried about my own progress, since I finished Hell's Kitchen with 91k. I may just take it easy on all pvp this season and focus on pve because my scaling got screwed by SS and OML, but if pve is going to be tough too, then I'm in trouble. More so because I got wiped out twice in the survival nodes in Fortress due to Gorgon being an all-around ****.
    I finished Hell's Kitchen with 85K... I think 90 is doable with a dedicated grind though.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have played this PVE more than I have any in absolutely ages. I just hit 90K. How much do they expect you to grind to hit the Legnendary for ****'s sake? It's ridiculous.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Back in July when Antman was released there was an infamous bracket that opened 3 hrs before the end of the EotS event. I believe one clear was about 20k (12k + 7k for the two wave nodes) and competitive end scores were well above the current progression.
    Needless to say people were hitting 40k+ with 2 hrs pure grinding, if it's similar then it should be fine.

No idea how that run compares to this other than people were mercing for 150/160k minimum.
  • Quebbster
    Back in July when Antman was released there was an infamous bracket that opened 3 hrs before the end of the EotS event. I believe one clear was about 20k (12k + 7k for the two wave nodes) and competitive end scores were well above the current progression.
    Needless to say people were hitting 40k+ with 2 hrs pure grinding, if it's similar then it should be fine.

No idea how that run compares to this other than people were mercing for 150/160k minimum.
    SLice 1 just started the final sub, going to be interesting to hear what one clear is worth...
  • OneLastGambit
    Just to allay peoples fears, I'm on the final sub and visions node alone is worth 3.5k, big points on this node. If you were at 110k or more after hand fortress then I think you'll be fine as long as youre not missing vision.
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I am honestly not sure how people manage to join VERY late, do minimal clears, and manage to hit Progression AND Sub + Main Ranking.

Sub + Main I totally get and have seen, but how can you possibly hit Progression, too?
  • Quebbster
    Just to allay peoples fears, I'm on the final sub and visions node alone is worth 3.5k, big points on this node. If you were at 110k or more after hand fortress then I think you'll be fine as long as youre not missing vision.
    Neat. Do you know what a clear is worth approximately?
  • SunCrusher
    Whoops sorry, NINE nodes total so far including 3 Essentials.

Final-ish non-Essential node is a Survival node with 6 Waves, worth 3420 points. Gorgon is likely in there somewhere.

Not sure if it is the final node or not.
  • SunCrusher
    I don't have initial clear values but with the 6 Wave node entitled Triumph still uncleared plus the second-clear values of the other 9 nodes, the math comes out to 10,229 points if that is any help.

That's at least a minimum of 10,000 points.

Still not sure if there is another node after Triumph (6 Waves).
  • Quebbster
    SunCrusher wrote:
    I don't have initial clear values but with the 6 Wave node entitled Triumph still uncleared plus the second-clear values of the other 9 nodes, the math comes out to 10,229 points if that is any help.

That's at least a minimum of 10,000 points.

Still not sure if there is another node after Triumph (6 Waves).
    I think Triumph is the last one. I'll just assume it's 10,000 points for a clear, and there's some rubberbanding at work. That means at least 30,000 points across three clears plus the final grind...
  • OneLastGambit
    Full clear is worth roughly 12.5k for anyone curious about final sub. Also expect some tough survival nodes, final node on this sub is a real tinykitty
  • Quebbster
    Full clear is worth roughly 12.5k for anyone curious about final sub. Also expect some tough survival nodes, final node on this sub is a real tinykitty
    Even better. 50K should be easy, I think I need somewhere around 60 though.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    SunCrusher wrote:
    I am honestly not sure how people manage to join VERY late, do minimal clears, and manage to hit Progression AND Sub + Main Ranking.

Sub + Main I totally get and have seen, but how can you possibly hit Progression, too?

Old progression targets where fine (current 3* cover), the new Legendary progression you could possibly miss the first 2 days of a 7 day event but you need to grind!
  • SunCrusher
    The final Survival style node is **** brutal.

Ninjas ninjas and more Caltrops-y and strike tile-y --- yeah. Ninjas.

I ought to be listening to Fade to Black right now.

Cleared the node, but not without difficulty and some luck.