Who's going to squash Ant-Man?

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I see that Ant-man is the top 4* character in the DDQ vault!

I am looking forward to the massive beating my 2/0/1 Ant-man will receive!

But who will dole out this unholy punishment?!?!

If I were evil, I would choose Bullseye as the opponent, with a Daredevil Radar Sense as the team-up!

Is there a more evil combo? Sound off!

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    My Antman is 3/3/4 level 207, and I still don't think he's good enough to beat a level 270 unless it's a favorable matchup.

It would have to be someone who could produce things to steal.

I think it's going to be Sam Wilson Falcon to mirror the movie. An easier opponent, but Redwing can remove some special tiles. And you can steal his Bird Strike.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm thinking Doctor Doom. The way their powers would interact is very mingled and it has the two like colors that most matches have had:

Ant-Man Purple makes a trap tile that spawns purple Attack tiles. But Doom makes a purple trap tile every turn. So Ant-Man prevents options for Doom's tiles or overwrites them, making it more likely that Doom overwrites Ant-Man's trap.

Ant-Man Blue can steal Doom's Attack tiles, but Doom turns blue tiles black. This makes it harder to match away the countdown if it is already there, but also makes it harder to get blue AP to cast your ability or Grow.

Ant-Man Yellow puts Countdowns on Red which interfere with Doom's Demons.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daredevil's a good one, fits the 2 color overlap criteria.

I'm leaning towards Beast. Competing for Yellow/Blue. Beast Blue generates tiles, Ant-man blue can flip them.

Vision, Mystique, Doom are also possible.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm leaning towards Beast. Competing for Yellow/Blue. Beast Blue generates tiles, Ant-man blue can flip them.

Beast would destroy Antman. His cheap blue and green are quite good when buffed and a level 270 Beast would be nasty.

I edited my above post to say I think it will be Falcon. Shares 2 colors, matches the movie fight, and an easier opponent for a 4* that's probably not as covered than previous DDQ characters.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Incidentally, I didn't think I would have much of a shot when I first saw this would be Ant-Man (I had him at 5 or 6 covers). But in the last week, I've used Taco Tokens on three occasions trying to replenish health packs and pulled Ant-Man in TWO of them!
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker

Vision will be just plain nasty no matter who he's match up against. All he has to do is gather 5 blue and every match he makes will be on par with 5* match damage. Hopefully he's never used as a match up in the 4* ddq.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's going to be Moonstone
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:

I edited my above post to say I think it will be Falcon. Shares 2 colors, matches the movie fight, and an easier opponent for a 4* that's probably not as covered than previous DDQ characters.

Good point!
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    Beast would destroy Antman. His cheap blue and green are quite good when buffed and a level 270 Beast would be nasty.

His green will hurt, but boosted it's "only" ~3k at best to a single target, IIRC. Plus obviously competing over blue would be a key strategy, like most of the other battles.

I don't think it'd be that much worse than Blade/Elektra or XF/Cyc.

Like the Falcon idea, but feel like that will just take forever, not actually be hard, since Falcon has no damage attack.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think it will be Falcon, simply because it would be a very dull and uneven fight (unless the ai gets a very nasty team-up, but it seems to have ms marvel as a default these days, maybe to remove the unfair advantage). If you deny him purple, you've cancelled two of his three powers. Redwing isn't much of a threat either, because it can't target trap tiles and the strength of Antsy is that he throws out a lot of special tiles at a time, so Redwing will never be able to keep up, and you can keep throwing special tiles and big Grow punches at him while he can only do match damage.

Capfalc would probably be a slightly more interesting opponent, but if we look at it from a pure gameplay perspective (like Fury/Doom was), i think Grocket would be an interesting opponent. Shares two colors with Antsy, makes strike tiles for you to steal, but can kill you quick if you can't steal fast enough, has a big hit power that zaps part if the board and special tiles, and if you're not careful he'll be back at full health after you've whittled him down with special tiles.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doc Oc would be the best option.. he matches your tiles to create attack tiles for you to steal back.. deny blue or it is all over... but, does not fit the color scheme.

DD (radar sense would be nasty at 5 covers lvl 270) and 1 billy club, unless you have your traps out, it is pretty much over.

Scarlet Witch seems to be the best fit. Color wise, and she self generates purple to match away your tiles.. but.. that would be a touch OP.

This is a tough one. I may have to agree with Falcon. His shields vs your strikes and attacks, redwing vs everything you can do. it will be a LOOONG fight, but.. doable.

There is also 3* Spidey.. deny yellow.. or the match will take 4 hours...
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    I thought Doc Ock too, with the way both their powers play off special tiles, but he would break the shared two color pattern they've had for all of these challenges so far. I don't see them abandoning that, as its probably whats made a lot of these challenges doable for half leveled characters.

Maybe CapFalcon, a 4* opponent like they did for Xpool against XFwolv? (still a long match, as long as you deny him red to stop his damage attack.)
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    They already abandoned the two-color-overlap theme with the X-Force vs. X-Force fight, since those two only share black -- and Deadpool can't even use it!

I doubt it'll be Falcon just because an enemy with no offensive powers at all seems too easy for the matchups they've been putting together. Captain Falcon, maybe. That'd also be a fairly easy matchup for Ant-Man, though, since his only damage is red and Ants! Ants! Ants! will clear red off the board without making you match it.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please, devs, don't let it be Loki.
  • Der_Lex

Why not? No offensive powers, very few hit points even at 270, and the worst he can do to you is flip the Ants, Ants, Ants! strike tiles to defense tiles that you can steal right back. This should be as one-sided a fight as Falcon.

On the other hand, Doc Ock would definitely be a very challenging opponent. Better make sure to have a blue trap tile out if you use any of your other specials against him in case of Insult to Injury, and don't let him build up enough blue at all.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    They already abandoned the two-color-overlap theme with the X-Force vs. X-Force fight, since those two only share black -- and Deadpool can't even use it!

Ah, I missed that one due to only having 2 covers at the time. interesting, so it could be Doc Ock. Though they might save him for Carnage, too. That Sim PVE from before Anniversary showed how painful that could be.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Der_Lex wrote:

Why not?

Reverse psychology is why not!
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex wrote:

Why not?

Reverse psychology is why not!

In that case, I really hope it's not Bag-Man.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    They most likely read these to figure out who we think would be the hardest, and go with that.

With that being said..

Bagman would 100% be the hardest! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    Carnage could be a fun battle.