The Forums Have Been Really Slow the Last Couple of Days

Raffoon
Raffoon Posts: 884
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Did everyone just give up after the anniversary fiasco?

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    maybe they banned a lot of people from the fourms i know im just getting off a 7 day.. Still dont know why i was though
  • I think it's just a general post-anniversary blues thing.

Anniversary was rad but now it's over and it's just normal MPQ right now. Same old same old. icon_e_sad.gif
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    I think it's post-anniversary blues because it mostly sucked. It was a letdown and people are apathetic toward the game. And rightly so. Combine that with off-season and it's sloooow.
  • Noticed the same. The last announcement from D3 regarding compensation dropped, a few half-hearted, "Boooo!" posts, and then crickets.

Irregular mod presence, hardly any new topics, not even new event threads? Heck, not even seeing any of the usual knee-jerk "It's all your fault, you whiny entitled whiner" posts…

It's quiet… TOO quiet. icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

I did however notice a thread about D3 looking to hire a game analyst. Perhaps they've finally discovered that there is actually a limit to blind consumer goodwill?

Makes me wonder how the forum will continue to change, considering what it was like when I joined 6 months ago with a bunch of the more dedicated forum folks/players still around…

DBC
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Noticed the same. The last announcement from D3 regarding compensation dropped, a few half-hearted, "Boooo!" posts, and then crickets.

Irregular mod presence, hardly any new topics, not even new event threads? Heck, not even seeing any of the usual knee-jerk "It's all your fault, you whiny entitled whiner" posts…

It's quiet… TOO quiet. icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

I did however notice a thread about D3 looking to hire a game analyst. Perhaps they've finally discovered that there is actually a limit to blind consumer goodwill?

Makes me wonder how the forum will continue to change, considering what it was like when I joined 6 months ago with a bunch of the more dedicated forum folks/players still around…

DBC

still say a lot of banning cause of the posts what became of the WOM and other PVP that locked up. Could be wrong but wouldnt doubt it. Hopefully Ice will be back before the end of the week and post what is coming after Thursday PVE.
  • I think it's post-anniversary blues because it mostly sucked. It was a letdown and people are apathetic toward the game. And rightly so. Combine that with off-season and it's sloooow.

I'd say the anniversary was awesome, and way better then last year's... but like.

Any and all instance of D3 not giving out additional stuff when they could, or giving it out a bit too slowly for people, while still having a ton of people in general frustrated by how slow it is to progress in general does kinda add up.

Last anniversary was hella boring compared to this one, but it also came out of nowhere and was just "Hey here's a ton of free stuff!" while this one was more "Hey, we got a new event (that's hard as heck), and some more limited free stuff wait crud everyone's mad quick open up the free stuff valve!"

And even that free stuff valve doesn't make up for crankyness at Galactus1/4*DPD difficulty, and every minor slight turns into a gargantuan slap in the face from people who are already on the edge of their cranky britches with crankyness.

And the problem of Free Stuff usually being tokens, thus people with bad luck aren't going to get a lot of joy out of it. You could make a token with 90% odds of a 3* or better and you'll get people pulling 10 250 iso8.png in a row.

It's a hard crowd to please.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    I would say this anniverary was about as far from awesome as possible, but then there's no reason to belabor that issue. We will never agree on it.

It is a hard crowd to please and they've made little effort to do so, which makes me think they don't care if we (the boardies) are happy or not. I doubt though that many newbs enjoyed the anniversary even with no expectations.
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Quite a few people I know are quitting before S20 starts - not only because of anniversary related stuff, but also 5*s etc...

I guess it's a little too early to see if that's the case with the forums, or if people are just a bit down about the game. It's also the offseason, so people are probably just taking a break from all game related stuff. It'll probably pick back up again in a few days.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Threads are getting locked or moved at a much higher rate as well. A post at the top of the front page of General used to cycle to about 2 or 3 pages back over a 24 hour period for me. Now a thread is likely to stay on page 1 for a day or two before dropping.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    This is my second anniversary. I've noticed that the forums are super slow lately. As one of the "veteran" players, I admittedly am experiencing letdown. I'm also dealing with varying levels of disappointment this year. I'm disappointed with old content , like the DP vs. MPQ event. I couldn't force myself to even bother entering this event. I just don't care anymore. I played to almost burnout on Galactus because it was NEW content. Now, back to the same old. I also feel like I'm being punished for having a good roster with the scaling. Call me spoiled, but I'm used to building up characters to make things easier, not harder. Facing level 355 super mobs is miserable, not fun. Poor token pulls for the first half of the a Anniversary Week was quite frustrating. My first anniversary, I ended on a high note. This year, not so much. My token draws had a lot to do with that. I was bummed by the Anniversary "season" awards being kind of watered down, but I'm not going to really make a big deal over 1 extra Anniversary token. I'm having letdown over missing out on two Cyclops covers, but getting two Red Hulk covers the second Galactus run. My Cyclops is essentially useless until God knows when. The same goes for all the 4*'s on my roster. That's another post for another day. There's no news on Season 20. None. I'm left missing the Anniversary, but at the same time, not knowing if I have anything to look forward to. I guess if anyone else is feeling in limbo like me, that's probably why the forums have been quiet.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    Threads are getting locked or moved at a much higher rate as well. A post at the top of the front page of General used to cycle to about 2 or 3 pages back over a 24 hour period for me. Now a thread is likely to stay on page 1 for a day or two before dropping.

The mods have a thankless job, to be sure, but the constant merging and moving of threads sends a signal and I'm not sure it's a positive one.

I mean, at least they were consistent: they merged the thank you threads as well as the bomb-tossing threads. It wasn't just a case of "clean up all the negative posts so it doesn't look so bad but leave the good stuff alone."

But, like, the moving of threads because they want to encourage conversation in other sub-forums? I'm sorry. It's not that I hate the sub-forums, but a lot of my browsing is on break at work. The more places I have to go to find threads the less likely I am to read anything.

And I'm sure I'm not alone.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    I'd say the anniversary was awesome, and way better then last year's.

lolwut

The Lightning Rounds last year were so dope, nothing this year even came close.

And this isn't even taking into account everything that was **** about the "celebration" like the first Galactus run abortion and the token draw rates that were as tight as a duck's sphincter.
  • colwag wrote:
    I'd say the anniversary was awesome, and way better then last year's.

lolwut

The Lightning Rounds last year were so dope, nothing this year even came close.

And this isn't even taking into account everything that was **** about the "celebration" like the first Galactus run abortion and the token draw rates that were as tight as a duck's sphincter.

The lightning rounds last year was honestly the only thing coming close to a new gameplay experience, and that was not because of the 20 man brackets, but because of the fully covered unreleased 4or in it.

I'd take a new unique PVE event, even including Galactus 1, over "Same sort of PVP we always do but with a newer fancier character instead"

I thought it was a more fun anniversary after the first Galactus run, much less after loosening him up a bit.

Everything else was just "eh same old MPQ but giving out more stuff."
  • Nooneelsesname
    Nooneelsesname Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    The devs have received a ton of negative feedback over the last week. There's not much point in saying anything else until we see how they are going to handle things going forward.

The BV/WOM decision itself is not a promising first step. Although I do appreciate that they made an attempt to address us as human beings rather than revenue faucets.

So progress, I guess. Yay?
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    I moved away because I was so put off of the forum wide tantrum that was the anniversary. I had double the rate of 4*s, I banked tons of ISO, and was only mildly put out buying two new slots for new 4*s I'm planning to use (that is to say, not Mr. Fantastic). So it was a nice treat for me. But the collective whine of this place was as if the devs had shoved hot iron pokers up the players' butts. It was a turn off, and the devs definitely had my sympathy.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly, this event was so poor that I just stopped caring entirely. Maybe others feel that way. I just hopped on today to see if I missed anything after about halfway through the anniversary (apparently there were better tokens or something?) but frankly it just doesn't matter anymore because this game just feels so ...tedious.

I feel like the anniversary just held up a mirror and showed us all the worst parts of this game: "insane difficulty for poor rewards with zero communication" pretty much sums it up. I don't know a better way to summarize this game. Which is such a shame because honestly the core "match 3 + powers" game is SO good. I hate that the rest of the game is so bad.

I spent the second half of the anniversary looking for a replacement mobile time sink. There are just too many other games out there to keep spending time on something that is so frustrating and can't figure out how to make a good game. Two years is it, folks. Beta is over. (Of course, the main thing I realized is that other games mostly suck, too.)

Hopefully one day they'll get it together. Today is not that day.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Square wrote:
    I had double the rate of 4*s, I banked tons of ISO
    For the record, I received about 20 to 24 anniversary tokens. I got two 3* characters, and all the rest were 2*. Obviously my luck was particularly below average, but I think it may be that the universe is trying to tell me to move on.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    loroku wrote:
    For the record, I received about 20 to 24 anniversary tokens. I got two 3* characters, and all the rest were 2*. Obviously my luck was particularly below average, but I think it may be that the universe is trying to tell me to move on.
    If you finished both Galacti, you would have gotten 6 x 4*. That alone would make it a strong week.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I'm still here! I just have very little to say!
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    The BV/WOM decision itself is not a promising first step.

Sorry, not familiar with that acronym. Someone care to translate? Thanks!

As for me, the anniversary prompted me to get my Marvel fix elsewhere, so I've been on Future Fight a lot more than puzzle quest. Still curious on if the devs are planning any course corrections, but not holding my breath.