Forum Thread

Comments

• Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Since I need the 4* way more than 5*, I opened each one I got before the 5* went from 5% to 10%. Now, with more and more people reporting mmr/scaling issue, I've started hoarding them. I'll open them when I'll have enough 166 to fill confortble with that.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've hoarded 0, earned 6. Open them as soon as I get them.
    Got a Silver Surfer from my first, the rest have been 4*'s. It's not as great as it sounds. So far, those 4* covers have all been turned into 1000 ISO each - that's almost enough for 1.5 levels on my 4* characters!

I've got a few 4*'s that could definitely benefit from covers, but I'd rather get 5*'s or a bunch more ISO.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've opened +20, each PVE token, each DDQ token, a few 1300 PVP tokens, personal PVP progression tokens, PVP alliance season token both Galactus tokens, pulled 2 out of Deadpool vault. token_legendary.png have largely been a bust for me. 1 SS cover, and a lot of IW covers I don't need and Mr F covers I don't want. My last 6 tokens have pulled 2 IW and 4 MR F. I feel like I'm getting trolled at this point
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    I am rather disenchanted by leg tokens. So far out of the six I have gained/opened, 4 of them were Starlord. One of two 4* I am not thrilled to get. The other 2 tokens gave me IW.... The other 4* I don't want.

Sooo... Not really getting the hype.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Hey Ctenko! My complaint was specifically about pulling 3 yellow IWs from a down or so legendaries over the past month ... pretty long odds on that (supposedly!). I am on day 490 ... dunno how many IWs I have sold...enough to have made a dupe certainly! She is the Moonstone of the 4* tier!
    I pulled two iw green in a row followed by two yellow fury in a row. I needed one green cover. It was an extremely bad week. Still waiting for my first 5* after 20 pulls give or take
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    finally took the plunge, and added my 3 OML covers to my roster. I will find out next pve if I'm screwed. icon_lol.gif
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Till now I have opened about 10 legendary tokens and get 1 5* (yellow OML).
    However I would prefer to get 4* covers to max out my 4* first. At the moment I have only 5 of them at about 6-10 covers and just starting to be able to use them. I would like to max them out and enjoy them before starting to develop my 5* roster.

Additionally I am still playing a lot of PvE so I don't want to raise my scalling.

Nevertheless I won't cry if get a 5* and definitely I won't sell them.
  • TOFU3
    TOFU3 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    The last time i hoarded and opened 5 Legendary tokens, i got a WOML yellowflag.png .
    Just now i opened another 5 that i saved during Anniversary event(1 DDQ, 1 PvP Progression, 3 PvP 13k) and i got 2 Silver Surfer blueflag.png .
    I used to open the token immediately when i get one and the results are usually not very good(quite a lot of Starlord and IW). Therefore i started to hoard at least 5 Legendary tokens and wait for a good day(and good mood so that i wont get mad if i get IW again and again) to open them.
  • I never really horde tokens much, guess it's the excitement that breaks me!

I've managed to earn all of the legendary tokens from the PvE events, but didn't have any luck pulling anything from the 5* tier. However, last week, I did my DDQ (I don't horde these either). My second time doing the missions that week (so it was my 4th pull out of the 300 items) and I pulled the legendary token. As if that wasn't lucky enoug, I pulled a blacktile.png OML from the token. The next day, I did the Devil Dino 4* mission and that token gave me a yellowtile.png OML.

Two extremely lucky back to back legendary pulls.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    have ss at -/2/2 and somewhat disappointed. also have logan at 1/-/-. they get used in LRs because less people hit them than daken/patch when I'm getting towards the end of the seeds. I have a feeling that I will use them more when I get their respective healing covers. have not leveled either one. right when they added OML I had 14 tokens saved and the top of my roster went from 8 maxed 3*s at 166 to 2-255s and hb up to 220 and I've recently leveled my xf up to 172, so I won't be leveling them up any higher to try and keep my pve somewhat reasonable, because I just don't see them helping me any other than as a low-level scarecrow. and a scarecrow is not worth screwing my pve. I don't regret pulling them, because I'm that much farther ahead when I finally reach that transition, but not there yet and they really aren't doing much for me. if I could trade them for a hb black, px blue, and some jean, I'd probably do it.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I opened my first two immediately, then hoarded several until OML was released. Since, I've been opening them as I get them.

I've gotten two Surfer and one OML, all black (plus Starlord red (needed for essentials, at least), Kingpin purple (2), Prof X purple (wish it had been blue. Oh, how I wish), XF Wolvie green and yellow (meh; still don't have his black), DP4 red (one of the five or so 4* covers I didn't need), IMHB one apiece (sweet!), Mr Fantastic black, IW green (didn't have, so not as upset as some), 4hor red, FalCap yellow). I've been pretty happy with my 4* pulls of late; I didn't realize how few had come from legendaries. Not terribly meaningful, but interesting.

I'm... not thrilled with 5*s, in general. Despite my poll answer, I haven't rostered any of them yet, but with 36 hours left on the first of them, I'm going to be rostering them soon (probably right after the start of the DP vs MPQ sub-two, tomorrow, to at least save my scaling for one more event).

I really wish they had set the level on them a lot lower; one hundred to one-fifty, maybe, with a nominal cost to bring up to 255 (maybe one or two iso per level). For the foreseeable future, they're going to be a drag (my focus is PvE, where I regularly do top-10); hopefully not a big one (in hopes it'll help, I won't play them, or level them at all). My roster currently tops at 120; I'll be leveling up a bunch of 3/4*s (to 140 or 150) when I roster the 5*s, to keep the scaling from being quite as bad. But I'm still not thrilled that I'll need to do that. I would've liked to've waited until I could get at least ten up to 166. If the scaling keeps me from at least getting legendaries every time out from PvE, I'll be pissed. If it keeps me from getting at least one cover from the next release event, I'll be similarly pissed.
  • GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Opened 12 total. First 2 and then hoarded until 10%, now I open them right when I get them.

2 OMW covers:)
    4 useful 4* covers
    6 dupe 4* covers

Feeling pretty good about them so far.
  • M C K
    M C K Posts: 96 Match Maker
    My tracker says I've earned and pulled six token_legendary.png since 9/15:

9/15/15 - icon_professorx.pngpurpletile.png
    9/17/15 - icon_silversurfer.pngbluetile.png
    9/24/15 - icon_thor.pngbluetile.png
    9/25/15 - icon_ironman.pngbluetile.png
    10/16/15 - icon_falcon.pngredtile.png
    10/19/15 - icon_wolverine.pngredtile.png

I like my odds so far!
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I waited until OML was released to open my small stash of 5 tokens. First pull was OML yellowflag.png . I need a LOT of 4* covers, so I've been opening them as they come ever since. My last came from the GH2 progression rewards and was, gratifyingly, OML redflag.png .

"You're doing great, Logan! Naw, we're fine back here. Oh, let me shoot this guy on your left for you. Keep up the good work!"
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    I've opened every single one of my legendaries since they started, which is probably about 8 or less of them? I got the one from every pve, and none from pvp. My very first one was a red Surfer, and I just opened a black OML from Galactus 2. I have almost every 4 star, but with laughable numbers of covers (almost all at 1-2), so at this point anything helps.

I haven't really noticed my pve scaling going crazy, but that's probably because I lost a lot to higher nodes even with Surfer so my scaling dropped. These days I don't even use him anymore due to having a little bit more depth in my 3* roster. I don't think I'll ever use OML either for a long, long time.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am sitting on 16 legendary tokens, which will be 18 by the time Iceman and Cyclops (Classic) are added to tokens on Thursday. Then it will be party time.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am sitting on 16 legendary tokens, which will be 18 by the time Iceman and Cyclops (Classic) are added to tokens on Thursday. Then it will be party time.

I don't see why they won't ad Rulk as well. I've been saving my tokens for pretty much the same reason - right now I'm at 58% of not drawing 1000 Iso - after they add the current 4*s I'll be at 65%, just under 2/3s. I'll take that.

My own experience - I'm at the 4* transition. When they implimented Legendary Tokens I had HB and WXF maxxed at level 250. I had Carnage at 5/2/5, also at 250. My IW was 5/3/5, all my other 4*s were 12 covers or less.

I've opened 16 tokens - I stopped about halfway through the last Season, as I was starting to max out my 4*s due to the 1000 point level on PVP. I've saved them since, I'm up to 7. As a part of the 16 I drew the following:

8 4*s I could use (so 6 that were 1000 Iso.) Most of them were incremental changes of my lower-level 4*s. I did draw my final icon_carnage.pngblackflag.png through a token, as well as got my icon_professorx.pngblueflag.png to 5.
    1 OML redflag.png
    1 icon_silversurfer.pngblueflag.png

So as far as probabilities go - I'm a bit up for 5*s and pretty much dead-on for what I could use and what I couldn't. I can't complain about that. It hasn't affected my scaling that I can tell, since I already had 3 4*s at nearly that level (I've leveled HB and Carnage to 255 since.)
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    $$ has really killed my scaling in pvp, like jumping straight to maxed out 3 star teams with a maxed 4 star and skipping giving me no matches with 90s 2 star Characters. But no way in hell, am I selling my $$ with 2 covers. At that's just dumb at this point, so I'll just have to keep mainly to pve and DDQ to build iso, 3 stars, and the occasional LT. I'm basically forced to open LTS now just to level up the many many 4 sours that I do have. My only rule though is to have a roster slot ready in case I get a 4 star that I don't have.

At this point all I'm missing are ProX, WF, HB, IW, and SW until they add Cyclops and IceMan. No OML either.

That's the downside to LT tokens, when you already have a large four star base gained from other tokens, hoarding them only hurts you cause you want build up the ones you that you have. And once you get a 5 star, then it becomes a necessity.

I do wish the devs would fix the scaling for rosters like mine that upscale me so badly in pvp and punish me for have lucky twice upon a rare character. It's like being a middle class tax bracket but then finding a diamond on the beach and that one diamond suddenly shoots me up into the highest tax bracket.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    I'm a 3* transitioner, with only 5 maxed 3 stars. I rostered Silver Surfer and didn't notice any major jumps in PvE or PvP difficulty. Then I rostered OML and I think my PvP went nuts. Teams with all maxed characters right after seed teams? Sigh... Not sure on PvP yet, Deadpool vs MPQ seems to be perfectly ok so far.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    In honor of today:

LoganDensity_zpspydap4fn.gif