The Forums Have Been Really Slow the Last Couple of Days

Comments

• jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    The BV/WOM decision itself is not a promising first step.

Sorry, not familiar with that acronym. Someone care to translate? Thanks!

Black Vortex / Women of Marvel
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Square wrote:
    loroku wrote:
    For the record, I received about 20 to 24 anniversary tokens. I got two 3* characters, and all the rest were 2*. Obviously my luck was particularly below average, but I think it may be that the universe is trying to tell me to move on.
    If you finished both Galacti, you would have gotten 6 x 4*. That alone would make it a strong week.

I'm sorry, but I received only 2 4* not counting DD which won't drop again for another year so now I have him at 2/3/2. Again, not exactly great.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    grunth13 wrote:
    Square wrote:
    loroku wrote:
    For the record, I received about 20 to 24 anniversary tokens. I got two 3* characters, and all the rest were 2*. Obviously my luck was particularly below average, but I think it may be that the universe is trying to tell me to move on.
    If you finished both Galacti, you would have gotten 6 x 4*. That alone would make it a strong week.

I'm sorry, but I received only 2 4* not counting DD which won't drop again for another year so now I have him at 2/3/2. Again, not exactly great.
    Only 2 4 stars in a week?not including dino?how dare they!!!!!
  • loroku wrote:
    I feel like the anniversary just held up a mirror and showed us all the worst parts of this game: "insane difficulty for poor rewards with zero communication" pretty much sums it up. I don't know a better way to summarize this game. Which is such a shame because honestly the core "match 3 + powers" game is SO good. I hate that the rest of the game is so bad.

This is exactly how I feel. The recent trends show that they have no idea what the difference is between "challenge" and "requires luck". Not knowing what makes for a fun game is not a good thing for a game designer.

I had been planning on buying some HP the next time a sale came up, but held off when the anniversary hit. Now I can't even make myself finish the DDQ. I'm browsing these forums right now looking for news on their hinted-at changes, hoping for some good news.

Basically, I'm looking for a reason to keep playing. I'm not leaving my alliance and quitting entirely just yet, but I'm on the edge. Getting into Future Fight a little, just because I'm a sucker for collecting Marvel heroes. It's looking like D3 has lost a customer.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    its really interesting because the forums are mainly veteran players. Even during the event 'the whiners' as other players are quick to call them were also veteran players by and large, with a few entirely new players here and there.

There's a lull because there's no new info to speculate. Some general unhappiness in the mix.

1- We know x-23 wolverine is coming next month. We know 4 stars are being received at an over-all worse level then before. (1300 even as unreachable as it was, was a definite cover, legendary is any 4 star, buts true goal is a 5 star)
    2- 2-3 star transition is paced as if 4 is endgame
    3-Another 5 star is coming in November/december as well if I've read correctly
    4- 4 Stars are slowly approaching 3 star level in numbers, with no visible goals to make them more obtainable. As we know from DDQ and PVP legendaries are meant for people with 4 stars, with pve being the one way to get them otherwise.
    5- Iso is still being given as if 3 stars are the max level.

I think they've reached a critical point where change is needed. Some players have been talking since about july about how they'd play catch-up get more covers etc during anniversary.
    Even after drawing 20+ single anniversary tokens. I got 1 devil dino and 2 3 stars. The 10 pack had 1 4 star, so some luck there I guess.
    The game can't keep treating 3 star as the endgame gate, and 4 as the mega rare, and 5 as the you wish.

Like why even create a press release about old man logan to draw in new players, when Old man Logan would do NOTHING to make a new players game more fun.
    **** scaling, **** in PVP, cover can't be whaled up.
    Every decision seems backwards. On one hand the little info on the games state you get are being told the game is doing very well, on the other hand, things are being squeezed like they fear bankruptcy. Can't spare iso? Like really lol.
  • GurlBYE
    Penarvon wrote:

Basically, I'm looking for a reason to keep playing. I'm not leaving my alliance and quitting entirely just yet, but I'm on the edge. Getting into Future Fight a little, just because I'm a sucker for collecting Marvel heroes. It's looking like D3 has lost a customer.

The contrast between Future fights compensation for everything, and grind as hard you want, when you want to grind between MPQ's optimal, pay money to advance in pvp thing is like night and day.

I don't even enjoy future fights gameplay as much but the entire experience makes me rank it above.
  • GurlBYE
    grunth13 wrote:
    Square wrote:
    loroku wrote:

Yeah what a joke to expect 4 stars, the characters being released on a biweekly basis, during a time when 2 were released within 7 days of eachother.

Being sardonic for forum likes doesn't do anything for feedback especially when its entirely reasonable to expect more.
    How dare he expect more of a 4 star that appears during one week of a year.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Penarvon wrote:

The contrast between Future fights compensation for everything, and grind as hard you want, when you want to grind between MPQ's optimal, pay money to advance in pvp thing is like night and day.

I don't even enjoy future fights gameplay as much but the entire experience makes me rank it above.

Yeah, gameplay in FF has been a bit mindless. Either I can beat a level with my eyes closed or I'm underleveled for a rift and get killed quickly. No real nail biters either way.

But, boy howdy, do they lay on the roster options. I'm only a week in and I have

3* Iron First
    3* Daredevil
    3* Iron Man
    3* Daisy Johnson
    3* Black Bolt
    2* Deathlok
    1* Captain America
    1* Vision
    1* Black Widow
    1* Mockingbird
    1* Falcon
    1* Luke Cage
    1* War Machine
    1* Winter Soldier

And no paying for roster slots! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Poor event and even worse communication made me leave the alliance I made then uninstall the game. Future Fight may be as much a mindless grind as MPQ but it is a fun mindless grind.

D3Go/Demiurge/Way forward are (and I am certain of this) now looking towards Magic: The Gathering and 5* releases were their last big paycheck for the Marvel Universe before they officially stop caring.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    We have an entire sub-forum dedicated to the other games people play, please keep on topic/MPQ'ish.. but fee free to start up a conversation here about MFF (i play, so may join in):

viewforum.php?f=10
  • grunth13
    grunth13 wrote:
    Square wrote:
    loroku wrote:

Considering I had a 1/3/3 HB after Ultron 2, yeah I do believe, "How dare they". When you only need 3 more 3* covers (of which 1 of those is for QS so I shouldn't even count that), random drops and 1K on pvp or legendary tokens is the only way to get 4*. I can get 1K on any pvp that I really want it now. So with that said, I can get 3 4* covers in a normal week. Therefore, 2 covers vs 3 covers is less than normal. During an Anniversary event, you would hope to get more than 2 4* covers.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    grunth13 wrote:
    Considering I had a 1/3/3 HB after Ultron 2, yeah I do believe, "How dare they". When you only need 3 more 3* covers (of which 1 of those is for QS so I shouldn't even count that), random drops and 1K on pvp or legendary tokens is the only way to get 4*. I can get 1K on any pvp that I really want it now. So with that said, I can get 3 4* covers in a normal week. Therefore, 2 covers vs 3 covers is less than normal. During an Anniversary event, you would hope to get more than 2 4* covers.
    I got six from Galactus, two DD from PVP and alliance rewards, three more DD from anniversary tokens, a PX and JG from tokens, and a Falcap, that's what I remember. I got a SS from a Legendary somewhere recently too, maybe before the anniversary, maybe during.

So, I got a dozen over the anniversary, at least. You didn't get what you wanted, but it sounds like you didn't play Galactus optimally. If you had, you would have definitely had more than three a week. I don't see where your outrage is coming from.
  • grunth13
    Square wrote:
    grunth13 wrote:
    I got six from Galactus, two DD from PVP and alliance rewards, three more DD from anniversary tokens, a PX and JG from tokens, and a Falcap, that's what I remember. I got a SS from a Legendary somewhere recently too, maybe before the anniversary, maybe during.

So, I got a dozen over the anniversary, at least. You didn't get what you wanted, but it sounds like you didn't play Galactus optimally. If you had, you would have definitely had more than three a week. I don't see where your outrage is coming from.

Actually I played quite optimally, the problem was that they changed the odds the after I opened up majority of my tokens. Which they should have returned and let me open it again...but they are too cheap for this. You got lucky this go around unlike the majority of the player base unlike Ultron where my luck wss common place and maybe even less than common than some.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Square wrote:

You do realize random token draws are random, right? Some people didn't have your luck.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Square wrote:
    Galacti

lol
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    firethorne wrote:
    You do realize random token draws are random, right? Some people didn't have your luck.
    Yes, and I got a ton of tokens, which gave a lot of chances.

I wonder why you chose to inform me of that rather than any of the large pile of gripers who didn't get a sufficient number of covers, in their opinion. The same holds equally true for them. Maybe they were simply unlucky. It says to me that their frustration was misplaced.

Anyone who didn't get three Devil Dinosaurs in anniversary week was either astronomically unlucky or a low level/inefficient player.
  • GurlBYE
    Square wrote:
    firethorne wrote:

I wonder why you chose to inform me of that rather than any of the large pile of gripers who didn't get a sufficient number of covers, in their opinion. The same holds equally true for them. Maybe they were simply unlucky. It says to me that their frustration was misplaced.

Anyone who didn't get three Devil Dinosaurs in anniversary week was either astronomically unlucky or a low level/inefficient player.

You still don't understand how probability works. no matter how much grinding or 'low level' or 'inefficient' they were, and no matter the covers you got.

THE ODDS WERE LOWER THEN LAST YEAR.
    YOU BEING LUCKY DOESN'T MAKE THEM 'GRIPERS'
    THEM BEING UNLUCKY DOESN'T MAKE YOU A GRIPER.

The disconnect is you downplaying others experiences because you stood out.
    It's technically possible for a person to have drawn a 4 star from every standard token they get.
    That doesn't make the odds better because they did it.
    Factually, the tokens were worse then heroics and barely brought up to the level of heroics halfway into the anniversary.

Worse off, you are bee-lining at this one point instead of the others mentioned here.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Square wrote:
    firethorne wrote:

Pretty sure the odds were 3% for Devil Dino, right? So out of 100 tokens that's 3 Dinos on average. So, that means that anyone who didn't get 100 anniversary tokens is a low level/ineffcient player? And anyone that got 100 tokens but fell on the wrong side of the average is astronomically unlucky. Got it! Those are rational statements! Totally rational!

I mean.... I don't even really want Devil Dino, so I consider anycovers I get for him unlucky, but that's just me personally.
  • i scored 900K in the first run, a million in the second run and the ten pack in the anniv season. i got 2 DD red. i guess ill join the astronomically unlucky club.

i did get 7 other 4* covers during the anniversary but nothing to write home about. theres just too many 4*s and all of them not named hulkbuster, jean grey, iceman or prof x arent worth building anyway. this game is a giant toilet bowl right now. if it werent for my alliance being so good, id be hard pressed to find a reason to play it.
  • I would say this anniverary was about as far from awesome as possible, but then there's no reason to belabor that issue. We will never agree on it.

It is a hard crowd to please and they've made little effort to do so, which makes me think they don't care if we (the boardies) are happy or not. I doubt though that many newbs enjoyed the anniversary even with no expectations.

Is it though?

Not sure about anyone else, but having been on the forum for a while, I don't see anything close to this with 99% of the members. I realize that the more something gets repeated, the more "true" it feels for some, but the actual evidence doesn't square for me.

There appears to be 1% on either side of the equation, one side seemingly impossible to please, the other apparently unable to publicly voice anything remotely negative about MPQ, with the middle 98% being populated by the crowd with more reasonable expectations.

While I would concede that I have seen posts from 1-2 people in six months that made me think it would take a lot to make the person "truly happy," and posts from those few on the other end that have me consistently smh, most of what I've read has been from folks who merely want to feel an appropriate mix of risk/reward, cost/benefit, adequate recompense for obvious losses, some tangible recognition of long-term brand loyalty, and to be treated fairly and with respect by a company asking for their business… and money.

Not going to get into other games specifically, but the phrase "night-and-day" comes to mind, on the front end (developer behavior/attitude) as well as the back (customer response).

So are MPQ players really "hard to please?" Nope. Being treated fairly on all levels is not an exaggerated request, it's pretty basic, and excellent economic policy. Developers like D3 are obviously not building games to make people happy, they're doing so to make money. Of course, the sad irony is that nobody spends money quite like someone who is happy… just ask anyone doing business in Vegas. icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC