Who's going to squash Ant-Man?

13»

Comments

• I'm pretty excited now that my AM is decently covered. I've spent all week dumping ISO into him for the best shot possible.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    florida92 wrote:
    I'm pretty excited now that my AM is decently covered. I've spent all week dumping ISO into him for the best shot possible.

You're doing it all wrong.

You're meant to die twice, then go and turn all your 1* tokens into characters to sell to have another crack, wipe twice more and realise you don't have enough ISO to buy boosts anymore, go and start converting your offseason taco tokens, level up, wipe twice more and give it one last go in swearing frustration and get a non crippled board and cruise through easily.

Preparation takes all the fun out of it.
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    florida92 wrote:
    I'm pretty excited now that my AM is decently covered. I've spent all week dumping ISO into him for the best shot possible.

You're doing it all wrong.

You're meant to die twice, then go and turn all your 1* tokens into characters to sell to have another crack, wipe twice more and realise you don't have enough ISO to buy boosts anymore, go and start converting your offseason taco tokens, level up, wipe twice more and give it one last go in swearing frustration and get a non crippled board and cruise through easily.

Preparation takes all the fun out of it.

It is all wrong, that's why I'm doing it icon_lol.gif

Preparation prevents a phone to the wall slightly
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    I'll be hugely upset if Doom does not get to fight Mr Fantastic eventually. That may decrease his odds of going up against Ant-Man though.

Mr Fantastic is being put up against the Silver Surfer. Apparently the fights have been too fair so far.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since it's Scott Lang and he's from the movie rather than the comic, I'd only assume he's up against Falcon.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Since it's Scott Lang and he's from the movie rather than the comic, I'd only assume he's up against Falcon.

From a cinematic perspective, your choice makes sense. HOWEVER, from a game play perspective, factoring in MPQ mechanics, Falcon doesn't make sense because he has no offensive power to KILL YOU QUICKLY. icon_twisted.gif In the back of my mind, I think the developers take particular delight in seeing how fast players wipe in the weekly ddq nodes. So an offensively challenged guy like 3* falcon doesn't work; this could also be why Dino was matched against Squirrel Girl rather than Loki (lack of offensive ability compared to SG's two). D3 wants to sell boosts and heals; they want players to feel mental pain and anguish from losing over and over again. Quickly. That won't happen w/ a 3* Falcon, unfortunately. icon_twisted.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    I think it could happen depending on
    1) What the TU is. Something that drops strike tiles down could be killer if there's no way of matching them and there's plenty of yellow on the board.
    2) They use Captain Falcon instead o.o
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    I was thinking it could be ultron but this antman is scott lang not hank pym. If the fight is a 3 star character iron man model 40 could be a possibility as antman is on caps team for the civil war movie.
  • Can't wait to test my puzzling skills with my single cover Ant-Man… icon_rolleyes.gificon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, it's Jean.

My L200 5/3/5 Ant-Man didn't have any trouble with her, but she'll probably be a tough opponent when he's undercoved/leveled.
  • seth_is_OK
    seth_is_OK Posts: 48
    edited October 2015
    My 1/1/0 Ant-Man with 4241 health was politely asked to leave with one Mind Over Matter. I think I'm going to sit this one out now.
  • GMadMan040
    GMadMan040 Posts: 207
    edited October 2015
    Yeah...pretty lousy to throw up the upper most tier four star against Ant-Man. I said earlier in this thread that he is underrated. I stand by that assessment, but Jean Grey though? That's about as tough a fight as you're gonna get.

EDIT: Naturally with a Human Torch Inferno TU...haha...hope you got enough of those blue covers handy.

EDIT #2: Level 152 2/1/4 Ant-Man, + blueflag.png / purpleflag.png , + yellowflag.png / redflag.png , +All AP. Got it on the 2nd try. Deny purpletile.png & greentile.png like crazy, fire as many powers as possible AND NO MATCH 5's. EVER. Done.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Took two tries. Beat her with a lvl 127 2/0/3 ant-man. Denied her green n purple and wasn't dumb enough to make a 5 match. Ants and pym particles wore her down eventually.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    GMadMan040 wrote:
    Yeah...pretty lousy to throw up the upper most tier four star against Ant-Man. I said earlier in this thread that he is underrated. I stand by that assessment, but Jean Grey though? That's about as tough a fight as you're gonna get.

EDIT: Naturally with a Human Torch Inferno TU...haha...hope you got enough of those blue covers handy.

EDIT #2: Level 152 2/1/4 Ant-Man, + blueflag.png / purpleflag.png , + yellowflag.png / redflag.png , +All AP. Got it on the 2nd try. Deny purpletile.png & greentile.png like crazy, fire as many powers as possible AND NO MATCH 5's. EVER. Done.
    Just wait until Red Hulk has to fight Hulkbuster...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    *Sigh*
    When I get Jean Grey down to 1800HP on a board full of my attack tiles and strike tiles made by my level 115 3/1/1 Ant Man and I have literally 3 turns to go...and then the board creates this wonderous cascade for her that gives her the last green and purple she needed in a board that was until then devoid of either...I give up.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    JEAN GREY?! Are you **** kidding me? Son of a.....
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    JEAN GREY?! Are you tinykitty kidding me? Son of a.....
    Yeah, there's no way anyone could've seen THAT coming icon_rolleyes.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    It's like you've got the power of premonition.. icon_lol.gif
    Yes, and like most prophets through history, my talents were appreciated only after it was too late... icon_e_biggrin.gif