Who's going to squash Ant-Man?

Comments

• brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Whoever it is, I doubt my 4/0/4 will be up to muster.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    brisashi wrote:
    Whoever it is, I doubt my 4/0/4 will be up to muster.
    Lack of blue isn't going to hurt. You've got plenty of the right covers to spam a lot of damage.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scarlet Witch could be interesting -it's basically a race to see who gets their purple power going first. With enough attack tiles out you don't really mind getting stunned for 5 turns.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    I'll go rocket and groot.
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Yelena,she needs some lovin
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Even though it's Scott Lang and not Pym, I'm going to say Ultron. With some kind of special tile creating team up (possibly Moonstone blackflag.png team up). He could stun you and destroy AP. And while his red is weak, maybe a dozen or copied strike tiles will beef it up.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Doesn't matter who it is, my 4/0/1 doesn't stand a chance. icon_e_sad.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    As we've yet face off against anyone with a stun, which would be incredibly cheap in a 1:1 battle, that takes the suggested Doc Oc, Spider-Man, SW, DD off the table
  • simonsez
    You know what would really suck? If they make us take this mid-tier support 4*, which most people have severely undercovered, and have us fight one of the best 4*s, like Jean Grey. If someone had some inside information that this was the plan, it might be a good idea for someone to hint that this was going to happen, so that people could have a preemptive freak-out over it, and maybe the devs would change their minds.
  • All these people sleeping on Ant-Man.

Ant-Man is a solid 4* character. He does a lot of things well and while he requires a lot of AP for that big hit, that constant damage over time should not be ignored. It is precisely the kind of thing that can win you a 1-on-1 fight.

With enough yellowflag.png covers and a +R/Y and +all colors, all you need is one yellow match to get some decent damage rolling and pop some solid strike tiles on the board. His purpleflag.png if not dealt with adds up fast too.

I'm sure the fight that he will be facing will be something challenging, but Ant-Man is not a pushover character.

It's gonna be something unusual, because the only real color matches for him are Falcon, 3* Spidey and Professor X.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Leaning towards icon_squirrelgirl.png

shares purpleflag.pngyellowflag.png
    protect tiles you can steal and will hurt you badly if she gets 9 purple
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    Leaning towards icon_squirrelgirl.png

shares purpleflag.pngyellowflag.png
    protect tiles you can steal and will hurt you badly if she gets 9 purple

Doubt they would make her an enemy again so soon after Devil Dinosaur.

I'm leaning towards Falcon, but it could be anyone who makes a ton of special tiles.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Definitely going to be someone that makes tiles he can steal. He is a (small-time) Crook after all!

But really, best guess is Falcon. Hard to say though.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    My money is on Ironman, possibly model 35 since D3 is cruel icon_razz.gif
  • simonsez
    SirLanik wrote:
    Definitely going to be someone that makes tiles he can steal.
    I'm not sure that letting Jean hit you with green so you can steal the tiles she generates would be the best plan.
  • Rhycar
    Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    So whoever it is certainly has to create tiles you can steal. Haven't had a stun to face yet, and I doubt we will (that would just suck too badly). And, except for one time, the two character shave shared two colors (could be coincidence, but I doubt it). Given that criteria, I think the most interesting possibilities are Doom, Daken (ouch), RG, Panther, Falcon, FalCap, IW and Carnage. Others that fit but I think would be painful are Beast, CMags, and Spidey (yawn). Personally, I think Doom and Panther both could be hugely interesting.
  • Yellowjacket
    Wasp
    Giant-Man
    Ant-Man (Hank Pym)

It'll probably be Spider-Man. Cos ants are scared of spiders. 3* Spidey would be easy, while 1* Spidey could be a real irritant, stunning Ant-Man, dealing damage, and creating critical tiles

But the worst would be Bagman. Imagine having Ants! Ants! Ants! continue attacking for another 4 turns, never to create strike tiles. Or even worse, your special tiles being locked icon_cry.gif

Bagman would be great. grow would be much easier. However I do not expect an adversary so easy.
  • Rhycar wrote:
    So whoever it is certainly has to create tiles you can steal. Haven't had a stun to face yet, and I doubt we will (that would just suck too badly). And, except for one time, the two character shave shared two colors (could be coincidence, but I doubt it). Given that criteria, I think the most interesting possibilities are Doom, Daken (ouch), RG, Panther, Falcon, FalCap, IW and Carnage. Others that fit but I think would be painful are Beast, CMags, and Spidey (yawn). Personally, I think Doom and Panther both could be hugely interesting.

Black Panther seems the most appropriate. Doom, a purple so hit and you fall. It can not be him.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll be hugely upset if Doom does not get to fight Mr Fantastic eventually. That may decrease his odds of going up against Ant-Man though.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Looking forward to a long (or short) match w/ Hood. icon_twisted.gif